News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Week 1 - MAP31 THIRTY4-31 [JUN 13 - JUN 19] Discussion  (Read 5122 times)

-Alpha-

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
Week 1 - MAP31 THIRTY4-31 [JUN 13 - JUN 19] Discussion
« on: June 10, 2016, 07:06:32 PM »
Week 1 - MAP31 THIRTY4-31
Jun 13 - Jun 19

(0 pts) The Dream Team [TDT] vs [Wum] Wumbologists (0 pts)
DemonSphere, DingDang, Alpha, TurSKA vs Water, KBlair, Vondoom_Mcdoom, Jwarrier

(0 pts) Best Ever [BST] vs [SUC] Super Chargers (0 pts)
RoSKing, Starrk, FSN, Hopes vs Ralphis, Caution, Tony, Bwidger

(0 pts) Giant Pea Shooters [GPS] vs [SXP] Sexual Panthers (0 pts)
Alt_Stab, Torvald, Dranzer, AVC vs HumanBones, Rude, Xenaero, Stipsi
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 08:34:14 PM by -Alpha- »

Jwarrier

• Posts too much
  • REG
    • View Profile
Re: Week 1 - MAP31 THIRTY4-31 [JUN 13 - JUN 19] Discussion
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 08:11:24 AM »
Team DS vs Team Water

:vince5

Team RoSKing vs Team Ralphis

So I just played a bunch of priv games with FSN last night and man was he a steal in the draft.  His skill translates fluidly to odamex as if he needs no time to adjust.  Welcome to the WDL FSN!
With that being said down to the prediction.  My head leans towards a 2-1 victory for Ros due to frag power and speed in a well rounded versatile team.  My heart tells me Ralphis due to synergy and aggression. I have to lean towards RoS due to the FSN/Starrk vs Caution/Tony matchup.  I just think that the support will be more efficient with RoSKing's team. 
2-1 Team RoSKing.

Team Alt_Stab vs Team HumanBones

On paper this looks like a rough game 1 for Team Alt_Stab.  Stab and I have already seen personally what HB can do on defense on 31 as his Rampage video in the WDL season 1-3 highlight is our bodies dying.  What I am looking at here is role players in Rude and Xen.  Both of these players are very good at map31 and when they played it in season 2 they swapped through every position with great effect.  I think HumanBones's team will be a wall here  and for Alt_Stab to have a chance at pulling a victory there will need to be a shutdown defender AND a relentless aggressive assault. 
2-0 Team HumanBones.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 08:13:47 AM by Jwarrier »

RoSKing

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 08:16:16 PM »
Team DS (Turska, Dingdang, Alpha) vs Team Water (Kblair, Jwarrier, Vondoom Mcdoom)

Although I don't think DS had the best picks in mind, I think that he is a prominent enough player and leader to make his team successful. Dingdang has seemed to improved in priv from my initial perspective of him, so I think that DS's odds are greater when considering his synergy with dingdang. Water's team looks great on paper but will need to practice to completely solidify their true potential. In the end I think that with enough practice DS can steal a round, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

2-1 Team Water.

Team RoSKing (FSN76, Starrk, Hopes) vs Team Ralphis (Caution, Tony, BWidger)

=^_^=

Team Alt_Stab (Torvald, Dranzer, AVC) vs Team HumanBones (Rude, Xenaero, Stipsi)

Definitely going to be game of the week. I think this game will come down to the offensive abilities, as when I look at both teams; I see all fraggers besides Rude. I think Rude is the factor here as I think he is more of an offensive threat than anyone else for both teams. I could be completely wrong, as I'm not completely aware of the offensive abilities of Stab's team. I think that Stab has the potential to make a 0-1 comeback to 2-1; I think the most positive trait he has as a captain is to acknowledge the faults of what's going wrong and react accordingly. But, given how early it is in the season; I give bones the win for now.

2-1 Team HumanBones.

Water

• Albino
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 06:03:25 PM »
(0 pts) Team DS [?] vs [?] Team Water (0 pts)
DemonSphere, DingDang, Alpha, TurSKA vs Water, KBlair, Vondoom_Mcdoom, Jwarrier

:psypop

(0 pts) Team RoSKing[?] vs [?] Team Ralphis (0 pts)
RoSKing, Starrk, FSN, Hopes vs Ralphis, Caution, Tony, Bwidger

This will be a really interesting match, because we have a team that is underestimated as hell for some reason (RoSKing's team) vs Ralphs potent team. Since RoSKing's team is actively practicing and already was kicking ass, and since Caution needs to unrust and might not be ready in time (same goes for Tony likely), I expect a 2 - 1 with RoSKing's team winning.

(0 pts) Team Alt_Stab[?] vs [?]HumanBones (0 pts)
Alt_Stab, Torvald, Dranzer, AVC vs HumanBones, Rude, Xenaero, Stipsi

This will come down to if Xen can hit ghosts. The score will be a linear equation as follows:

Team Alt_Stab wins: 1 plus GhostRate*0.05
Team Bones wins: 1 minus The above number

Alt_Stab

• WDL Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 02:23:25 PM »
TDT vs TEAM WATER

Anyone who listened to the draft knows how I feel about Water's team. No surprise then I'm pegging them as the favorites here, and indeed for every week. Water's team would be a good all-star lineup for fuck's sake. Having said that, an upset here isn't out of the realm of possibility... it's just not a map I would ever expect to see one on. Then again, if DS can provide a top performance on D (which is likely), and Turska kicks some ass on offense (also likely), then all they'd need for a shot at an upset would be for Dingdang to play at a semi-elite level. I believe in Dingdang, but even if all those prerequisites are met, that would only give TDT a chance, so I'm still predicting:
TEAM WATER 2-0

TEAM ROSKING vs SUC

It seems like I start every season by underestimating Ralph's team, but I've learned from my past mistakes and THIS season I'm finally giving SUC the respe- ...nah I'm doin it again. I just think that Rosking, Fsn, and Starrk look really good on paper and Tony's having mouse problems. We're not talking Deathtrap levels of problems, the mouse didn't explode in his hands or anything, nearly killing him, but it might have already cost SUC some practice time and again, I really like how Rosking's team looks on paper. Therefore:
TEAM ROSKING 2-1

GPS vs SXP

:kobe

Xenaero

• Hall of Famer
  • http://xen.unidoom.org/christmas.mp3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 03:00:51 PM »
This will come down to if Xen can hit ghosts.

pls help