News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Week 1 - MAP08 ZDCTF08 [SEP 12 - SEP 18] Discussion  (Read 4471 times)

Alt_Stab

• WDL Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
Week 1 - MAP08 ZDCTF08 [SEP 12 - SEP 18] Discussion
« on: September 13, 2016, 10:36:42 AM »
WEEK 1 - MAP08 ZDCTF08
SEP 12 - SEP 18
--------
Team Starrk vs GPS
SUC vs SXP
Team DemonSphere vs Team Rude
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 12:16:20 PM by Alt_Stab »

Xenaero

• Hall of Famer
  • http://xen.unidoom.org/christmas.mp3
    • View Profile
Re: Week 1 - MAP08 ZDCTF08 [SEP 12 - SEP 18] Discussion
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 08:23:49 PM »
Ride to town, shoot em up, and keep on goin'

gl hf teams

Alt_Stab

• WDL Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 08:50:05 AM »
Team Starrk vs GPS

GPS Seasons  2 :doombrow 3 :doomgrin 4 :doomgrin2 5 :doomdead ...................... GPS Season 6 :doomgod

SUC vs SXP:

SXP has a monster team, partly thanks to moi. But SUC was very good with this same lineup a couple seasons ago, and they won't be pushovers. I think this will come down to who can put together the best offense. While it's possible that SUC could be overwhelmed by an SXP strategy of sheer brute force, SUC has a history of unconventional play, and I find it hard to believe they would let themselves go down in a head on collision like that. This could go either way in my mind, but since this is week 1 and Blair, Ralphis and Tony are like neighbors and shit, and have been playing together for the last decade, I think I'll give them the edge being that SXP hasn't had much time to develop their chemistry yet.

SUC wins in 3

Team Demonsphere vs Team Rude:

Obviously, these are two very different teams. Demonsphere, DevastatioN and Dingdang are flexing some impressive dueling muscles, and I won't be surprised if they try a frontal assault because of this. Team Rude looks a lot more offensive minded and really every player on the roster, except maybe Dranzer, is known mostly for their offense. So if this becomes a frag vs finesse matchup I think that timing and chemistry are going to be key for both teams. Dev and DS are practically telepathic with eachother, and the Dinger is like the Energizer bunny so DS will probably just wind him up and let him relentlessly attack. I could see that being hard to counteract. However, this is a map that Rude loves, and I know Dranzer can play some D here. Not sure if he'll play, but Dastan, aka The Moroccan Thunder, has been playing extremely well here too, so I think Team Rude has a chance. Same as the other matchup, I'm going to lean towards experience here in what could be a close matchup, so I'll say Team Demonsphere takes it.

Team Demonsphere wins in 3
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 12:41:45 PM by Alt_Stab »

Ralphis

• 0 time WDL Champion
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 12:13:39 PM »
GPS in 2
TDT in 2

Starrk

• Holocaust Denier
  • Veteran
  • #MLG #360noscope #rekt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2016, 01:04:34 PM »
TDT vs CDC

I love both of these teams honestly. This is definitely a map that plays into Dem Rud's fucking Barry Sanders like running and Dranzer should be able to hold it down here and as long as the mid chips the runners, he'll pretty much put everyone down. NOW LEMME TELL U SUTTIN BOUT DAT BOI DS. AND DAT BOI DEV AND DAT BOI DING DANG IN THE WING WANG. BOI, I hope whoever is running on that DS/Dev combo brings vaseline because it's gonna be real hard to even reach that flag. It's all on the Dinger; if he can get out the base with the flag he'll bring it home EZPZ.

TDT 2-1 Only because of the Rude ridiculousness factor otherwise it would have been 2-0.