News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: WEEK 6 - PLAYOFF QUARTER-FINALS [MAR 13 - MAR 19] Discussion  (Read 5136 times)

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
  • Welcome 2 Your Own Death
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
WEEK 6 - PLAYOFF QUARTER-FINALS [MAR 13 - MAR 19] Discussion
« on: March 12, 2017, 11:21:07 AM »
Week 6 - PLAYOFF QUARTER-FINALS
March 13th - March 19th

(#6) Regulators [REG]
Jwarrier, RoSKing, Goblin, HTG
MAP04: Ralphis's Magical Ice Forts (ZDCTF04)
vs
[SUC] Super Chargers (#3)
Ralphis, Dranzer, Hopes, Dastan
MAP30: Redemption II (ZDU30)
Winner plays: [TDT] The Dream Team

(#5) Sexual Panthers [SXP]
HumanBones, Dragon, Tony, Evolution
MAP06: Lazarus Revisited (SMARTCTF01)
vs
[GPS] Giant Pea Shooters (#4)
Alt_Stab, Zakken, Rude, SwiftShot
MAP19: Collision (IDLCONT11-20)
Winner plays: [TKV] Techno Vikings
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 05:03:46 PM by Zakken »

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
  • Welcome 2 Your Own Death
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
Re: WEEK 6 - PLAYOFF QUARTER-FINALS [MAR 13 - MAR 19] Discussion
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 02:40:54 PM »
>tfw not smart enough for SmartCTF

Avc

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 03:21:28 PM »
WE ARE NUMBER ONE (literally)

HumanBones

• Still a Dirty Fetus
  • Administrator
  • Posts too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 06:05:28 PM »

Ten

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 08:50:35 AM »
These playoffs are kicking off in the form of epic rematches. SUC and REG are playing each other in back-to-back weeks following a second 3-round comeback loss for SUC in Week 5, and SXP gets a second chance to prove the double-trade was in their favor after suffering a 2-0 sweep by GPS in Week 4.

SXP @ GPS

SXP is fresh off a 2-0 sweep of HYP last week, they've been seen in the prac quite often lately and are looking quite mean. They're hungry. They want revenge against GPS for the Week 4 loss, and they want that chance to play TKV. Quite honestly I don't see GPS having a remote chance at winning on map06, so their hope lies on cashing in on that homefield advantage and winning their first two games to obtain that early lead and hold it. Zakken and Rude have both been phenomenal this season, but Bones and Dragon are an even better duo once they get started, and I don't see them falling to GPS again.

SXP 3-0-1

REG @ SUC

Even though SUC's captain created REG's homefield map, I don't see REG losing there. When it comes to map04, the same applies for REG as last week did with map29. All three of them are amazing map04 players, and their chemistry is going to absolutely earn them wins there. Map30, however, is an entirely different story. I can only assume Ralphis chose this rarely-played oddball-map because SUC has been developing some interesting strategies for this map and will attempt to use it as their ace card. But will it work? In a well-balanced game, this map is difficult to run on and will most likely lead to some low-scoring games. Ralphis and RosKing are both amazing runners, and Dranzer and Jwarrier are both very effective defenders, so this should prove to be an amazing rematch, once again game of the week for sure. In the end though, I think REG is going to pull ahead victorious thanks to some clutch performances.

REG 3-1-1