News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Week 5 - ZDCTF02 Refineries (AUG 3 - AUG 9) Discussion  (Read 7527 times)

Jwarrier

• Posts too much
  • REG
    • View Profile
Week 5 - ZDCTF02 Refineries (AUG 3 - AUG 9) Discussion
« on: August 03, 2015, 05:11:36 AM »
Week 5 - ZDCTF02 - Refineries
Aug 3 - Aug 9

(11 pts) Super Chargers [SUC] vs [CDC] Capo Dont Care (5 pts)
Ralphis, HumanBones, Starrk, Dranzer vs Rude, Wazzup, Reckless, im1hpu0

(9 pts) The Dream Team [TDT] vs [GPS] Giant Pea Shooters (12 pts)
DemonSphere, RoSKing, Legion, Climhazzard vs Alt_Stab, Yorick, Dragon, Nevanos

(11 pts) Regulators [REG] vs [SDC] Stardust Crusaders (0 pts)
Jwarrier, Water, Torvald, Denzoa vs Xenaero, Ru5tK1ng, Infante, Dingdang

Ralphis

• 0 time WDL Champion
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
Re: Week 5 - ZDCTF02 Refineries (AUG 3 - AUG 9) Discussion
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 09:40:15 AM »
TDT vs. GPS
Game of the week. Could make the difference between a 1/2 seed or a 3/4 seed for either team, but especially GPS (who can slide from first down to fourth). I think TDT will put on a strong performance this week and head into the playoffs with a winning record, joining the rest of the teams in such a position. TDT over GPS 2-1

REG vs. SDC
I think we'd all like to see SDC win a round here. REG 2-0  :psyboom

SUC vs. CDC
 :vince2

Water

• Albino
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 12:09:26 PM »
TDT vs. GPS
This is the game I will definitely be watching. TDT should be doing better than they are, but I guess team chemistry isn't working out. If DS stays on D and Legion does mid, then GPS will be busting their balls trying to not die. Dragon should be used to his apartment or wherever he moved to by then, so I expect a full line up. I think no one on either team wants to play this map, so it will be who has the better endurance. I predict 1-1-1, unless Legion takes my advice. After all, I do have a masterbowl and have won every WDL championship... so you better listen!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUC vs. CDC
I was pretty disappointed with the terrible performance CDC gave last week. I guess they just do not give a damn anymore. I don't blame Rude, he was forced to cap due to the circumstances. I'll be around to cap next season anyways so this won't happen. If CDC does the same lackluster thing that they did this week, SUC will 2-0 this in possibly record time. Rude does like this map so maybe that'll get him to practice more and then CDC won't end with a whimper... though I predict SUC 2-0.

REG vs. SDC
SDC 2-0

:psyboom

Xenaero

• Hall of Famer
  • http://xen.unidoom.org/christmas.mp3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 01:01:03 PM »

Jwarrier

• Posts too much
  • REG
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 04:16:05 PM »
TDT vs. GPS
GPS has first place and chooses it's own destiny this week.  Winning in 2 guarantees #1 overall, anything else is #3/4 (if I am correct on reading tie breaker rules and IF SUC and REG win).  Unfortunately for them this week is TDT.  TDT has lost twice this season, against both SUC and REG and both of those teams had to go 3 rounds to win, I don't expect that to change considering how tough TDT can be.  GPS is a team that has 4 solid players and any lineup they go with has a  tendency for victory, while TDT depends on which version of Legion shows up.  I think this is going to be a great match-up but as much as I want to root for GPS I see TDT a winner this week.  2-1 TDT.

SUC vs. CDC
SUC is fuming.  Starrk is angry.  Hulk is smashing.  This is bad news for a recently eliminated CDC and week 5 is going to be a harsh farewell with a very quick shut out.  2-0 SUC.

REG vs. SDC
Aiming for #1!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 04:50:41 PM by Jwarrier »

Jwarrier

• Posts too much
  • REG
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 04:19:31 PM »
 :psycash
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 04:50:51 PM by Jwarrier »

HumanBones

• Still a Dirty Fetus
  • Administrator
  • Posts too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 04:34:24 PM »

-Alpha-

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 05:05:49 PM »
AH this map brings joy to my eyes. I remember when I would be priving on zd with alt/starrk/ds/strangle and they would never allow me to pick the map, because I would pick maps like this beauty. I hope you all lose :D

TDT vs GPS <MAIN EVENT OF THE WEEK>

TDT has shown to be a powerhouse to be feared but with a small problem in communication (9pts). GPS has clearly shown to be a top team throughout the entire season, props on Alt's captaincy! This map REQUIRES COMMUNICATION TO THE MAX. If either team doesn't communicate at any moment throughout the game, it will be game over, unless clutch plays. Could Alt's captaincy overthrow TDT's brute force? Or will TDT's brute force be too much for GPS to handle? I will have to play my cards on both team's mid player, if one slips, the game will be hard to recover.

TDT 2 - 1

SUC vs CDC

SUC has had a successful run at being #1 on the charts until they hit a hard wall (REG) and lost the lead. CDC has been playing off key because of the whole capo thing, imo. CDC had the talent of making it to playoffs, but I guess not this season, much sad! This match up will be on the hands of the mid players !! Starrk must shine to bring the SUC glory. But I think it would be better to have BoneR at mid on this map, his IDL doom skills will be needed for an "ez gg" game. For CDC, they will just have to play it safe and hope to have a win here and make SUC have a 3 - 2 score for the season :P

SUC 2 - 0 (Unclear if CDC will play their best, unsure for their 3rd player as well)

REG vs SDC

REG has been having an ok season, but surely are not to be mistaken for being a weak team, when they consist of two of the strongest fraggers in the wdl! REG already made it to the playoffs, so it wouldn't matter if they won or lost here, besides the seedings placement. SDC was clearly thrown down the drain, and got spat on by every team here (winning wise). Soul's unpromising captaincy has lead the team in distress and ended of being booted from the playoffs, much sad. I would really to see SDC win a game with Ru5tk1ng taking over, but will SDC have a 3rd??? or will they have yet another dismissed game of inactive team players?

REG 2 - 0