News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Aaron "DemonSphere" Emge  (Read 32184 times)

satsujingear

• Rookie
  • WDL Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Aaron "DemonSphere" Emge
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2017, 07:40:30 PM »
Rest in peace, DemonSphere. You will be missed.

Jwarrier

• Posts too much
  • REG
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2017, 07:50:22 PM »
Rest in peace Aaron, we will miss you.

Xenaero

• Hall of Famer
  • http://xen.unidoom.org/christmas.mp3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2017, 07:52:13 PM »
At a loss on what to write, but I've become determined to write something. You were a great friend, even greater competitive player, and a kind soul. I'm happy to have known you, sad to have lost you, and regretful that I couldn't do much for you.

It's a shame our final conversation wasn't more poignant, or more meaningful beyond our community stuff. While I had no idea you were struggling then, I hope that now that you may find peace wherever you are.

You will be missed by many, and forgotten by none.

HumanBones

• Still a Dirty Fetus
  • Administrator
  • Posts too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2017, 07:53:23 PM »
Aaron was a great friend and an even greater person. I very much enjoyed my experience getting to know and see him in person at Ralph's wedding a year ago. We shared a room for 4 days and I felt like we bonded quite a bit. I will miss him more than a trite forum post can convey. RIP.

RoSKing

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2017, 08:27:01 PM »
One of my first and forever long lasting doom friends... Meeting back in 2003 feels like just yesterday. I was blessed to be able to actually hang out with you at quakecon before this happened. I don't know why this had to happen, I really wish you could have just called me again. I'm more than at a loss for words... I'm completely lost...
Regardless, I respect you and understand you probably more than others do. I always appreciated our friendship more than you probably ever will know. You were always going above and beyond to be liked, and you were more than successful in doing so. You never failed to keep me and others smiling and laughing with your presence; Having you around was always more than a good time. I still remember one of my fondest memories was getting on late with Bill Steel and all of us getting drunk and playing games like golf with friends. I really hope I still have those stream sessions saved...
You are the shining example of what I aspire to be, and I hope that one day that I can bring life to the room nearly as much as you did. I don't think you understood how much people really cared about you and liked having you around... I'd give anything just to be able to tell you that now.
Until next time my dear friend. I love you and may you forever rest in peace.

Alt_Stab

• WDL Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2017, 08:44:35 PM »
Legendary Doom player, wonderful, lovely, sincere person, and a great friend to me and many more of us. DemonSphere... gone but not forgotten. Love you bro. RIP.

Awup

• Rookie
  • FRAG SYNDICATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2017, 08:48:55 PM »
A top notch player who was humble enough to welcome a noob like me to play with him and his dudes. Rest in peace DS God loves you.

Otacon-Styrux

• Rookie
  • Otacon is on the way, Resist for 30 seconds...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2017, 09:13:17 PM »
Rest in peace Demonsphere, It was a pleasure getting to know and playing with such a skilled doomer. You will not be forgotten. <3

Starrk

• Holocaust Denier
  • Veteran
  • #MLG #360noscope #rekt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2017, 09:37:06 PM »
I'm not sure even where to begin; I had to pull over on the highway because I literally couldn't process the news when I heard it. For the longest it had been me and DS on TS late nights drinking and talking to each other about life and other shit. He was the guy who had gotten me to be a top dueler back when I played almost every day. Always down for a game, always down to shoot the shit. Just an all around good guy. And the best player I've ever seen throughout my years here.
We had always had a bond that no matter how many days it had been since I been on, we'd be back roasting each other and him destroying me on any map I played him on. I remember paying for his plane ticket to get to Ralph's wedding just because I wanted him to be able to be there, and he was so adamant about paying me back that it took weeks of me telling him it's all good for him to just accept the ticket as a gesture of our friendship.
No matter who you are, old or new, you knew about DS' skill in this game. Aaron, I don't know what led you to this, but whatever solace you were looking for, I hope you found it. We all miss you already.

RIP Paul Aaron "DemonSphere" Emge

Just to emphasize what Ralph said: THERE IS NO PROBLEM SO BIG THAT YOU CANNOT SOLVE, OR RATHER YOU CAN SOLVE BY ENDING IT. AS DYSFUNCTIONAL AS WE MAY BE, THE DOOM COMMUNITY IS A FAMILY AND WE WILL LISTEN AND THERE ARE PEOPLE HERE THAT CAN HELP.

Avc

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2017, 10:06:13 PM »
well i gotta say, it's actually sort of grieving to see you go, you were actually my inspiration to get better at doom. playing against someone as good as you, and getting closer and closer to beating you gave me a purpose in the doom community, even when i thought i no longer had one. i'm honored to have played beside you in the wdl finals, and you will be greatly missed by me... i'll always have this to remember you by at least...

SwiftShot

• Rookie
  • Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2017, 01:04:09 AM »
So sad to hear of this news. I'll remember you for all the good times we had in #hangout in ZDaemon around 2008/09 time, and joining servers with that '<>' tag. News like this really hits home in our small but close knit community that we have. Most of us only know each other online, but I'd like to think all of us are here for each other if anyone ever needs someone to talk about such things.

Rest in peace DS, you will be sadly missed by us all.

Denzoa

• Too bad SXP traded me, huh..?
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2017, 04:11:48 AM »
Far from the worst, and far ahead of the best.. You were the champ of TDT man.. I’m so glad I got to play on your team, laugh with you every day, get better because of you.. you taught me so much more than I could have taught myself..

Not only about Doom, but about life as well.. at times when I felt like sht because my girlfriend dumped me, you were there cheering me up playing games with me, telling me to keep my head up.. so why didn’t you come to me in your own time of need..? It saddens me so much to lose a friend like you, even if I never met you in real life, the friendship was real..

I remember you telling me to come to quakecon, and for that I actually started saving up money to go there.. but now that will just be a dream that will never come true..

Dastan

• Journeyman
  • Your beloved african friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2017, 06:38:54 AM »
This is truly heartbreaking to hear that something like this would happen to DS.
It literally got me in tears, mainly because I experienced (still am) the state he was and had suicidal thoughts countless times, so I know how he felt.
I am really glad i've got to know you, hell even playing with you; we would spend most of the time chatting on irc and had good laughs.
You were a role model for me to become as good as you are, and seeing you vanish like that really saddens me.

R.I.P DemonSphere.

KBlair

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2017, 07:04:11 AM »
I am so glad I had the opportunity to meet DS at Quakecon '16, and again a month later for Ralph's wedding. Those events back to back were some of the most fun I've ever had. I will miss you DS. It seems like yesterday we were shooting the shit with you and your dad at the hotel bar. I still can't quite process the fact that you're gone.

Rude

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2017, 08:13:30 AM »
Cant believe you are gone.. 

I have been trying to come up with something to say.  It pains me deeply to know you are gone..  I cant imagine what you were going through, I just wish it hadnt come to this

We met at Quakecon 2013, after having trained together for months before hand. You consistently whooped me and made me a better player, and a better person.  I'm honored to be able to call you my friend in life. Remembering all the good times we shared in WDL, Qcon, and Ralph's wedding. My prayers are with your Father and family.  Love you

Rest in Peace Aaron