News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Week 2 - Map23 RAGECTF10 [Feb 2 - Feb 8] Discussion  (Read 19925 times)

Ralphis

• 0 time WDL Champion
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
Week 2 - Map23 RAGECTF10 [Feb 2 - Feb 8] Discussion
« on: February 02, 2015, 10:19:41 AM »
Week 2 - Map14 THIRTY4-09
Week 2 - Map23 RAGECTF10
Feb 2 - Feb 8

(0 pts) Sunday School Gangsters [SSG] vs [SUC] Super Chargers (3 pts)
DemonSphere, Dragon, Dranzer, Alpha vs Ralphis, HumanBones, Climhazzard, PerroNDoN

(4 pts) Stardust Crusaders [SDC] vs [GPS] Giant Pea Shooters (2 pts)
Zakken, Wazzup, Tai, Dingdang vs Alt_Stab, Jwarrier, Legion, Starrk

(2 pts) None Shall Pass [NSP] vs [Wumbo] Wumbologists (1 pts)
Rude, DevastatioN, Xenaero, Nub_hat vs Water, Yorick, Torvald, Denzoa
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 08:49:28 PM by Ralphis »

capo

• Banned
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • FW ON TOP!
Re: Week 2 - Map14 THIRTY4-09 [Feb 2 - Feb 8] Discussion
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 11:06:06 AM »
(0 pts) Sunday School Gangsters [SSG] vs [SUC] Super Chargers (3 pts)
DemonSphere, Dragon, Dranzer, Alpha vs Ralphis, HumanBones, Climhazzard, PerroNDoN
I think in this game will be score a lot flags on both teams. And also a lot frags. I see SSG more powerful at fragging but SUC more powerful on capping :D. I am really not sure how this game can ends. It will be close probably. But in fact SUC seems be active and practicing  i see Ralphis pull somehow more flags and win. My final score can be like 2-1-0 SUC.

(4 pts) Stardust Crusaders [SDC] vs [GPS] Giant Pea Shooters (2 pts)
Zakken, Wazzup, Tai, Dingdang vs Alt_Stab, Jwarrier, Legion, Starrk
This game is totaly vice versa to game SUC vs SSG. I think here will not a lot caps. And games will be close. I have but faith in Zakken and in his good tactic for game. I think SDC win here but it will be not unequivocal. SDC 2-0-1

(2 pts) None Shall Pass [NSP] vs [Wumbo] Wumbologists (1 pts)
Rude, DevastatioN, Xenaero, Nub_hat vs Water, Yorick, Torvald, Denzoa
Hard game is coming for Rude's team i think. I am really not sure how this game can end again. I know rude and water hate this map, not sure about others players. DevastatioN is still rusty like hell but i think this map should awaken his killing instincts. I think a lot flags will score here on both teams. But i think Rude's team win after tough fight. NSP 1-0-2

-Alpha-

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 03:31:56 PM »
Sunday School Gangsters [SSG] vs [SUC] Super Chargers
 :-X :-[

Stardust Crusaders [SDC] vs [GPS] Giant Pea Shooters
This game will end in a draw. Both of these teams are gonna go at it with the flag back and forth etc. 1 - 1 - 1

None Shall Pass [NSP] vs [WUMBO] Wumbologists
Dev proved to be a threat in week 1 of the season, putting him on D with Rude mid that's gonna be a tough match up for Wumbo, Wumbo has the ability of playing smart (capping), will their smartness carry them through tho?
NSP 1 - 0 - 1
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 03:36:46 PM by -Alpha- »

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
  • Welcome 2 Your Own Death
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 06:43:01 PM »
SSG vs SUC
While this map seems to favor SSG's frag-heavy style, SUC's well-coordinated strats should prove to be a greater menace. The Ralph+Bones combo will instill terror over all teams through the entire season, and unless SUC goes easy on their opponents for round 2, I have good reason to believe this will be a blowout.
SUC 2 - 0 SSG (2 rounds)

NSP vs WUMBO
Wumbo may have been off to a bad start, but I believe this will be a great opportunity for them to win and clench some points to keep them in a good standing placement. In a match-up where fragging powers look equivalent, what will decide the winner will be the team strats and good timing plays. While I see Wumbo performing good in that regard, NSP's seemingly messy setup does not look that positive in comparison. Might be a rough game, but Wumbo has the edge over the match here.
WUMBO 2 - 0 NSP (3 rounds)

Ralphis

• 0 time WDL Champion
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
Re: Week 2 - Map23 RAGECTF10 [Feb 2 - Feb 8] Discussion
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 09:27:20 PM »
The map has been changed from MAP14 to MAP23. The reasoning behind this is in the following thread: http://doomleague.org/forums/index.php?topic=385

legion

• Veteran
  • Yo, ya fuckin jabroni!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 01:52:55 AM »
"The Head Has Spoken"

Chaos was erupting in the hallowed Halls of Judgement. For years upon countless years, men tested their mettle against each other in sprawling battlegrounds dedicated to the most primal of instincts, War. War has and always will prevail in humanity, so the original Judges felt it was prudent to funnel such urges onto a set of fields where people could either fight each other or an ancient species that once threatened humanity. However, one tribe had found a way to almost cheat the system, a system which has been in place for a long time. Such a transgression, while known to the other tribes as a possibility, had riled the councils and the battleground was voted to become disposed of in a manner befitting the wild chapodecima jaroslavus. I took it upon myself to visit one of the ancients to find a solution.

In his office were aging relics from a time almost forgotten. I circled around the room for awhile, before the host entered. He was decorated with the skulls of the fallen, all those whom he bested in battle. Of course, this world, you could live forever, and if you were slain, then you'd just come back. Some sort of alien technology, I reasoned. However, the skulls were of those who had great skill, but none were greater. Except one, but he now lives on an island retreat, having sex with the locals whom considered him a demigod owing to his 3 arms. The potent one, he was called. But no matter.

"Why have you entered my office without an appointment? I do not take kindly to disturbances of this nature. Speak, and speak quickly, for I have little patience for those who unearth me from my slumber," he declared.

"There's a problem with one of the latest battle arenas," I established.

"That matters not to me. They have long since forsaken me and my methods. And besides, I don't deal with the mortal realm and their petty qualms about capturing oddly shaped relics from an age long lost to the annals of time."

"As the Jeffersonian, I feel you're obliged to know that they're voting to borrow one of your features from your patented battle arena."

"Oh? I'm listening."

So there, I laid out the proposal. There was an issue with an arena, one where a stalemate could occur. It wasn't an easy thing to pull off, but it was an even harder situation to break. The Jeffersonian, last of his noble race, had access to ancient and semi-forbidden technologies. One was a transient shapeshifting technology, reknown to turn even the most hardened of Battle Marine steel to any sort of material, including, but not limited to, raw fires or toxic sludge. It was a brilliant plan, but one that was risky to pull off without a plan B. So, the Jeffersonian, in his infinite wisdom, opted for a simple theft of all objects in the battle arena that could hamper a counterattack to the capture of a relic. It was a flawless plan, as deemed by the Jeffersonian.

One Week Later

My travels to the Halls of Judgement yielded only a video capsule to show for my efforts. The head of the Council sent his emotionless proxy known only as "HatNub" to deliver the holographic news. Business as usual then. The Council head rarely ever shows himself personally, preferring to use his robotic companions to deliver final verdicts.

The Jeffersonian was waiting for the news.

"Have you any news of the council?" he questioned.

"Only this," and I handed him the capsule.

He quickly inserted it into a hologram player. An image that was glaring with reflected light from an overly polished scalp. An impressive feat, since the sun had already started to undergo heat death. I was somewhat taken aback, since almost no one had even seen the face of the Head Judge. He was grinning in an almost infuriating manner, dripping with venomous disrespect.

"Yo, ya fuckin jabroni! I hear people still had a glancing thought about ya, so here's what I'm gonna do about this. Ya see that idea you had, I thought about it, and then I decided that all yer ideas are shit, and we're just gonna scrap the arena altogether! I gotta hand it to ya, Kistus, yer lava floors idea made us laugh like hell. Peace out, homes. Maybe ya can be relevant some other time! Enjoy the care package included."

The hologram dissipated in a cloud of pure Rogainum. At that moment, the Jeffersonian caught what could only be described as ebola and powerful schizophrenia, as he started to bleed from the eyes and eat his own fecal matter. Such an attack means little to the battle-hardened immortals of the Arenas like us, but the insult will still sting as he resurrects. I shook my head as I realized the quibbling tribesmens' whines and cries have just overturned decades of established commandments. Without a glance backwards, I put my cloak back on and set off for the Arenas. The Judgement of the head of the councils was unquestionable. The tribes will have their wish. For now.

capo

• Banned
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • FW ON TOP!
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 05:02:46 AM »

Water

• Albino
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 06:21:53 AM »
Now I HAVE to win because it's my own map.

Jwarrier

• Posts too much
  • REG
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 07:59:44 AM »
Now I HAVE to win because it's my own map.

Don't let us down!

Wazzup

• Veteran
  • I just ate something sour.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2015, 09:31:31 AM »
 :)

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
  • Welcome 2 Your Own Death
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2015, 12:19:10 PM »
Even with the map change, my predictions haven't changed that much.

SUC 2 - 1 SSG (3 rounds)
WUMBO 2 - 0 NSP (2 rounds)

legion

• Veteran
  • Yo, ya fuckin jabroni!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2015, 03:07:44 PM »
this just in: map23's lift is a fucking broken mess

glad we got rid of 14

Water

• Albino
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2015, 03:12:43 PM »
I can operate the lifts 100% of the time perfectly. I don't see how its bugging out.

What if I tried using the lift 50x, would it bug out at least once?

legion

• Veteran
  • Yo, ya fuckin jabroni!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2015, 03:36:39 PM »
dev could explain it in full detail, but you can sometimes not trigger going up, and it fucks everything up

Ralphis

• 0 time WDL Champion
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2015, 03:46:38 PM »
I chcked it out. It happens if you are pressed against it in a strafe run and drop it. What happens is that your body crosses the linedef before the lift hits the ground, so it doesnt get triggered to go back up. Not really broken (possibly could've been better as a regular up/down timed lift) but now you know why it happens