News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: WDL Winter 2015 Season Feedback  (Read 9350 times)

Ralphis

• 0 time WDL Champion
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
WDL Winter 2015 Season Feedback
« on: March 15, 2015, 06:21:01 PM »
Now that the WDL regular season has concluded, I'm opening up the forums for player feedback both good and bad. If you don't wish to give feedback to the public, you can send me a direct pm listing what you loved/liked/didn't like/hated. Thanks and we hope to see you next season!

Jwarrier

• Posts too much
  • REG
    • View Profile
Re: WDL Winter 2015 Season Feedback
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 06:22:51 PM »
Water needs to stop winning, except next week.

P.S. It was a fantastic season!

-Alpha-

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 06:52:28 PM »
After "completing" my first season of the WDL, the format and organization was well done! I especially liked the mock auction, at first I didn't understand it, until I used my brain and actually liked the structure of it. And as I recall from TS, we should push to gain more players to increase the player base to have much more interesting yet challenging teams and match-ups for the next season. More players = more teams(?)
P.S. Open the shop! >:[
GGs Season 2 !!

Water

• Albino
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 08:10:39 PM »
This season was really fun, mainly because everyone was always playing and wanted to kick everyones ass. This made every game fun as hell to play and each game usually tight. I hope this happens in the future.

Torvald

• Veteran
  • RK_N0va
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 07:48:10 AM »
Everything went smooth and uninterrupted, which alone is a great feeling. I enjoyed playing against every team because it was challenging. I think the reason it went so well is because everyone knows each other here and we all wanted the same thing - just to have fun. I'd definitely like to see more teams & more players next season, but only if we know they're going to be active and see it through to the end.

Also support for alpha, BRING OUT THE STORE!  :D

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
  • Welcome 2 Your Own Death
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 06:24:01 PM »
What a blast of a season! My only complaint (which isn't very significant on its own) is the server fiasco where players claimed to have lagged during games. Server stability is surely something that should be addressed for this Summer.

Teams were very balanced, as shown by how all teams were so close to each other in points until week 4. All players were generally reliable and active, and all teams had good chances to perform greatly. Fortunately, there were no forfeits whatsoever, and there was not a single team that ever needed to field temporary free agents to play their games! I must praise the WDL community for being so united throughout the season, actively practicing and interacting with each other, making intensive use of TeamSpeak, et cetera. We have developed a very healthy competitive crowd among us, so right now, really our only obstacles would be to extend our reach and get that 8-team season we've always wished for, and keep up the high-level atmosphere we've created! Thanks to the administration team and to every player involved with the league for making this season as awesome as it was. It's been a very enjoyable ride and we're still just getting started.

Xenaero

• Hall of Famer
  • http://xen.unidoom.org/christmas.mp3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 08:17:35 PM »
Pretty okay season. I had fun playing Doom for the first time in a few years.

Best change between WDL and IDL has been the lower amount of teams and lower amount of weeks to reduce burnout and growing disinterest in a season's games.

PerroNDoN

• Veteran
  • #PrayforPerroNDoN
    • View Profile
    • My tracks and projects
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 07:53:44 AM »
Was really fun play with SUC, a lot of laughs and good time, really i enjoy this season, and im looking forward to make grow up this!

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 03:00:02 PM »
Best change between WDL and IDL has been the lower amount of teams and lower amount of weeks to reduce burnout and growing disinterest in a season's games.
The lower amount of teams was just a reflection of the size of the current playerbase. Hopefully the amount of weeks won't increase by much even if we do get more teams in the future. c:

capo

• Banned
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • FW ON TOP!
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 03:07:16 PM »
I think 5 weeks is pretty short. Its max 15 rounds which is 150 minutes which is 2.5 hours? Like wtf? If there is only 6 teams, then teams should play each other twice and have 10 weeks of regular season. Good idea 10/10. Why thank me?

Jwarrier

• Posts too much
  • REG
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2015, 03:18:36 PM »
this coming from a player who cannot even complete one season!   ::)

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2015, 03:23:45 PM »
I think 5 weeks is pretty short. Its max 15 rounds which is 150 minutes which is 2.5 hours? Like wtf? If there is only 6 teams, then teams should play each other twice and have 10 weeks of regular season. Good idea 10/10. Why thank me?
Disregarding the idiotic idea of having 10 weeks in the regular season, I did once have an idea about possibly having each team play two games per week, increasing the amount of total games in the regular season and decreasing practice grinding (which could be annoying for some). However, perhaps this idea of mine would work out better in a season with more teams involved, so that all teams get to play a more proportional amount of games to the season's amount of teams without drastically increasing the length of the regular phase.

Ralphis

• 0 time WDL Champion
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2015, 05:37:25 PM »
I did once have an idea about possibly having each team play two games per week, increasing the amount of total games in the regular season and decreasing practice grinding (which could be annoying for some). However, perhaps this idea of mine would work out better in a season with more teams involved, so that all teams get to play a more proportional amount of games to the season's amount of teams without drastically increasing the length of the regular phase.

Have fun scheduling that