News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Week 1 - MAP24 RAGECTF20 (Jul 6 - Jul 12) Discussion  (Read 8965 times)

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
  • Welcome 2 Your Own Death
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
Week 1 - MAP24 RAGECTF20 (Jul 6 - Jul 12) Discussion
« on: July 02, 2015, 08:45:51 PM »
Week 1 - MAP24 RAGECTF20
Jul 6 - Jul 12

(0 pts) Stardust Crusaders [SDC] vs [SUC] Super Chargers (0 pts)
Zakken, Xenaero, Torvald, Dingdang vs Ralphis, HumanBones, Starrk, Dranzer

(0 pts) The Regulators [REG] vs [GPS] Giant Pea Shooters (0 pts)
Jwarrier, Water, Infante, Denzoa vs Alt_Stab, Yorick, Dragon, Nevanos

(0 pts) Capo Don't Care [CDC] vs [TDT] The Dream Team (0 pts)
Rude, Wazzup, Capodecima, Reckless vs DemonSphere, RoSKing, Legion, Climhazzard
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 11:47:54 AM by Zakken »

DemonSphere

• Walk into it
  • Hall of Famer
  • WDL Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Week 1 - MAP24 RAGECTF20 (Jul 6 - Jul 12) Discussion
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 09:40:07 AM »
TDT wins.

Jwarrier

• Posts too much
  • REG
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 10:05:17 AM »
Stardust Crusaders [SDC] vs [SUC] Super Chargers
Zakken, Xenaero, Torvald, Dingdang vs Ralphis, HumanBones, Reckless, Dranzer

I am going to go with SUC all the way here in a quick 2-0 shut out.  Look for SDC to improve the teamwork later on in the season, but Ralph Bones and Reck are just way too strong. 

Team Rude [???] vs [TDT] The Dream Team
Rude, Wazzup, Capodecima, Nevanos vs DemonSphere, RoSKing, Legion, Climhazzard

A good match up for week 1.  Ros has played sub-par in privs thus far and I look for him to come out swinging.  On the other side if there was any team that might actually benefit from Capo, Rude was it.  Wazzup is a force and with the chemistry of Rude and Capo I think they improve their chances dramatically.  I am going to call a draw on this one (1-1-1).

-Alpha-

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 11:19:44 AM »
SDC vs $UC
I'm going to give it to $UC, Ralphis and Bones has a way better player chemistry and communication. Despite not seeing Reck in the recent days, he'll have to par up with ralp and bones, dranzer he's something but i don't think he will commit to the league well, prove me wrong.
$UC 2 - 0 SDC

REG vs GPS
I think this match will end in a tie. Jwar + Water is a very nasty defensive tactic, and so is Yorick + Stab. Avc and Dragon will both have to pick themselves up and try their best to get a single flag out against these two tough brick walls.
Draw

Team Rude vs TDT
This will be another tough match up this week. Rude/Wazzup/Capo are all nasty defends, with capo having an edge here (oda his sweet sweet homeland). I haven't seen RoSKing play on oda recently, maybe because I've been mia from doom, but since he is an R memeber, I'm pretty sure he'll bring his skills and talent onto the battleground. DS, my homeboy, one of the best defenders i know, will bring his A game onto the arena, along with legion/tony filling up the gaps with either offensive or defensive tactics.
Team Rude 2-0-1 TDT

Water

• Albino
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 11:57:21 AM »

If Reck plays and takes this league seriously, SDC is fucked unless Xen decides to practice. I know how much he does not like practicing, so I expect bad things to happen :(

2 - 0 - 1 tie

Team Rude [???] vs [TDT] The Dream Team
Rude, Wazzup, Capodecima, Nevanos vs DemonSphere, RoSKing, Legion, Climhazzard

This will depend on Legion IMO. Rude + Wazzup + Nevan would be irritating to play against on this map (frag city), and while DS and Ros can do their magic, if Legion sags like old women's boobs due to being rusty, TDT is in trouble.

I predict 1 - 1 - 1

capo

• Banned
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • FW ON TOP!
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 02:01:50 PM »
I dont see much attacking power on zakkens team.  Ralphis is top attack. And i think zakken can have big problems against him. It will deff not short games. Zakken will resist a lot against ralphis. But ralphis will be score :).
SUC 2-0

The Regulators [REG] vs [GPS] Giant Pea Shooters
Jwarrier, Water, Infante, Denzoa vs Alt_Stab, Yorick, Dragon, Starrk
Depends if AVC or denzoa will be play their best. I kinda doubt about those 2 players about their activity and overall skill on this port. I should be kinda suprised if REG win here. I think GPS got this in 3 round game.

GPS 2-1-0

Pretty dull predictions:D I have a lot ideas and i am really looking forward how that teams will perform in their first game of the season, which is always full of mistakes and finding optimal positions for team. :)

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 07:07:08 PM »
REG vs GPS
If both teams bring out their A-game, this will be a blast to watch. Jwarrier's got the skill and the ambition to bring his team to the upper half of the WDL standings, and his first game will be good to put that to the test. Back-to-back WDL champion Water is a master in this map at nearly all positions, and Avc's tricky runs will net them a few guaranteed scores. On GPS's side, Alt_Stab's got two WDL champions in Yorick and Dragon at his service. Yorick has proven to be a monster defender in most maps, and this week will be no exception. Dragon has had a bad season previously, so he will be eager to show that things will be different this time around, with his efficient mid or offense. Despite that, however, I don't see GPS truly winning a single round against the REG powerhouse. A tie or two seem likely though.
REG 2-0 GPS (3 rounds)

CDC vs TDT
This game is a tad harder to predict. Rude is an all-around great player who manages to play any map well, mostly as a runner, but sometimes as a defender too. Wazzup has really strong mid pressure, and Capo's defense or offense won't be an easy obstacle. I haven't seen much footage of any of TDT's members as of late, but from what it seems like, DemonSphere still has a strong defense, RoSKing has yet to fully adapt to Odamex (which will hurt the whole team's performance) and Legion might play his regular Mid/O game. Most signs point to CDC here, but TDT's larger collective experience might earn them a clutch 2nd round win along the way.
CDC 2-1 TDT (3 rounds)

Alt_Stab

• WDL Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 11:28:53 AM »
$UC 2 - 0 SDC (2 rounds)
Zakken has played like an all-star in every season, and he always seems to have his team in the mix come playoff time. Teamed up with Torvald and Xenaro, two upper tier players last season, SDC definitely looks formidable. However, I believe that Bones' defense with Starrk in the middle will be enough to give Ralphis all the space he needs to move. I'm thinking that will spell victory for $UC. 

TDT 2 - 1 CDC
The Dream Team looks undoubtedly strong on paper, and could be the best team in the league. But do they have the right chemistry? We won't know that until we see them in action. Also, week one is less prone to blowouts due to everyone being a little rusty, and I think this will hold true in this case as the game will feature players like Legion, Rosking, and possibly Reckless, who haven't been playing a lot of Oda until very recently. I think that closes the gap a little and will make this interesting. Not that Rude doesn't have a good team. Rude played at an MVP level last year and Capo, forgetting his persona outside the game, is no slouch. Reckless, of course, is the wild card. If he shows up/is motivated to win, he could add a very dangerous element to Capo Don't Care. Also, I'm at work and I'm sooooooooo bored. 

Tony

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2015, 07:44:23 PM »
TDT vs CDC

I've got 3 words for you

YOUR TEAM SUCKS

capo

• Banned
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • FW ON TOP!
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2015, 06:47:08 AM »

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2015, 11:36:51 PM »
To Water, Ralph or Tony: will stats be up and working for the games?

Water

• Albino
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 08:05:28 PM »
Of course ;)