News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Season 6 Highlight Video  (Read 6764 times)

Starrk

• Holocaust Denier
  • Veteran
  • #MLG #360noscope #rekt
    • View Profile
Season 6 Highlight Video
« on: October 19, 2016, 01:39:14 AM »
Hello,

It would be great to have a highlight reel done of this season and each season thereafter. This would be a great opportunity to showcase the talent in our league, have the new guys look at the pure awesomeness that they can achieve with hard work and practice, and Rude's highlight reel was pretty awesome the last time around. If you would like to offer your services as a video editor because I have zero technical skill in this field of engineering, please post here.

Players, IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN STARRING IN THE VIDEO start taking a look at your demos and COMPILE A LIST OF TIMES WITH THE HIGHLIGHTS YOU WANT and we'll see how this goes. Where's the Flying Frenchman when you need him?! I might lose interest in this in the next 24 hours. Might not.

Regards my niggas,

Starrk

Alt_Stab

• WDL Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
Re: Season 6 Highlight Video
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 10:38:36 AM »
Starrk, I will help with this. Not the video editing, which is the hard part. But I'm willing to put time and effort into finding highlights.

Alt_Stab

• WDL Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 10:42:51 AM »
What about doing one that covers more than just this season? Then we could add in DemonSphere's famous "almost" rj cap, or the Dingdang 5 health run, etc. We could just make it an update highlight vid of what happened since the last one.

X-Ray

• Veteran
  • I REALLY LOVE JOHNCENA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 08:49:48 PM »
i can give you some cool stuff of mine if you want

Tony

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 06:04:25 AM »
I can help with the video editing, but I'd rather not dig through demos to find content.  If someone else wants to do this , I can set up an FTP for you to put the content up

Xenaero

• Hall of Famer
  • http://xen.unidoom.org/christmas.mp3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 08:55:55 PM »
I unfortunately have no clips I deem highlight worthy this season, but it's nice someone might make a compilation video! We haven't seen one since mine forever ago.

It kinda sucks how much work is put into it, I wonder if there's some way to pick out hot spots, maybe looking at stats should give a good idea for some clips.

Ralphis

• 0 time WDL Champion
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2016, 01:50:40 PM »
I wonder if there's some way to pick out hot spots, maybe looking at stats should give a good idea for some clips.

It's good for at least jogging the memory of great scoring runs (which are the juiciest of highlights). Also, you can use them to identify when killing sprees and other crazy stuff happened

Rude

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2016, 01:53:18 PM »
Players, IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN STARRING IN THE VIDEO start taking a look at your demos and COMPILE A LIST OF TIMES WITH THE HIGHLIGHTS YOU WANT and we'll see how this goes. Where's the Flying Frenchman when you need him?! I might lose interest in this in the next 24 hours. Might not.

Regards my niggas,

Starrk

It kinda sucks how much work is put into it, I wonder if there's some way to pick out hot spots, maybe looking at stats should give a good idea for some clips.

Yea I did this for the video I made.  I asked everyone that wanted to be in it to to send me a demo and timestamp, I got all of maybe 2 replies from you lazy fucks.  Ended up searching through demos myself using stats as guidance.  Stab helped also.  It really is the most time consuming part of the process
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 01:58:45 PM by Rude »

Awup

• Rookie
  • FRAG SYNDICATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2016, 10:52:25 PM »
If there is one cool thing I did in my game I will send it in.