News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: WEEK 2 - MAP09 CORE27 [FEB 13 - FEB 19] Discussion  (Read 6232 times)

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
  • Welcome 2 Your Own Death
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
WEEK 2 - MAP09 CORE27 [FEB 13 - FEB 19] Discussion
« on: February 12, 2017, 11:08:52 AM »
Week 2 - MAP09: Compulsive Simplicity (CORE27)
February 13th - February 19th

Hurt You Plenty [HYP]
DevastatioN, Heks, Starrk, dew
0 pts (0-1-0)
vs
[REG] Regulators
Jwarrier, RoSKing, HTG, Goblin
0 pts (0-1-0)

Sexual Panthers [SXP]
HumanBones, Rude, Dastan, Evolution
0 pts (0-1-0)
vs
[TDT] The Dream Team
DemonSphere, turSKA, Denzoa, D'Sparil
4 pts (1-0-0)

Techno Vikings [TKV]
Caution, GhOsTKiLLeR, Xenaero, Avc
4 pts (1-0-0)
vs
[GPS] Giant Pea Shooters
Alt_Stab, Zakken, Dragon, Tony
3 pts (1-0-0)

Super Chargers [SUC]
Ralphis, Dranzer, Hopes, Halloween
4 pts (1-0-0)
vs
[HFM] High Friction Men
KBlair, Wazzup, Godlike, Souler
1 pt (0-1-0)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 07:46:14 PM by Zakken »

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
Re: WEEK 2 - MAP09 CORE27 [FEB 13 - FEB 19] Discussion
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 11:58:41 AM »
PREDICTIONS

HYP 0-2 REG
SXP 0-2 TDT (3 rounds)
TKV 9000-9001 GPS
SUC 2-0 HFM

Ten

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 12:45:33 PM »
TDT, TKV and SUC easily earn another 4 points, REG fights like hell and earns 3 points in a thriller.

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 01:26:38 PM »
By the way, just because I'm lazy and don't write paragraph-long predictions doesn't mean everyone else should follow suit!! Long predictions are good reads all around, if you've got the time and willingness to write them out. :psyduck

DemonSphere

• Walk into it
  • Hall of Famer
  • WDL Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 08:07:39 AM »
HYP 0-2 REG
SXP ??? TDT (3 rounds)
TKV 1-2 GPS
SUC 2-0 HFM

HYP is going to just get slaughtered by REGs offensive power, I don't see anyone fit on their team to defend against any of their o players, while getting flags themselves.
SXP-TDT - Good luck Bones, should be a fun match.
TKV-GPS - Gonna be one tie game in TKV favor and then team no communication is going to stop mid field to type insults because someone got "mad at odamex" GPS takes the other two rounds.
SUC-HFM - Dranzer is just really, really good now. If Blair positions himself correctly this week I do think his team could pull a tie/win. Going to have to favor SUC this week though.
Have fun

Ghostkiller

• Journeyman
  • The Albino
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 02:35:34 AM »
U r damn rite , I will stop midgame to rage but I do that in all ports not only Oda

Ghostkiller

• Journeyman
  • The Albino
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 02:44:03 AM »
Btw my prediction is ,10-0 TKV I am a better BR than zakken and I will prove so in this match by only leaking 4 flags while he will leak 5

Ralphis

• 0 time WDL Champion
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 11:09:24 AM »
TKV vs GPS

This is not only the first game in week 2, but the only one to feature two teams who came away with wins in week 1. Considering their lineup, Alt_Stab and his draft powerhouse of Zakken, Dragon, and Tony may have disappointed in week 1 by taking three rounds to take the win over HFM. The dynamics of this map will prove to be much different for GPS - likely to their benefit. The lack of many tricks available to the offense should put GPS in a position to dominate the mid. Is it possible we see Tony this week?

Meanwhile, TKV came out ready to impress in their first game. Caution setup his team perfectly against HYP, allowing rookie Ghostkiller to play comfortably on D. More importantly, their setup allowed one of the league's rising stars, Avc, to dazzle the league by making his high-flying offensive attack look effortless. All eyes will be on Avc this Saturday. GPS and TKV tie 1-1-0

SXP vs TDT

The rematch between the two captains from last season's championship game. Both teams have fresh looks and, out of the gate, it appears the league has experienced a power shift. There is no doubt that DemonSphere and TDT come into this not only favored to win the game, but to make a championship run this season. TDT cut REG's untraditional approach down in week 1. While their frag power is rightfully touted, it's important to note that they had a team-wide capture percentage of over 16% in their first bout. That is likely to fall back towards the league mean this week, but it is impressive nonetheless.

SXP is coming off a tough two round loss but should never be counted out. While Rude is a known quantity, Evo and Dastan are both making a serious case to start for this team. If SXP makes a playoff push, it will be interesting to see which third on this team develops into the starter for that run. The more condensed nature of mid is going to make life easier for SXP this week but still may not be enough. However, even with a loss, it's important to remember that the reigning champs, SXP, also lost their first two weeks last season before going on a five game win streak to win finish 1st in the standings and win the title. Never sleep on a WDL squad. TDT wins over SXP 2-1

SUC vs HFM

:trashdove
#FreeSouler

HYP vs REG

The only game this week featuring two teams with no points at all. Scheduled to go off as the primetime game on Sunday night, this one is a bit of a mystery. On paper, if everything goes perfectly, the Jwar/RoS tandem is enough to outmatch a team on almost any map. However, a few dynamics are going to come into play here.

Firstly, is REG getting enough practice? RoSKing's limited availability is tying Jwar's hands when it comes to effective practice. On a map new to the WDL like this week's, practice is critical. However, it's also a Zandronum staple so maybe this map being a known quantity won't hurt REG that much after all. It will be interesting to see if REG continues their innovative approach to a rotating offense like they did in the season opener or if they will return to a more traditional scheme.

HYP on the other hand has had practice. Although they fell in week 1 like many predicted, the game was competitive. Moving into this week, HYP has the same issue as before - how do they set their team up to score flags? Their potential frag power is undisputed and should benefit them much more this week than in the season opener. If they can find a configuration that allows them to lock down the defensive end of the map, they could steal one in a game where they are being predicted by many to lose in two. REG over HYP 2-1

Ghostkiller

• Journeyman
  • The Albino
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2017, 07:44:41 AM »
RALPHIS GET YOUR SHIT RIGHT , I AM A COOKIE NOT A ROOKIE

Jwarrier

• Posts too much
  • REG
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2017, 09:55:09 AM »
HYP vs REG

:doomgrin2

SXP vs TDT

Hard to see TDT lose this match-up.  TDT 2-0

TKV vs GPS

As much as I would like GPS to lose in 2 to help my team's standings I think TKV gets blown out on this map.  I'm still not convinced AVC can hang with the best yet across all different styles of maps.  This team has no communication and map09 is one that leads to a defender getting beat in quite a few different ways.  Will the mid be in the right place at the right time?  I believe if Xen plays this week over KS than TKV will be in better shape and may pull a draw.  If not than I think GPS takes it in 3.  GPS 2-1

SUC vs HFM

I have practiced with and against SUC and I can see that they are ready for this map.  SUC 2-0.

HumanBones

• Still a Dirty Fetus
  • Administrator
  • Posts too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2017, 07:35:50 PM »

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
    • nhentai