News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Week 1 - Map07 ZDCTF07 (Jul 7 - Jul 13) Predictions  (Read 9388 times)

Tony

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Week 1 - Map07 ZDCTF07 (Jul 7 - Jul 13) Predictions
« on: July 03, 2014, 11:18:39 PM »
With Week 1 approaching soon I thought it may be a good idea to start posting some predictions!

Week 1 - Map07 ZDCTF07
Jul 7 - Jul 13

[TMC] The Mall Cops vs Rude (Unnamed Team)
[ADD] Adderall Drunk Drivers vs [SDC] Stardust Crusaders
[SUC] Super Chargers vs [SHQ] Shaq Fu
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 11:53:29 PM by Tony »

Water

• Albino
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
Re: Week 1 - Map07 ZDCTF07 (Jul 7 - Jul 13) Predictions
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 04:40:33 PM »
[TMC] The Mall Cops vs Rude (Unnamed Team)
Rude, pick your team name!
I'm expecting Demonsphere to solo D and let the other two run. Rude's team will need to either bring this to a stall or somehow get a capture and do 3 D. That is how I see them standing a chance against TMC.

Can I predict my own game? I'm going to bet money that neither team has really played this map much at all, so may the best adaptation win.

SUC's main force Ralphis loves ZDCTF07 and has lots of experience on it. Combined with a solid team, I'm expecting him to win here. SHQ could practice this map a lot and learn to be sneaky, possibly stealing a victory of SUC isn't ready.

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
  • Welcome 2 Your Own Death
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 06:41:48 PM »
[TMC] The Mall Cops vs [SUPER] SupeRBots
Both rookie captains face off in a test of mettle, where only the team that shows more effort in studying the map will come out victorious. DS's team has a lot of firepower to hold defense, but their offense will be steadily slow and not very effective -- at least one of the members in the team will need to practice running full-time if they hope to get scores. Meanwhile, Rude's budget team has the offensive means to lucky out with a few flags, but at what cost? Rude's best bet is to stay back and defend while Capo frags the middle and Intoxicate runs. It will be a very heated game, and while the Mall Cops seem to have the upper hand in terms of map control, the SupeRBots also have decent rebound and clutch strats, and they shall not let their opponents get away with a short win.
TMC 1-0 SUPER (3 rounds)

Week 1 games featuring Ralphis are always fun to watch, after witnessing a good few IDL games. I personally would love to see RottKing get back in the game and free himself from the rust he's collected for so long, because his last performance in priv left a lot to be desired. Overall I expect this game to have many scores coming from both teams, since Ralph's team is heavily offensive (no big surprise there) and so is Tony's (his only defense-oriented player is Wazzup). This match could go either way -- such is the nature of both teams, but I'll assume SUC is going to triumph with more efficiently aggressive strats.
SUC 2-0 SHQ (2 rounds)

capo

• Banned
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • FW ON TOP!
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 04:24:10 PM »
I think this was nice first game of season. I was kinda woried about TMC frag power , and i was right :D. But i think our practice was beneficial and we did pretty good. GG tox and rude. Also congrats DS and his TMC team.   

legion

• Veteran
  • Yo, ya fuckin jabroni!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 03:23:29 PM »
whoever picked this map can go fuck themselves

seriously

legion

• Veteran
  • Yo, ya fuckin jabroni!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 04:57:17 PM »
"They Called It Map07"

I died.

It's not like it was a huge surprise, I lived and breathed the life of a video gamer. Weighing in at over 300 pounds, my heart gave out when I was 32. Heart disease, my doctor warned. But who thinks they will die at 30? What a huge mistake. I believed that I could be the best at a video game, but I ended up being a low elo scrub who couldn't even gank my lanes, or shoot people without twitching my aim 90 degrees to the side. But I had a fun time doing it.

But now, I'm dead. I appear to be in a room of some sort, in a line. No big deal, I've always wanted to see the other side. I try to ask the person in front of me what's going on, but he doesn't answer. It's as though everyone is in some kind of trance. I look to the person behind me, but nothing is there.

The wait is eternally long, and I am not using that term lightly, considering the circumstances. But now, the wait is over, and I finally get to learn what happens.

I talk with a man in a white suit, who is not wearing any shoes.

"Hello. It's time for your judgement," he said.

"O-ok," I answer, scared and nervous.

"You have lived a life of nothing worth noting. You have two options. One, you may choose to do penance, cleansing yourself of your sins and earning an eternal trip to paradise," he said, unfaltering.

"A-a-and the other choice?" I managed to stammer out.

"You may go directly to hell, living there for a 1000 years of life and torment, or until a time can be determined that a re-judgement may be issued."

"What's the penance going to be like?" after considering for a while.

"It will be a short, but intensely unpleasant experience to give you clarity. It will be of an activity you already know, but from a new perspective."

"I'll take it," saying it with as much courage as I could muster.

"Are you sure? It will be extremely frustrating."

"Yes."

I then woke up in a room with a single computer, and a chair. There was no note, no obvious sign telling me what to do, so I just did what comes naturally. I turned on the computer, and immediately, I was bombarded with a chat box. It appeared to be IRC. While highly obsolete, I decided to roll with the punches and check it out. Suddenly, I was being asked by a person named "Smakken" to practice with a team. Sighing with relief, I said yes, and joined the server.

This is where everything went horribly wrong.

Hitting the accept button brought me to an odd game, the likes of which I hadn't seen in a long time. My team joined the red side. It was a game of Capture the Flag! I knew this game! I told myself it would be no problem, and I started setting positions for the team. I told Smakken to play defense, and my other teammate named "ZdeZoom" to play middle, while I ran to capture their flags. Seemed simple enough.

However, after grabbing an armor pickup, and running to the middle, I was gunned down by two people. I shot at them, but my shot appeared to actually go through them. Whenever I hit them from the same distance, I only saw one pellet hit from my shotgun.

That's ok, I thought. Better luck next life! So I ran to the middle again, and actually made it in their base. I quickly and expertly ran through a player's bodyblock and put a good number of walls between us, but it wasn't enough. I tasted the bitterness of defeat again, but I gritted my teeth, and kept at it.

But it just went on. Shot at once and immediately killed from a distance that seemed infeasible for a sawn-off shotgun.

And on. Ran straight into someone in the only choke that accesses the enemy base, and died with the armor pickup.

And on.

For eternity.

But then, eternity ended.

Or, so it seemed. What actually ended up happening was a teamchat after the game, where Smakken said "Good job team, they didn't score any!"

I told him that we didn't score any either, but he just shrugged it off with a simple "Better luck next time!"

Then, suddenly, a new game started, and I was delegated to play the same position. Again, the same issues plagued the team. But the length of the game got longer.

And the next game got longer.

I finally learned what I had really chosen.

I had chosen the true torture, the penultimate torment.

Because hell eventually would have ended.

This didn't

god save me

Ralphis

• 0 time WDL Champion
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 12:25:22 AM »
a masterpiece

Ten

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 12:43:00 PM »
Whatever happened to posting results of games in their threads? Especially considering the WDL site doesn't have do specific game info (at least from what I can tell), I think it'd be beneficial to post results here like we used to back in the early IDL days. It'd really help out some of the less involved people who aren't there to know specific results like the active players.

Ralphis

• 0 time WDL Champion
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 02:44:08 PM »
Whatever happened to posting results of games in their threads? Especially considering the WDL site doesn't have do specific game info (at least from what I can tell), I think it'd be beneficial to post results here like we used to back in the early IDL days. It'd really help out some of the less involved people who aren't there to know specific results like the active players.

I update the schedule on the front page to reflect the score of a game but we should have more complete stats/schedule on the main page soon.

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
  • Welcome 2 Your Own Death
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2014, 03:28:33 PM »

Tony

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile