News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Proposals for future WDL seasons  (Read 11918 times)

Alt_Stab

• WDL Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
Re: Proposals for future WDL seasons
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2017, 07:19:53 AM »
Hell yeah, let's do it.

HumanBones

• Still a Dirty Fetus
  • Administrator
  • Posts too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2017, 12:41:35 PM »
MANUAL RETURNS

Honestly manual returns own. I'd run a single manual returns tournament just to do it

Teams should be limited to 60 seconds or something of holding their own flag before it gets returned. It would make games a little less of a snoozefest.

r4z0r

• Unsportsmanlike
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2017, 02:00:27 PM »
MANUAL RETURNS

Honestly manual returns own. I'd run a single manual returns tournament just to do it

Teams should be limited to 60 seconds or something of holding their own flag before it gets returned. It would make games a little less of a snoozefest.

is there a rulebook on manual returns somewhere? im interested with this concept of ctf

Ralphis

• 0 time WDL Champion
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2017, 07:22:28 PM »
There's just a couple of variables to set it up however you want it. One is that, when you touch your flag to return it, you actually pick it up and have to take it back to the stand yourself. This means that, in bizarre standoffs, one player can actually even end up with both flags in their possession. Another is that you can change the time that a flag automatically returns so if you make it something longer like a minute, it'll usually give players enough time to grab onto it again.

Not a great mode for maps with insta-death floors or voids, but fun on most other maps. Definitely a change of pace on the traditional formula that raises the stakes for defenders and mid.

Rude

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2017, 06:58:41 AM »
In a competitive setting it would be hilariously awesome.  If you havent played, it adds alot of depth to the game.  A tournament would be rad  :psycash

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
  • Welcome 2 Your Own Death
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2017, 07:54:04 AM »
I remember playing it back on 0.5.6 in a public server. It was a lot of fun!! Not sure how I feel about a manual return tournament/league, but I would definitely participate, at the very least.