News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: WEEK 3 - MAP12 THIRTY4-16 (JUL 20 - JUL 26) Discussion  (Read 13086 times)

Ralphis

• 0 time WDL Champion
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
WEEK 3 - MAP12 THIRTY4-16 (JUL 20 - JUL 26) Discussion
« on: July 17, 2015, 06:47:38 PM »
Week 3 - MAP12 THIRTY4-16
Jul 20 - Jul 26

(4 pts) The Dream Team [TDT] vs [SUC] Super Chargers (8 pts)
DemonSphere, RoSKing, Legion, Climhazzard vs Ralphis, HumanBones, Starrk, Dranzer

(5 pts) Capo Don't Care [CDC] vs [REG] The Regulators (3 pts)
Rude, Wazzup, Capodecima, Reckless vs Jwarrier, Water, Torvald, Denzoa

(0 pts) Stardust Crusaders [SDC] vs [GPS] Giant Pea Shooters (4 pts)
Zakken, Xenaero, Infante, Dingdang vs Alt_Stab, Yorick, Dragon, Nevanos

Xenaero

• Hall of Famer
  • http://xen.unidoom.org/christmas.mp3
    • View Profile
Re: WEEK 3 - MAP12 THIRTY4-16 (JUL 20 - JUL 26) Discussion
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 07:03:00 PM »
Who wants to see my demos so far this season

Ralphis

• 0 time WDL Champion
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 02:45:41 PM »
CDC vs REG - Probably a REG win but CDC is playing above "expectations" and I hope they keep it up. REG over CDC 2-1

SDC vs GPS - Both teams are coming off of a loss. SDC is in the danger zone, GPS needs a win. The biggest surprise of week 2 was how great AVC looked for SDC. SDC needs more of this. Just based on the first two weeks, I figure GPS 2-0 over SDC, but I'm looking to be surprised.

HumanBones

• Still a Dirty Fetus
  • Administrator
  • Posts too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 02:56:24 PM »
CDC vs REG

I think this game has potential to go 3 rounds, based on the way that CDC played last week. They need to put the practice time in, which I see as the biggest problem for them overall this season. I'm gonna go with a tie.

SDC vs GPS

GPS.

Alt_Stab

• WDL Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 06:05:34 PM »
CDC vs REG

Without having seen CDC practice, I think on paper they look like a team I wouldn't want to play here. They could make things very grindy with a heavy D approach. Lots of frag power on that team. Not sure if they'll be able to withstand Water's sneak attacks though. He's pretty good on O there, and with Torvald now on the team he should have good mid support. Then again I would think this would be a good map for Wazzup to run on so we'll see. I think it's going to be very close, and I'm not sure who to pick honestly, but HumanBones already copped out with a tie so I'll say CDC pulls an upset here and wins 2-1.

TDT vs SUC

Ralphis is damn good here at making you miss, and if he gets a good mid/o tandem going with Starrk or Dranzer, or whoever, he's going to be hard to stop. I think TDT needs to control the sphere and play a strong D. Demonsphere has the ability to shut it down, but this map requires a coordinated team effort. Without seeing any practices it's hard to say yet how well TDT will play this map, but based on the way SUC has played so far I would have to lean their way. I'll say 2-0 to SUC, but my prediction could easily change during the week. Looking forward to this game. Actually both games this week should be really good.

Starrk

• Holocaust Denier
  • Veteran
  • #MLG #360noscope #rekt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 07:02:27 PM »
CDC vs REG

I think this game has potential to go 3 rounds, based on the way that CDC played last week. They need to put the practice time in, which I see as the biggest problem for them overall this season. I'm gonna go with a tie.

SDC vs GPS

GPS.

Could you simplify your predictions further please?

Ralphis

• 0 time WDL Champion
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 07:23:07 PM »
There will be no ties this week. I don't think there will be any this season

Water

• Albino
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 07:25:12 PM »
[TDT] vs [SUC]
The raw frag power that TDT could do will give SUC a run for their money. Again, my predictions always come down to what Legion will do. If he plays like last week... SUC I predict will win. I don't know how we won last week against TDT since I was sick and was doing primitive/dumb shit. Therefore, I'm going to guess Legion won't practice much, and while Cab and DS can only do so much, I expect 1 - 1 - 1
Now... I will actually be disappointed if TDT loses because
1) TDT has the most frag power potential in the league minus my team
2) Legion is my prediction that will make or break the game
3) Legion played a great masterbowl match on this very map, so if he loses then something is critically wrong here since I don't think any of SUC's 3rd or 4th have played this competitively (thus giving TDT an advantage).

[SDC] vs [GPS]
GPS.

[CDC] vs [REG]
Capo quit? Man we're gonna have to try this week if its Rude/Nev/Reck
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 07:28:55 PM by Water »

Starrk

• Holocaust Denier
  • Veteran
  • #MLG #360noscope #rekt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2015, 07:34:37 PM »
CDC vs REG

I'm outraged that capo was booted. Let's get that outta the way. This is gonna be a good fuckin game. A real good fuckin game. Jwarrier and Watervald are a great trio, like Dugtrio and not that lame ass nigga Dodrio. I can't see them starting any other lineup but Water O Tor Mid and Jwar D. Guess it all depends how Tor does at mid, whether he keeps it tight like virgin or if it's like throwin a flag down a hallway.

Yo I fucks with Rude man. This man is underestimated time and time again. Hopefully that nigga Wazzup play. He aight. Reck is nice too, hopefully his net holds up.

Comes down to luck and strategy, gonna give it to my niggas Watervald and Jwar. Watch of for dem Rude boy though, he just a can full of spectacular waiting to explode. REG 2-1, but it gon be close.

SDC vs GPS

My nigga. Where has SDC been this season? These niggas better drink some muscle milk or some shit. Looks like they playin in the Special WDL if u nom tombot. Let's see if the young boy AVC can keep up the good work. Lil nigga making a reputation out for himself, hopefully he doesn't let things get him down COUGH ZAKKEN COUGH.

My nigga alt stab.  they just need to practice and im sure they'll have no problem with this map. 2-0 GPS.

TDT

IM COMING FOR U HANK

Ralphis

• 0 time WDL Champion
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2015, 10:50:29 PM »

CAPO DON'T CARE

VS

REGULATORS

HumanBones

• Still a Dirty Fetus
  • Administrator
  • Posts too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2015, 08:50:51 AM »
CDC vs REG

SDC vs GPS

GPS.

Could you simplify your predictions further please?

CDC vs REG

Tie.

SDC vs GPS

GG.

Wazzup

• Veteran
  • I just ate something sour.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2015, 12:46:11 PM »
GPS vs SDC 2-0

With Xenaero's support Zakken can hold down the fort and prevent noobs like Alt_Stab and Dragon from taking a quick cap. However I do not see SDC's team getting past Yorick without some serious mind tricks, I recommend SDC's runners to phone a friend to get some tips to be a pro.

SUC vs TDT 2-0

TDT, The Dream Team, has a lot of haters mainly because they are associated with the Mentally [R] Clan. But I believe that SUC will flourish especially with Ralphis as the quickest man alive in Doom Entertainment, he will probably score like there's no tomorrow. Good luck TDT I hope your defense can handle it. SUC will need to practice coordination especially if they're using Dranzer even if he's a frag machine he needs to be able to produce pro results to make sure nobody is out alive. SUC also has Starrk and maybe they'll play him because he's probably a better defender depending on the state of mind he is in lol.

-Alpha-

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2015, 03:46:34 PM »
TDT vs $UC

Offensive defense vs Offensive defense; TDT is one of the top fragging teams in this season, DS will be able to handle this wide map considering an easy view of the flag, and being numero 1 at ddl. RoSKing will have to put up work in this week considering going against a very solid defender, boner. I agree with Water, the game will depend on how legion will play, will he go beast mode during the game? or will he play like a fat lady looking for her knees. SUC already has a great overall team, ralphis is notorious for his running, Boner being a mafia shooter, and starrk being an upcoming top defender.
TDT 1 - 1 - 1 SUC

CDC vs REG

So capo was booted, this will boost team morale, CDC will need the practice if they are considering winning this week, wazzup already has great fragging power to be considered a great offensive mid player, rude is another underrated player to forget, that he carries quite the skill to surprise even the best defenders when hearing their flag has been taken. Reck must surely be available to have a grasp on how to properly defend on this map. REG is another top fragging team in this season, water will be smart enough to play on this map as the runner, torvald/den will have to balance it out in the mid field to keep an open gap for water to return back home, jwar won't have a problem defending here as the clear view of the flag will be enough for him to push forward to CDC's flag.
REG 2 - 0

GPS vs SDC

GPS has Stab/Drag/Rick to have a proper balanced team for this week, they have alternative defenders, but I feel yorick will be best suited defending here, having dragon pressure on in the mid field and stab running for the flag. SDC has been having a rough early season, coming into week 3 with 0 points. Soul must have a lot practice with his team to consider a chance beating GPS. Soul does have the fragging power to defend here, Xen will have to be focused in the mid field letting no one in, cause then soul will rage on him and everything goes boom boom :( Avc has been the talk of week 2, when he surprised everyone his running talent, he played very well, but sadly lost the game. Avc must showcase his most superior mode this week, but be careful, avc does have some dirty black magic tricks up his sleeves, when you least expect it, he has already taken your flag and scored twice.
GPS 2 - 0 

ggs gl all

RoSKing

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2015, 12:30:20 PM »
TDT, The Dream Team, has a lot of haters mainly because they are associated with the Mentally [R] Clan.

I have yet to witness or experience any sort of hate from anyone, other than this statement. Makes me think there's some underlying personal issues going on.

[ZDC] vs [GPS]

Zakken don't care. Free win for GPS.

GPS 2-0

[CDC] vs [REG]

Rude, Wazzup, Reck, im1hpu0 vs Jwarrier, Water, Torvald, Denzoa

Grindy map, but the soulsphere throws it off. Obviously going to throw more strategic play in, which I think REG has the advantage of. When I look at CDC, I think brute force grindy team; When I look at REG, I think brute force grindy team that can be strategic. It could be close, but I'm convinced that REG has this.

REG 2-0

[SUC] vs [TDT]

Do you believe in dreams?

Ralphis

• 0 time WDL Champion
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2015, 12:40:56 PM »
I don't hate because of R, I hate DS. There will be no dreams for you ros, only nightmares