News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Week 4 - MAP17 THIRTY4-17 (JUL 27 - AUG 2) Discussion  (Read 12228 times)

Jwarrier

• Posts too much
  • REG
    • View Profile
Week 4 - MAP17 THIRTY4-17 (JUL 27 - AUG 2) Discussion
« on: July 25, 2015, 02:00:26 PM »
Week 4 - MAP17 THIRTY4-17
Jul 27 - Aug 2

(11 pts) Super Chargers [SUC] vs [REG] Regulators (7 pts)
Ralphis, HumanBones, Starrk, Dranzer vs Jwarrier, Water, Torvald, Denzoa

(5 pts) The Dream Team [TDT] vs [SDC] Stardust Crusaders (0 pts)
DemonSphere, RoSKing, Legion, Climhazzard vs Xenaero, Ru5tK1ng, Infante, Dingdang

(5 pts) Capo Don't Care [CDC] vs [GPS] Giant Pea Shooters (8 pts)
Rude, Wazzup, Reckless, im1hpu0 vs Alt_Stab, Yorick, Dragon, Nevanos
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 02:19:04 PM by Jwarrier »

Xenaero

• Hall of Famer
  • http://xen.unidoom.org/christmas.mp3
    • View Profile
Re: Week 4 - MAP17 THIRTY4-17 (JUL 27 - AUG 2) Discussion
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 02:01:22 PM »

Wazzup

• Veteran
  • I just ate something sour.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 02:22:23 PM »

Jwarrier

• Posts too much
  • REG
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 02:26:50 PM »
[SUC] vs [REG]
The streak ends here.

[TDT] vs [SDC]
Would love to see SDC pull together and get a win this week, mostly because I don't want to be the victim in week 5.  I think with Map17 a lot of unexpected events can happen, and because of this I will call this our upset special of the week with SDC winning in 3.  2-1 SDC.

[CDC] vs [GPS]
Will Reck show up in time this week?  I think so and I think he brings it.  Love my bow Alt_Stab but this map has the potential to be destructive to team chemistry due to frustrating positions and irregular tactics once the flag has left the base.  I think this match up goes 3 rounds too and CDC claims a victory.  2-1 CDC.

Alt_Stab

• WDL Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 01:07:25 PM »
Map 17. Okay who plays Water... SUC? Interesting. I would normally give 17 to Water's team blindly but SUC has been a force so far. However, they did show they are vulnerable last week, and Jwarrier has the Water/Torvald combo working for him so I'm going to have to pick REG to win this, and I think they do it in 2.

SDC against TDT, you'd have to be crazy to pick SDC if you were throwing real money down, so TDT is the obvious pick. However, if Rust, Xen, AVC/DingDang get some practice in and all show up ready to go, it's entirely possible they make this interesting. In case you hadn't already seen what Infante's ping can do on Odamex, here's just one reason SDC could be a handful:
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQJKGiiQBew
Have fun with that. On the other hand, DS will likely be playing his usual lock-down D, and Rosking plays really well on that map too. Also seems like a map Legion would excel on. Anyway, I'm obviously going with TDT 2-0.

-Alpha-

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2015, 03:24:07 PM »
TDT vs SDC

TDT has the frag power here, DS will be able to lock down on this map since he is both deadly on ssg and sg. I thinnk RoSKing will be more useful on o here and Legion on offensive mid. So with the new roster change in SDC, I think Ru5tK1ng will be better at a cycle of offensive and defensive mid, but he'll know when to change and adapt to the current situation. Xen would be better at running, I don't think avc is at the level of 1 on 1 with DS. Avc would have to just sit on d, he does frag when he wants, from what I seen on zan.

TDT 2 - 0 ; 2 rounds

CDC vs GPS

CDC is another fraggy team vs GPS another fraggy team! Wazzup will be set at D locking down the flag from any comers, Rude will be fine running here and having Reck support him with an offensive mid. GPS, I think Yorick will be useful at D here since he does in fact frag the shit out of anyone, Dragon should play offensive mid here as well while having Stab run for the flag. This will be a close game for both ends.

CDC 2 - 1 ; 3 rounds

SUC vs REG

The main event of the week, will SUC continue to lead the leader board? Or will REG end the streak here? This is a must watch game, both teams are well rounded in all criteria. SUC has two great defenders Boner and Starrk, and a great runner Ralphis. REG also has two great defenders Water and JWar, a great mid fielder torv/den and water a great runner as well. I think the game will be in the hands of Starrk and Tor/Den, will they be able to handle down the pressure from these teams??

REG 2 - 1 ; 3 rounds

@ all games, prove me wrong

Ralphis

• 0 time WDL Champion
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 10:48:07 AM »
GPS vs CDC
Gut feeling, but GPS likely takes this. CDC had a chance to be a top tier powerhouse, but the uncertainty of their third position for them is causing them issues. Meanwhile, GPS is stacked with four arguable starters.
2-1 GPS

TDT vs SDC
Likely a TDT win, but I am pulling for SDC to at least win a round here. I'm pulling even harder in hopes that their team actually makes it onto the server this week. Maybe an upset but I would think DS is going to practice his squad big time for this one and pull out the win. They certainly have the talent to go on a run.
TDT 2-1

[SUC] vs [REG]
The streak ends here.

...so I'm going to have to pick REG to win this, and I think they do it in 2.

REG 2 - 1 ; 3 rounds

Torvald

• Veteran
  • RK_N0va
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2015, 12:10:59 PM »
[TDT] vs [SDC]

With Xen captaining for SDC now I think there's going to be some new team dynamics that will give SDC the well needed strength they've sought after. Against a team like TDT, they will certainly need to bring their A-Game on the night, and for this reason I will go against the grain and give my money to SDC. Even though TDT has displayed their presence in fragging power, I want give the underdog team the benefit of the doubt and show that they are not to be trifled with. I would like to see Xen prevail through captaining his team and bringing everything together, thus turning SDC into a powerful force.
Final score: [SDC] 2-1 [TDT]

[CDC] vs. [GPS]

Such an interesting matchup. With CDC, you have Rude, Wazzap, and Reckless fighting against GPS's Alt_stab, Dragon, and past seasons WDL winner - Yorick. Both teams are undeniably solid and respectable in their own rights, but alas, I lean in favor towards two of my favorite players: Alt_stab and Yorick. I see Alt_stab as a determined individual with what I can only describe as unbreakable will, along with Dragon who has proven many times how violent he can be in the arena. And finally bringing it all together is the silent killer - from the future -  with no past; ONE MAN on a mission TO WIN, Yorick.  Of course CDC will not go down so easily without a fight, as Rude & Wazzup are by no means lightweight. They've shown repeatedly what a deadly force they can be under the same team, and with Reckless now signed as their third, I can see there being a strong tug-o-war throughout the game. This is certainly going to make for an interesting match and I hope everyone has their beers nice and chilled, ready for the event.
Final score: [GPS] 2-1 [CDC]

[SUC] vs. [REG]

Do I dare predict my own game? Absolutely.

Final score: [REG] 3-0 [SUC]

Edit: Labeled wrong captain from SDC, my bad.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 03:46:46 PM by Torvald »

HumanBones

• Still a Dirty Fetus
  • Administrator
  • Posts too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2015, 01:10:40 PM »
[SUC] vs [REG]
The streak ends here.

REG 2 - 1 ; 3 rounds

Starrk

• Holocaust Denier
  • Veteran
  • #MLG #360noscope #rekt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2015, 01:15:40 PM »
[SUC] vs [REG]
The streak ends here.

REG 2 - 1 ; 3 rounds

Xenaero

• Hall of Famer
  • http://xen.unidoom.org/christmas.mp3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2015, 02:53:37 PM »
With Rust captaining for SDC now

Damn I didn't know rust took after hatred

deja vu

Water

• Albino
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2015, 03:02:31 PM »

Dranzer

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2015, 03:10:44 PM »
[SUC] vs [REG]
The streak ends here.

REG 2 - 1 ; 3 rounds

RoSKing

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2015, 12:06:45 PM »
[SUC] vs [REG]
Ralphis, HumanBones, Starrk, Dranzer vs Jwarrier, Water, Torvald, Denzoa

This is definitely going to be game of the week, I think it will really come down to which team has the better defense here; Given that the runners remain the same as they have been all season. I'm thinking that Humanbones and Starrk are a better defensive combo than Jwarrier and Torvald/Denzoa. But given the right amount of practice to solidify the defense, REG could easily have this in the bag. I'm leaning towards SUC when I think about the defense factor, but I think that there is more synergy with REG. I'm going with REG.

2-1 [REG]

[CDC] vs [GPS]
Rude, Wazzup, Reckless, im1hpu0 vs Alt_Stab, Yorick, Dragon, Nevanos

My statement from last week kind of applies here, this is another tricky map that requires a lot of strategy; I don't know if CDC has the kind of synergy and strategic play to be able to pull this off, however they did give REG a run for their money last week. GPS has been strong through out the whole season and I don't think it's come down to brute forcing rather than finding a solid strategy being consistent with it. CDC has a lot of promise, but I don't see any of them really playing with each other as much as I do with GPS. I'm giving it to GPS due to plenty of practice and the synergy that has developed through it.

2-0 [GPS]

[TDT] vs [SDC]

2-0 [TDT] ez pls

Water

• Albino
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2015, 02:43:15 PM »
The stats are now fixed. Sorry about the delay. TDT is 2nd place