News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Week 4 - MAP18 CORECTF24 [Feb 8 - Feb 14] Discussion  (Read 5292 times)

Tony

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Week 4 - MAP18 CORECTF24 [Feb 8 - Feb 14] Discussion
« on: February 07, 2016, 05:40:17 PM »
Week 4 -  MAP18 CORECTF24
Feb 8 - Feb 14

(1 pts) OverratedScumWads [OVS] vs [SXP] Sexual Panthers(10 pts)
Alpha, TurSKA, Xenaero, PerroNDoN vs. HumanBones, Rude, Torvald, Dranzer

(8 pts) Super Chargers [SUC] vs [REG] The Regulators (8 pts)
Ralphis, KBlair, Climhazzard, IdeDoom vs. Jwarrier, Legion, Caution, Goblin

(5 pts) Doom Enforcement Agency [DEA] vs [GPS] Giant Pea Shoters(4 pts)
DemonSphere, Denzoa, Wazzup, Starrk vs. Alt_Stab, DevastatioN, Heks, DingDang

turSKA

• Journeyman
  • do you even doom bro
    • View Profile
Re: Week 4 - MAP18 CORECTF24 [Feb 8 - Feb 14] Discussion
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 03:58:32 AM »
OVS vs SXP 2:0  :psyboom

SUC vs REG 2:1
REG has more firepower but this weeks map being quite huge and less grindy, gives a slight advantage to SUC and Ralphis's shenanigans. I expect Ralphis to juke the shit out of REG's defence and carry his team to victory.

DEA vs GPS 1:2
I think this is the hardest game to call this week. Alt_Stab's GPS is coming off a 0-10 blowout loss last week and will want to make up for it. DS will fight tooth and nail to keep GPS off his flag but will eventually crumble.

Rude

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 07:31:06 AM »
SUC V REG
BOTH TEAMS HAVE 8. BOTH TEAMS NEED THE WIN. BOTH TEAMS WANT THE WIN. BOTH TEAMS NOOB. 1-1-1

DEA V GPS
GPS needs this win for a playoff birth. Dev should O with Stab or hex. And then throw someone on mid/d. I think they really need to focus on heavy offense here bc they will not stop wazzup from getting out with their flag. I think it will be close but gonna give it to DEA 2-1

Alt_Stab

• WDL Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 09:16:20 AM »
OVSvsSXP
From what I saw in practice yesterday, this map plays a lot like last week's map, and that probably means bad things for OVS (and probably GPS too :psyboom). SXP was looking solid if not great on this one in practice, but I fully expect them to be firing on all cylinders by gametime. Unless OVS can pull a rabbit outta their hat I don't see much hope for them in this matchup.
SXP 2-0

REGvsSUC

REG is looking really strong on 18 so far in practice, and they showed last week how good they are at map control on this style of map so I would expect they're going to be an extremely tough matchup. However, the one thing SUC consistently does is find unconventional ways to play seemingly straightforward maps, and they did that again last week to great effect. I think this will hinge on Ralphis's offense vs. Jwar's D. If Ralphis can get in and out quickly, or get in and kill the D and have time to mess around until his guys get to mid, this could go their way.
REG 2-1

Ralphis

• 0 time WDL Champion
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 08:25:58 PM »
SUC V REG
 :psycash :psycash :psycash

DEA V GPS
Who are DEA? Are they a contender or a pretender? They competed to a 3 round loss in week 1, blew out the Regulators in week 2, and had a close loss in week 3. Which DEA shows up this week? I predict that, in this almost-a-playoff-game scenario, week 2 DEA will appear to defeat the also struggling GPS in two rounds this week. DEA will win out the rest of their schedule. I hope that GPS surprises me. 2-0 DEA

OVS V SXP
First place against worst place. This is a tall order for OVS and I sincerely would go bonkers if they pulled off a win here. I'm rooting for OVS but SXP is putting up some historically great numbers right now. 2-0 SXP