News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Week 4 - Map31 THIRTY4-31 [Feb 16 - Feb 22] Discussion  (Read 6138 times)

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
  • Welcome 2 Your Own Death
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
Week 4 - Map31 THIRTY4-31 [Feb 16 - Feb 22] Discussion
« on: February 14, 2015, 07:13:25 PM »
Week 4 - Map31 THIRTY4-31
Feb 16 - Feb 22

(5 pts) Super Chargers [SUC] vs [GPS] Giant Pea Shooters (6 pts)
Ralphis, HumanBones, Climhazzard, PerroNDoN vs Alt_Stab, Jwarrier, Legion, Starrk

(6 pts) None Shall Pass [NSP] vs [SDC] Stardust Crusaders (7 pts)
Rude, DevastatioN, Xenaero, Nub_hat vs Zakken, Wazzup, Tai, Alpha

(4 pts) Sunday School Gangsters [SSG] vs [WUMBO] Wumbologists (8 pts)
DemonSphere, Dragon, Dranzer, IdeIdoom vs Water, Yorick, Torvald, Denzoa

Water

• Albino
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
Re: Week 4 - Map31 THIRTY4-31 [Feb 16 - Feb 22] Discussion
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 10:12:13 AM »
These next 2 weeks are actually the most important weeks of them all. Teams are really close to one another and going into the playoffs will be determined by most likely the last week for a lot of teams since pretty much everyone is near each other in the standings... Right now, the difference between first and last place is literally a single game. This means SSG currently at the bottom can rocket up to tying for first place by just winning one game with 2-0.

Super Chargers [SUC] vs [GPS] Giant Pea Shooters
GPS' strength is in fragging, so I'm guessing that even with Bones killing most things, this frag map will result in GPS stopping Perro due to his connection not being stable. When he has Ralphis to clear up the people, it usually goes well for SUC, but due to the irritating spawns, I wouldn't be surprised if GPS plays their strongest game this map. In my opinion, SUC's only chance of winning is making Perro aim really well. If he just focuses on running without shooting, GPS will push extremely hard by just sheer frag power and eventually get captures. Since Ralph is gone and probably will get very little practice, I predict GPS winning with 1 win - 0 losses - 2 ties.

None Shall Pass [NSP] vs [SDC] Stardust Crusaders
NSP is a frag machine team. SDC is a frag machine team. I have no idea what will happen. I think again this match will be determined by how Xen plays. As we saw last week, when he started bringing out the 'good old days', NSP won. Thus it'll depend on how the game goes. I see Xen needs at least 1 round to warm up, so I'll predict SDC gets the first round. Afterwards, who knows. Since Zakken is already pissed and destroying cities after losing last week, I expect him to practice a lot this week and make the final result for SDC with 2 wins - 0 ties - 1 loss.

Sunday School Gangsters [SSG] vs [WUMBO] Wumbologists
Can't predict my own game!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 10:14:27 AM by Water »

capo

• Banned
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • FW ON TOP!
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 02:24:31 PM »
No frag power on SUC against pretty heavy team. I see bones will resist a lot against gps attacks but it will not enough. GPS 2-0.

This may be a really long match. I think Xen could beast here on D and rude help him within Dev attacking. I am rooting for doomgods. NSP 2-1

I hope Water will defend this map and dont leak flag or he is noob, xD On serious note i think SSG could finally use here Dranzer, when if not now? A lot frags, and not many flags. I see WUMBO win it tho. 2-0

We could really find some new fraggy map. :D

-Alpha-

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 04:56:58 PM »
GPS' heavy frag team will be able to push perro's and ralp's mid/o power, making gps have the upper hand.
GPS 2 - 0

idk

Wumbo is smart fraggy vs another fraggy team,
OUTPLAYS Wumbo 2 - 1

Jwarrier

• Posts too much
  • REG
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 09:15:14 AM »
NSP has found it's rhythm.  SDC found it's kryptonite.  I predict another loss for SDC this week and probably another rage fest in #wdl following the game.  NSP 2-1.  Dev, Rude and Xen just out gun and out run the competition.

I'm going to go with SSG on this pick.  At the end of this week I do not expect the standings to be any clearer going into the last week of the season.  While WUMBO puts up a fight I do see a fire being lit from DS and Dragon and whatever 3rd they go with this week.  SSG 2-1.

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
  • Welcome 2 Your Own Death
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 09:50:22 AM »
SUC vs GPS
People seem to be joining in the GPS bandwagon after their stellar performance in Map29, while SUC lost to NSP in an upset. However, you're forgetting that NSP just barely beat SUC, and that SUC themselves defeated the current top team in the standings, which is Wumbo. While I have no doubts that GPS has been getting better as the season progresses, I'd say the map in question favors SUC this time. If Ralph's team manages to play their A game here, I believe they can take the victory in just two rounds.
SUC 2 - 0 GPS (2 rounds)

SSG vs WUMBO
SSG is currently in the last place of the standings, so they have to get good results in the last couple of games of the season in order to earn a spot in the playoffs. However, their luck may just have run out, now that they're up against a team with no glaring weaknesses whatsoever. I know both Water and Yorick to be very talented Map31 players, so I don't expect SSG to bring many points home through this game, as I don't see its members effectively countering Wumbo's strong and coordinated advances.
SSG 0 - 2 WUMBO (3 rounds)