News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Week 2 - MAP21 VELOCTF31 [JAN 25- JAN 31] Discussion  (Read 6093 times)

Tony

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Week 2 - MAP21 VELOCTF31 [JAN 25- JAN 31] Discussion
« on: January 23, 2016, 08:52:02 AM »
Week 2 -  MAP21 VELOCTF31
Jan 25- Jan 31

(0 pts) OverratedScumWads [OVS] vs [GPS] Giant Pea Shooters (1 pts)
Alpha, TurSKA, Xenaero, PerroNDoN vs. Alt_Stab, DevastatioN, Heks, DingDang

(1 pts) Doom Enforcement Agency [DEA] vs [REG] The Regulators (4 pts)
DemonSphere, Denzoa, Wazzup, Starrk vs. Jwarrier, Legion, Caution, Goblin

(3 pts) Super Chargers [SUC] vs [SXP] Sexual Panthers (3 pts)
Ralphis, KBlair, DeathTrap, Climhazzard vs. HumanBones, Rude, Torvald, Dranzer
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 09:00:04 AM by Tony »

Rude

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
Re: Week 2 - MAP21 VELOCTF31 [JAN 25- JAN 31] Discussion
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 09:15:56 AM »
People probably are not looking forward to this map which other people need to know to take advantage of other people.

Though OVS lost 2-0 to REG week 1 I think they showed their potential.  They had chances to score, hopefully they can get some good practice on this (bad) map.  Im not sure if they will be able to take any points from GPS though- I expect this game to be high scoring, gonna say GPS 2-0-1

If DEA can defend well here I think they stand a chance.  X-Ray on offence will be tough to stop though.  I can see DS/d and Wazzup/o working for DEA.  REG is still looking sharp off of week 1, its gonna be close gonna call it a draw!!!! 1-1-1

-Alpha-

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 05:48:32 PM »
DEA vs REG
This is going to be a tough match up between DS and Jwarrier. Both are legendary on the D they will be able to stop from any runner from touching the flag. Jwarrier is gonna have the two O again on this map, Legion can frag spawn while Caution goes for the flag. DEA needs some more chemistry in their team play and focus overall.
REG 2 - 0 - 1

SUC vs SXP
Ralphis vs HumanBoneR, what a game it will be. I am wondering if Ralphis will D again from week 1 and have KBlair and Tony run. But I would like to see Ralphis run on this map, because I feel it's more of his type of map to run on great. SXP does have the smarts and frag power as well, so it will be a great match to watch.
1 - 1 - 1 Tie tho

Jwarrier

• Posts too much
  • REG
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 08:01:27 PM »
Map21 will leave no team completely happy with their performance.  It is a chaotic map with positional breakdown opportunities everywhere.  It will take coordination, will power, and probably a little luck to win though I will not be surprised to see a team blown out in an extremely quick annihilation.   Because of these reasons I feel the more experienced captain will be the deciding factor in this match-up.  GPS 2-0

:doomgod

Ralphis vs HumanBones.
:rock4
This will be entertaining.
SUC 2-1

Ralphis

• 0 time WDL Champion
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 10:16:22 AM »
After having some time to practice this map, I expect two round decisive victories across the board this week. I also expect a big "upset" here as I think that, if OVS puts their players in more natural positions than week 1, they will beat a GPS who has one stellar defender and an offense which struggled to get going last week. For all teams, correct positioning is going to determine the outcome  OVS 2-0

Possibly the game of the week. Both teams match up very well against each other so positioning will make a difference. With very little seasonal data to operate on, I'm going to go with the gut and say that DEA takes a victory here and ends REG's seven-game winning streak which, coincidentally, began week 2 of last season against DemonSphere's Dream Team. DEA 2-0

:psycash  It's time.  :psycash
:vincemoney :vince4 :vince5 :vince4 :vincemoney

Alt_Stab

• WDL Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 10:55:00 AM »
DEA vs REG
I'm looking forward to this one. On the one side you have DS, who after losing week 1 may look to anchor his team's defense here, which will create some tough sledding for Legion and Goblin. But this map also plays into Jwarrier's hands as he has a knack for quickly "figuring out" maps and finding winning strategies on maps that nobody likes. I think this will be close, but if I had to pick a winner right now I'd go with DEA in a three round win. However, I wouldn't even be slightly surprised to see it go the other way. This should be a great game.
DEA2-1

SUC vs SXP
Supposedly this week's matchup to watch, I think this is going to end up being a bit of a shocker to some. After a great week 1 effort, I think SUC is going to falter here, as Rude, Tor, and Bones will keep the pressure turned up full blast, and I think will have enough frag power to force their will on SUC.
SXP 2-0

Wazzup

• Veteran
  • I just ate something sour.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 08:11:45 AM »
(0 pts) OverratedScumWads [OVS] vs [GPS] Giant Pea Shooters (1 pts) Alpha, TurSKA, Xenaero, PerroNDoN vs. Alt_Stab, DevastatioN, Heks, DingDang
GPS has a good shot of winning this. Especially with DingDang really showing how much he's improved. However Alpha was practicing earlier this week with me and DS and he has also shown improvement as well. I never see TurSKA or Xenaero play when I'm playing. I'm assuming that GPS could take this or tie it up. (1-1-1)

(1 pts) Doom Enforcement Agency [DEA] vs [REG] The Regulators (4 pts) DemonSphere, Denzoa, Wazzup, Starrk vs. Jwarrier, Legion, Caution, Goblin

(3 pts) Super Chargers [SUC] vs [SXP] Sexual Panthers (3 pts) Ralphis, KBlair, DeathTrap, Climhazzard vs. HumanBones, Rude, Torvald, Dranzer
Ralphis vs Bones, classic. I'd say Ralph's team will win because of the team's chemistry is a dangerous combination that will take the team to the finals. I'd say the team chemistry for SXP is not as good as SUC's but I see there's a possibility that Bones could win if they bring the fragging power and push up to score without sacrificing their defense. (2-0) SUC

Xenaero

• Hall of Famer
  • http://xen.unidoom.org/christmas.mp3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 08:51:49 AM »
Maybe gonna break that 12 round loss streak this week

Maybe gonna put bullets in my revolver