News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Week 1 - MAP04 ZDCTF04 [JAN 18 - JAN 24] Discussion  (Read 6234 times)

-Alpha-

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
Week 1 - MAP04 ZDCTF04 [JAN 18 - JAN 24] Discussion
« on: January 17, 2016, 10:28:35 AM »
Week 1 - MAP04 ZDCTF04
Jan 18 - Jan 24

(0 pts) The Regulators [REG] vs [OVS] OverratedScumWads (0 pts)
Jwarrier, Legion, Caution, Goblin vs Alpha, TurSKA, Xenaero, PerroNDoN

(0 pts) Sexual Panthers [SXP] vs [GPS] Giant Pea Shooters (0 pts)
HumanBones, Rude, Torvald, Dranzer vs Alt_Stab, DevastatioN, Heks, Merks

(0 pts) Doom Enforcement Agency [DEA] vs [SUC] Super Chargers (0 pts)
DemonSphere, Denzoa, Wazzup, Starrk vs Ralphis, KBlair, DeathTrap, Climhazzard
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 10:13:56 AM by -Alpha- »

Jwarrier

• Posts too much
  • REG
    • View Profile
Re: Week 1 - MAP04 ZDCTF04 [JAN 18 - JAN 24] Discussion
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 10:36:02 AM »
REG vs OVS
 :doomgod

SXP vs GPS
I love Alt_Stab but I think this will be a 3 round victory for SXP with a heroic save from Dev to force it to 3 rounds.  SXP 2-1.

DEA vs SUC
Played a little with SUC last night and I think Ralphis has KBlair setup for some great defense.  DS's team is pretty dangerous though.  I'm going to go with a 3 round draw.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 02:47:20 PM by Jwarrier »

Ralphis

• 0 time WDL Champion
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 04:33:02 PM »
REG vs OVS
Had the pleasure of practicing against REG and I think that Alpha is going to have a rough introduction to being a captain this week. TurSKA and Xenaero are both monsters on their respective ends of the flag but it looks like Jwarrier is going to have the world champion Regulators rolling in week 1. I would love for OVS to prove me wrong. REG 2-0

SXP vs GPS
Two great teams stacked in different ways. I expect SXP to be the more "offensive" squad of the two but this map won't truly allow them to open up that offense yet. Dev is a huge piece of the puzzle, but not enough to put GPS over in week 1.  SXP 2-1

DEA vs SUC
 :psycash :psycash :psycash

Rude

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 07:28:46 AM »
REG vs OVS
CAN THE RETURNING CHAMPIONS REG KEEP THE ROOKIE CAPTAIN FROM STEALING WEEK 1 FROM UNDER THEIR NOSE?? THE UNDERRATED ALPHA LEADS HIS SQUAD CONSISTING OF FINNISH LEGEND AND GUY THAT WORKS AT WALMART. OVS IS GOING TO HAVE TO PRACTICE AND BECOME AN OVS OF ONE IF THEY WANT THIS WIN.   REG 2-0-1

DEA vs SUC
6 TOTAL NOOBS TAKE THE FIELD IN THIS MATCHUP. UNIDOOM VS DUELPROS. IDK WHATS GONNA HAPPEN IN THIS GAME PROBABLY GONNA BE REALLY TIGHT. I EXPECT KBLAIR AND DS TO DEFEND THE SHIT OUT THE FLAG. ITS GONNA BE CLOSE AND LOW SCORING. JUST GONNA SAY A DRAW SRY GUYS LOVEYUE  1-1-1

Alt_Stab

• WDL Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 10:53:04 AM »
DEA vs SUC

I watched some SUC practice on Saturday and I thought they made a lot of progress in just the one session, to the point where they are looking very competitive on 04 with KBlair racking up the body count. I don't think the offense is up to speed yet, which is why early in the week, I'd lean towards DEA who seem to be clicking on 04 from what I saw of them last night. The question with DEA is going to be who will run. If Demonsphere decides to go D or mid, I expect Starrk to run. We know he has confidence, but will he produce?

DEA 2-1

REG vs OVS

There's not much to say about OVS yet, except that I didn't see them practice all weekend, and we know what usually happens to teams that don't practice. They have talent on their roster, but no team is too good for practice, especially when faced with the perceived powerhouse that is REG. REG is just the opposite, practicing the most out of anyone this weekend, even with their talented roster. They're looking pretty good. So, given the circumstances, I don't think you can arrive at any other conclusion than:

REG 2-0
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 10:55:04 AM by Alt_Stab »

Starrk

• Holocaust Denier
  • Veteran
  • #MLG #360noscope #rekt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 02:56:42 PM »
DEA vs. SUC

RALFALFA WE COMIN TO PUT THAT CHROME TO YA DOME SON.

REG vs. OVS

Jewels aka Jwar is going to have his team finely tuned by the time the game rolls around. This will be a good test of Alpha's capability as a captain, as he has to lead two veteran players to a championship title. As long as he can maintain control of his team, OVS has the potential to do pretty decent this season. In every sense of it, this team's success is highly dependent on Alphag. REG 2-0

SXP vs. GPS

Stab's team lacks a strong mid which could be a cause for concern against a team like Bones'.  Dev is a beast and I'm sure could solo D on 04 with no problem, but will there be enough help for the runner? With Rude providing the O and Bones mid and Tor or Dranzer D, they are looking extremely solid and well rounded. SXP 2-0

-Alpha-

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 03:02:05 PM »
REG vs OVS
 :psyboom :psypop

SXP vs GPS
I had the chance to help practice both teams, and I believe they're on the same level. Both were rusty, who's to blame, it's only week 1. But both teams won't disappoint when the time comes. HumanBones + Torvald is a nice stable wall to run against, Rude is just great with his jukes, he got me good. Alt_Stab + DevastatioN has a really strong mid posture, Dev is still a machine despite not being around much and only just practicing a few games. It's gonna be a good match to watch especially at mid, Dev will have to be put there to stop any runners from coming into base and just push on.

SXP 2 - 0 - 1

DEA vs SUC
DS vs Ralphis, game of the week. DS has a really strong defense but Ralphis has a really strong offense, what happens when two greats collide? Absolute chaos. DS + Wazzup is just really strong to run against, but, Ralphis unleashed KBlair's true power, a great wall. In order to win this week, DS's O must be ready to run against a wall, and Ralphis' mid to be ready in aid having mid cleared out for the score.

1 - 1 - 1 Tough matchup but gotta give it a tie

Ralphis

• 0 time WDL Champion
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2016, 07:53:52 AM »
DEA vs. SUC

RALFALFA WE COMIN TO PUT THAT CHROME TO YA DOME SON.

:rock2

Starrk

• Holocaust Denier
  • Veteran
  • #MLG #360noscope #rekt
    • View Profile