News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The New Look "Stardust Crusaders"  (Read 9886 times)

Ralphis

• 0 time WDL Champion
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
The New Look "Stardust Crusaders"
« on: July 22, 2015, 09:41:34 PM »
WHAT HAPPENED?

So, unfortunately, Zakken's unbecoming behavior as captain over the past week has put the league in a precarious position. It was clear that Zakken is not going to give any sort of meaningful effort from here on out, instead electing to dog it when the going got tough. With that said, the 5 captains and, perhaps most importantly, most of SDC (AVC was absent) decided that Zakken needed to go. He disrespected the league and, most importantly, the players on his team with his actions.

So Zakken is out of the league. We had to make quick decisions and here is what we came up with:

A) Xenaero is stepping up as captain. Thanks to him for doing that.
B) RustKing is going to be put onto the squad. Thanks to him for volunteering.

HOW WE CAME TO THE DECISION

I know that this is going to cause a lot of uproar but the 5 captains had a very long, heated debate about what to do here. There were three main suggestions and so, we used an alternative vote between the 5 captains to decide on how to deal with the issue. The three options were presented as follows:

1) Make Xen captain and make them draw an existing player from free agency
2) Allowing an outside player like Rust/KBlair/RottKing onto the team
3) The other 5 teams all elect one player for a lottery (All 5 teams would have to nominate one player who would then be entered into a 20% lottery to be moved to SDC)

The outcome, after the 5 captains ranked their preference of a solution, was 3 in favor of allowing a new player, 1 in favor of the lottery, and 1 in favor of drawing a new player out of free agency. Neither of the alternative ranks could've beaten the 3/5 in favor of allowing the new player and so that's how the story goes.

The prevailing argument in favor of adding a player of Rust's caliber to the team is simple: Zakken was considered an above average player. Zakken also gutted his own team by trading away Torvald, who is a bonafide starter. So, he traded away a strong starter and then quit on the team himself. A net loss of two guys. Rust helps fill a piece of the void left by the wreck that Zakken left.

THE FALLOUT

Nobody, especially me, wanted this to occur. There was no "perfect" outcome here - a lot of disagreement and legit debate over what to do. With that said, it's voted on and over now. This is the direction that we are taking.

The best thing would've been Zakken manning up and fulfilling the commitment he made to the league and his team instead of making lame forum posts and going bonkers on IRC, but that clearly wasn't working and his teammates were the ones suffering the most. This has been very disappointing, but the league will continue on just fine. Feel free to comment, criticize, and/or share any other thoughts here, but let's keep it civil.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 10:25:08 PM by Ralphis »

Dragon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: The New Look "Stardust Crusaders"
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 01:39:21 AM »
I think what you did was the best thing you could've done. While it sucks for the ones who actually signed up (FA) don't get to fill for it.. We're all aware that Ru5tKing will do a better job and will definitely even out SDC.
I didn't think Rust would be the one to fill but as long as he commits and fulfill, I'm all for this.

This is not the first time Zakken bails on a league however..

HumanBones

• Still a Dirty Fetus
  • Administrator
  • Posts too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 01:55:33 AM »
Thank you Rust for being yet another person that has to step in and clean up a mess Zakken made. I can make all the jokes I want about the guy, but in the end obviously you don't want a team or a player to have a shitty experience unless they continue to put themselves in those types of situations, and that is what Zakken did.

It is good that the captains recognized this also, and quickly voted in favor of trying to save the team. I think next season people like Water and myself will certainly think twice about not captaining.

Starrk

• Holocaust Denier
  • Veteran
  • #MLG #360noscope #rekt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 11:14:35 AM »
Way to go Ru5t and Ralphis, what could have been a very bad thing ended up working out anyway. As far as the player base, Ru5t was the best choice available to balance out the team. It couldn't have worked out better. 99% - couldn't give you 100% because you're a cholo and going bald and you're from Philly.

I fucks with Ru5t. Ru5t is my nigga tho. That nigga nice. I hope to god SDC turns around and goes real far.

On a more serious note, let this be a lesson to anyone who wants to fuck around like this; you're not irreplaceable and tomfoolery like this will not be tolerated.

Xenaero

• Hall of Famer
  • http://xen.unidoom.org/christmas.mp3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 01:06:07 PM »
the new lineup of SDC is looking good

Starrk

• Holocaust Denier
  • Veteran
  • #MLG #360noscope #rekt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 01:14:43 PM »
is ding dang Whoopie goldberg?

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
  • Welcome 2 Your Own Death
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 01:27:50 PM »
A respectful decision. I was not intending to quit, although I was probably going to play two or three times per week at best. There used to be other captains who didn't play much either, but I guess I made myself look a lot worse because while most people used to know me as one of the most active captains around, I decided to be vocal about my circumstances. :-\ Good on you guys for maintaining the high standards though. I guess long-term events like this one just aren't for me, really.

I traded Tor away because he was not comfortable with Xenaero's behavior, so I had no choice but to trade one of the two out for the sake of restoring my team's chemistry. No matter the outcome, I had to let go of at least one of my main people whom I got from my $15 draft, or else things would definitely not get any better from there. Not many captains were willing to make any trades that weren't lopsided, and Avc was the best option I could've gone for, given the few choices I had, so I went with that. Evidently, my team was still sub-par, given what happened in week 2, but I wasn't too frustrated by losing. Just ask any of my ex-teammates: not once did I outright lash out at them even though we got destroyed, but if you still wanna believe that I had intentions to tank on purpose, then go ahead. Sorry about my teammates, even though I genuinely don't believe anyone aside from Dingdang would've cared much either way.

Anyways, thanks a bunch for handling this situation without getting too excessive on drama.

Water

• Albino
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 05:16:36 PM »
Thanks to Rust stepping up to help the team out. SDC got a huge boost this week since he was a contender for a MB at map12.

RoSKing

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2015, 05:21:32 PM »
A respectful decision. I was not intending to quit, although I was probably going to play two or three times per week at best. There used to be other captains who didn't play much either, but I guess I made myself look a lot worse because while most people used to know me as one of the most active captains around, I decided to be vocal about my circumstances. :-\ Good on you guys for maintaining the high standards though. I guess long-term events like this one just aren't for me, really.

I traded Tor away because he was not comfortable with Xenaero's behavior, so I had no choice but to trade one of the two out for the sake of restoring my team's chemistry. No matter the outcome, I had to let go of at least one of my main people whom I got from my $15 draft, or else things would definitely not get any better from there. Not many captains were willing to make any trades that weren't lopsided, and Avc was the best option I could've gone for, given the few choices I had, so I went with that. Evidently, my team was still sub-par, given what happened in week 2, but I wasn't too frustrated by losing. Just ask any of my ex-teammates: not once did I outright lash out at them even though we got destroyed, but if you still wanna believe that I had intentions to tank on purpose, then go ahead. Sorry about my teammates, even though I genuinely don't believe anyone aside from Dingdang would've cared much either way.

Anyways, thanks a bunch for handling this situation without getting too excessive on drama.

Actually hearing quite the opposite from your team mates, but it's not unlike you to write paragraphs trying to justify your actions(I honestly think it's some sort of defense mechanism); Seriously, just quit while you're ahead. You're only making yourself look even more like a self righteous douche bag with each post. You gave this whole spiel about "being inactive" long ago on Zandronum forums, and you never followed through with it until now. Everyone has had their bad seasons and this whole time you have been playing this victim mentality that everyone sees, and yet you still try to justify it. You try to act like your circumstances are completely out of your control; But point is that you've been proven this whole season to show any drive with your own decisions and again playing victim behind them. Get the fuck over it, it's just a game. I've had my teams go to shit in the past, but I've still stuck with the season and other people have to. "My team isn't going to win a single game and no one cares". Quit crying, I've never seen anyone in this league cry as much as capo did to get back in this league; But you take the fucking cake.

HumanBones

• Still a Dirty Fetus
  • Administrator
  • Posts too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2015, 05:37:37 PM »
For the entire offseason this guy was trying to hype up this season and get everyone involved and basically annoyed the shit out of a lot of people to get them to sign up - I'm in no way saying these are bad things to do. HOWEVER

Suddenly now it's "oh I was briefly motivated and I really quit doom 3 months ago and these leagues aren't for me"; what a crock of shit. This guy did the same thing in the IDL not too long ago, where the only way I found out he quit was when Fluffles found him hiding on Skype. He didn't even have the balls to tell me he quit himself. Get this guy out of here before he ruins another team.

RoSKing

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2015, 05:51:17 PM »
zzz
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 09:53:42 PM by RoSKing »

Rude

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2015, 07:40:37 PM »
Yo Zakken good luck my dude.  I know you guys had a rough season start.  Reminds me of my season 1; you only spent 15$ in the draft and then getting poor results.  After week 2 I was feelin like it was ggs for sure from there on out, thought we wouldnt win a game.  Its all about how you lookin at the game though really, and this goes for everyone: Im in this game to have fun and get some good games of doom CTF in- if you in it for anything else you gonna encounter problems..  If you in it for the fame or fortune watch out cuz grim reaper be hot on your tail.  Anyways- its a shame that you went out like this, this was all unnecessary.  Like I said I feel you but I dont agree with your throwin in the towel on your team.  You prob could have just kept quiet and just showed up at games and no one would have said anything. Anyways, gotta lose with honor to be great my dude, gl man ggs.. 

Was the money good ? Was them bitches bad? Was they fuckin good ? Did your hood show you love ? Did the hoes say you fly ? If you homies say you loyal throw you rolies in the sky for the trillest..

Ralphis

• 0 time WDL Champion
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2015, 01:30:48 PM »
Zakken will receive a minimum 10 season ban, to be re-evaluated after the term has passed.

Wazzup

• Veteran
  • I just ate something sour.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2015, 02:24:53 PM »