News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Playoff Semi-Finals (Aug 11 - Aug 17) Predictions  (Read 5241 times)

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
  • Welcome 2 Your Own Death
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
Playoff Semi-Finals (Aug 11 - Aug 17) Predictions
« on: August 10, 2014, 08:26:09 PM »
Playoff Semi-Finals
Aug 11 - Aug 17

The Mall Cops [TMC] @ [ADD] Adderall Drunk Drivers - Map20 ZDECTF2-01
Super Chargers [SUC] @ [SDC] Stardust Crusaders - Map28 CHAOSCORE11
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 02:14:57 PM by Zakken »

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
  • Welcome 2 Your Own Death
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
Re: Playoff Semi-Finals (Aug 11 - Aug 17) Predictions
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 07:02:11 PM »
Before I post my prediction, here is an important reminder for everybody who is going to play.

Quote from: Excerpt from the WDL rulebook
During the postseason, WDL games are played in a best 3 of 5 format. In addition, if a clear winner is not determined after five rounds, another round will be played until there is a clear winner.

The Mall Cops [TMC] @ [ADD] Adderall Drunk Drivers
TMC had their ups and downs this season, yet none of them was nearly as irritating and untimely as Shane's game throw in their last game vs SDC. Rumor has it that DemonSphere will bench him (for good reason), so my conclusion is that the jolly Mexican, Perrondon will join the fray in his place. Map20 was a really beneficial homefield pick for ADD, as Water has had tons of experience (and won an IDL MasterBowl) in the map, Tai also has plenty of experience (as it is one of [R]'s favorite maps) and the same goes for Dragon, probably. Placing all of that together, it is a no-brainer that ADD as a whole has a very high winning rate in this map. Now, TMC's DemonSphere and Reckless have a rock solid defense game, and possibly a good Mid as well, but their only hope of scoring lies on Perrondon's running, which may be more effective than it should be if he teleports all over the place as people might expect. In any case, Water's team is usually ready for any inconveniences that may hit them on the way, so that won't be an issue. Ultimately, I believe ADD's overall stronger offense will trump TMC in a somewhat heated game. It is just extremely unlikely that TMC will make it to the finals with such a sloppy regular season behind them.
ADD 3-0 TMC (4 rounds)

Super Chargers [SUC] @ [SDC] Stardust Crusaders
My team came a long way since the beginning, and it doesn't look like we're getting some rest anytime soon. SUC is still a strong team despite having a couple of losses. May the better team win!

Rude

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 05:36:55 PM »
The Mall Cops [TMC] @ [ADD] Adderall Drunk Drivers
This is going to be a proper map 20 game.  ADD has been methodical on every map, and now they get to play on their homefield.  Although, I dont think we have seen what TMC is capable of yet this season.  If they are all on point I think TMC can win.  Also ADD has not played the prime lineup of TMC yet, which is advantageous for TMC.  I think it will be close, gonna give the win to ADD tho 4-3-1 triple OT  8)

Super Chargers [SUC] @ [SDC] Stardust Crusaders
Gammmeee onnn.  Definitely looking forward to this game.  SDC comes out of the regular season undefeated, and now Zakken has homefield advantage on map 28-- but how much of an advantage will this be vs SUC?  If both teams are 2 D, I think Ralph gets more flags out.  It going to be an interesting game giving the win to SUC 3-1-1.

Water

• Albino
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 08:04:39 AM »
I'm really excited to see SUC vs SDC.

Will SDC keep up the win rate they have? Now is the now-or-never...