News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: WEEK 1 - MAP04 ZDCTF04 [JUN 15 - JUN 21] Discussion  (Read 3613 times)

-Alpha-

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
WEEK 1 - MAP04 ZDCTF04 [JUN 15 - JUN 21] Discussion
« on: June 14, 2020, 11:27:03 AM »
Week 1 - MAP04: Ralphis' Magical Ice Forts (ZDCTF20)
June 15th - June 21st

Demon SlayerS [DS]
Alpha, HateDaddy, Halloween, Dranzer
0 pts (0-0-0)
vs
[TOF]Tai's Only Fans
Tai, Dastan, Edd, Galactus
0 pts (0-0-0)

Steel Ball Runners [SBR]
Zakken, Caution, Legion, Saltmine
0 pts (0-0-0)
vs
[SUC] Super Chargers
Ralphis, KBlair, ThatsJustPrime, Souler
0 pts (0-0-0)

Rip N Tear [RIP]
Stall, Chain, Avc, Shane
0 pts (0-0-0)
vs
[BW] Boomstick Warriors
DevastatioN, Asriel, Jwarrier, Godlike
0 pts (0-0-0)

Giant Pea Shooters [GPS]
Alt+Stab, GhostKiller, Xenaero, Denzoa
0 pts (0-0-0)
vs
[SXP] Sexual Panthers
HumanBones, Dragon, Tobi, ShadowStalker
0 pts (0-0-0)

Ô Blésq Blom [BQ]
Infer, Shift, Cartel, Dsparil
0 pts (0-0-0)
vs
[BST] Best Ever
RoSKing, ACC, Skullrush, Darkion
0 pts (0-0-0)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 07:22:48 PM by -Alpha- »

-Alpha-

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
Re: WEEK 1 - MAP04 ZDCTF04 [JUN 15 - JUN 21] Discussion
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 06:35:50 AM »
Coming back after 2 years, the WDL season starts off with a banger. SBR vs SUC

Friday Night SmackDown
SBR vs SUC
Both veteran captains coming into this season seeking for WDL glory, like any other captain. After playing against both teams, I believe it'll be an exciting opener, both teams have quality players in their respective positions. It'll be a close match for sure, unless Prime activates UBER LAG mode, then SUC got it in the bag. Because they got my boii Prime, I'm edging on their side for this week.
SUC 2-1 

Triple Threat Saturday
GPS vs SXP
I can't really say much on their teams, since I haven't practiced with them, yet. Stab has a frag heavy defense, so Dragon will have a tough time getting flags out, but Dragon has a solid defender in his corner as well, captain himself, BoneR. For this week, I'm giving it to SXP with Dragon bringing it home.
SXP 2-1

DS vs TOF
:)
lol I open on the same map from my first season as cap D:! I'm looking forward to Edd's content. Content.

BQ vs BST
I personally haven't seen BQ practice, so I really can't say much.. BST is obviously a title contender, so it'll be a tough opener for BQ. Having played against such a strong team, BST, I'm giving them the win this week. But bet your money Infer ain't letting his fellow R companion off with a W so easily, they'll fight back, but RoS takes the W D:!
BST 2-0

Father's Day Special 
RIP vs BW
"Rookie" Captain Stall opens his WDL glory playing against Dev. Bet your ass this match will be frag heavy with just the two of them alone! It'll literally come down to the runner's support stopping the opposition's team from getting the flag back from the base. So this will be an exciting match to end the week. But I give Dev the W having a fragger as a support, Jwar.
BW 2-1

CarteI

• Rookie
  • WDL Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 03:21:38 PM »
I'll come back later with the rest of my predictions, but I'll go ahead and post my SBR/SUC one now since they play tonight.

SBR vs SUC
This is a very hard game to predict. Both teams are super strong. SBR has players who've all won WDL titles, but how are they making the transition from Zan to Oda? It's been a while since they've played here. I think I'm going with my gut and say SUC will take game one, but SBR adjusts and takes games two & three to get the series win. SBR 2-1 over SUC.

CarteI

• Rookie
  • WDL Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2020, 11:54:59 PM »
DS vs TOF
I currently have TOF has the highest rated team in the league, but that's on paper. Being strong on paper doesn't always translate to wins. It will come down to Edd. Edd can one of the best when he cares, but if he starts to get bored then goodnight TOF. DS looks good on paper as well. Not as strong, though. Alpha will have a tough decision of whom to play as his 3rd. Dranzer & Hate should no doubt be the starters, but who takes that final spot? Chances are it won't matter against this powerful team, but it will later on down the road. Plenty of time to figure that out. TOF wins this. 2-0 TOF

RIP vs BW
Not the way you want your season to start, playing against probably the favorite to win it all. While I have TOF the highest rated team, I have RIP being in the title game. Their opponent is a mix of four teams. We'll see how that goes. RIP really hasn't practice, while BW has what seems like every day. But honestly, they don't need it. They're all vets. Get a couple of warm up rounds in before their game, and they're good to do. Who BW decides to go with as their 3rd will be interesting. Asriel, solid player, underrated, but never has played on Oda or at least hasn't in years. And he's going up against one of the better defenders out there, assuming he's running. Godlike can be great when he wants to but has been out of the game for a while, not just in Oda, but in Doom in general. Godlike is a better communicator, but I believe Asriel may give them a slight edge in overall player strength. It depends on which Godlike shows up. However, I do believe it will be Asriel. Though, Like DS, it probably won't matter too much. RIP is too strong. BW does have Dev, the best player Doom and Jwar, a top 10 player. That alone will keep them competitive, at least in game one, but RIP settles in and cruises to a comfortable game 2 victory. 2-0 RIP

GPS vs SXP
Vet caps going head-to-head. GPS looks insane on paper. Super strong fraggers and excellent communicators. If I had to guess, I'd say Denz will probably get benched for this one. It did appear they did quite well with Xen & GK. But Alt benching himself wouldn't surprise me though. Denz is too good of player to bench, so tough call for Stab. Bones & Dragon teaming up again. Dragon & Bones some of the best overall players in the game and a good duo. Tobi, didn't know much about him until I saw him playing during the MDF games. Appears to be a solid player, good fragger and runner. Definitely flew under the radar. I'm sure this trio was the plan from the start, and we'll see if it pays off. Not sure what to expect. We'll probably see what most have been doing, at least in practice. A solo defender with two runners. One goes for the flag, the other clears the path for him. This game might be harder to predict than the SBR/SUC game especially since I don't know who the starting lineup for GPS will be. I'm predicting a tie here.

RoSKing

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2020, 02:51:41 AM »
Whoops I'm late... rip my predictions for SBR vs SUC... Sorry!!!

DS v TOF
While my initial thoughts here that TOF would easily take the money, i've practiced with DS; They show a lot of potential, and I think it's possible if they continue to figure things out... however it's the beginning of the season, and I have to go with my gut on what feels right...

TOF 2 - 1 DS

RIP vs BW
I have watched RIP play, and I've felt out BW... All I can say is that RIP has had a strong showing and BW has felt a little lack luster. It's week one and I'm sure that as we progress we will see teams develop more. But given what I'm feeling...

RIP 2 - 0 BW

GPS vs SXP
Match of the week in my opinion (SUC vs SBR was actually another great showing) but we really get to see how strong both of these teams are and how well they coordinate together. It's a toss up for me, I have no idea. GPS sounds so good on paper, but it's hard to see them actually meshing well. SXP I know has great synergy between dragon and bones, but making their third work is a completely different story... I predict a tie.

GPS 1 - 1 -1 SXP

RoSKing

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2020, 08:04:34 AM »
whoops