News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Odamex Nitro Special Edition - Toke 10 Year Anniversary FFA + Tournament  (Read 5314 times)

HumanBones

• Still a Dirty Fetus
  • Administrator
  • Posts too much
    • View Profile

The Doom community has always been a close-knit group of friends, and over the years we've had to experience the unfortunate passing of far too many of these friends. I think it is important for us to remember them and their contributions, and not many Doomers will ever manage to contribute to or influence the Doom community as much as Toke has.

Toke was a great friend to not only me, but so many other people. He may have also been someone's pain in the ass, but only because he was so passionate about the game we all love and the direction it was heading in. I know I'm not the only one who spent hours talking to him strictly about Doom without ever getting bored. He was in the process of creating a "hub" website that would more or less connect each multiplayer community, something I was very happy he asked me to be a part of. His generosity is something I have always remembered.

He was also an accomplished mapper, between releasing a classic competitive 1v1 map in moo2d, taking public FFA on ZDaemon by storm with omgmaps, or even putting out his own coop wad. It is difficult to sum up everything he did for Doom in a trite forum post, which is why as we approach the 10th anniversary of his death I would like to honor him in a different way.

Friday, August 19th, I will run a medley of his DM wads - to me, the gold standard in FFA/TDM play in the early 00s. Saturday, August 20th, I will hold a small one-day 1v1 tournament on moo2d. Signups for that will open on a date TBA. Both events will be run on Odamex and hopefully you can set aside your personal preferences for at least one evening in memory of our friend Toke.

FFA SESSION

WADs: omgmaps, vex-doom, tokedm, udm3 map11
Mode: FFA (on shuffle)
Fraglimit: 65
Server: [WDL] doomleague.org
Date: Friday, August 19th, 2016 @ 7:30PM EDT

1V1 TOURNAMENT

WAD: moo2d
Mode: 1v1 Signup Tournament
Playerlimit: 12
Fraglimit: 50
Server: [wdl] doomleague.org
Date: Saturday, August 20th @ 3pm EDT
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 04:04:38 PM by HumanBones »

Jwarrier

• Posts too much
  • REG
    • View Profile
I should be available for the FFA.  Looking forward to this!

Alt_Stab

• WDL Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
Count me in for both.

Jwarrier

• Posts too much
  • REG
    • View Profile
I'm in for both as well.

HeX9109

• Journeyman
  • This space is to be left blank
    • View Profile
The FFA was super fun! Great idea Bones!