News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Aaron "DemonSphere" Emge  (Read 32334 times)

legion

• Veteran
  • Yo, ya fuckin jabroni!
    • View Profile
Re: Aaron "DemonSphere" Emge
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2017, 08:29:00 PM »
not something I expected to happen, and not something I ever wanted to happen.

its honestly shocking to me since he never seemed to be someone who had problems.

goodbye, DS. rest in peace

-Alpha-

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2017, 09:44:27 PM »
I'm sorry,
I still can't get over this. Aaron, you're gone, in a better place now. One of the first people I ever met and became friends with through doom on zdaemon. I wished I had his number, maybe could've spammed his ass for something. Never expected him to be suffering through depression, was always cheerful and full of spirit, the light to any dim room. I enjoyed every moment we spent together on those late dooming night sessions back in the day with stab. I should've just spammed you on steam to play doom on the hard difficulty, the only reason I went to buy doom on steam was to try the snapmap levels and multiplayer. Playing clan scrims on zdaemon with strangle and I, having those late night talks. I would've loved to have met you in person, I lost the chance now. Gives me chills seeing your account still logged on steam and zdaemon knowing you ain't there. I haven't seen myself cry like this since forever. I always had your back man, since day one..   
I love you my brother, rest well now doomgod
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 09:50:43 PM by -Alpha- »

JKist3

• Registered just to make one post
  • WDL Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2017, 09:50:50 AM »
This is a huge loss for the doom community. Wish he was still around.

fairlycrazy

• Rookie
  • WDL Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2017, 12:27:40 PM »
This is Paul Aaron's dad, and I don't have much to say right now, and I have no answers..I may never have any.

But I wanted to let you know that all these kind words have helped more than you can know.
I know how much the gaming community meant to him.

Thank you ,
   Paul

HeX9109

• Journeyman
  • This space is to be left blank
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2017, 03:12:03 PM »
Your son was irreplaceable, both for your family and ours. I'm sorry for your loss.

Rebirth

• Rookie
  • WDL Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2017, 08:40:52 PM »
 I never personally knew DS, but I have seen him in duel and priv dominating like no other.
 A man of impressive skill and talent shouldn't have passed away in that fashion. May he rest in peace.

HateDaddy

• Rookie
  • WDL Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2017, 06:08:00 AM »
I didn't know him very well but got an opportunity to have a few extensive conversations with him in the past month about Doom. Seemed like a really nice kid. I'm really sorry this happened guys. RIP DS.

turSKA

• Journeyman
  • do you even doom bro
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2017, 07:52:30 AM »
Just unreal and really really sad. Had to process this couple of days before writing anything. One of the main reasons i signed up this season was because of DS, i was hoping to get on his team again because we had such a great run last season. DS is easily the most skilled, couraging, kind and hella funny captain I've ever played with. I never even met this guy and yet he had bigger impact on me than i could have ever imagined. I can't even imagine what's it like for you guys who've hang with him IRL and ofc his family. Condolences to the bereaved family. DS, i hope you found peace.

Godlike

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2017, 04:31:38 PM »
I don't even know where to begin I've never been good at doing goodbyes but i must do it for you this is the hardest thing I've ever had to write I'm still in shock that it had to come to this… Aaron you were one of my greatest friends and a brother to me I've known you for over a decade as a personal friend and almost 2 decades as a friendly player. Over the years I've played thousands of different games with you and shared so many good memories, you were one of the main people i looked forward to meeting in real life and chilling with i am going to truly miss you so much you don't even know. Even though i never got the chance to meet you in real life i had the opportunity to get to know you well online you brought laughter to the team speak channel almost every time you were online you were always trying to make sure everybody was alright even if you weren’t yourself you had a huge heart we all loved you like a brother. Ill never forget the times we stayed up till 4 or 5 am drinking and making stupid raps on ts and getting screamed at by my mom and told to go to bed or the time you accidentally drove through the freshly paved tar and thought the tar guys were gonna find out where you lived and get ya lol. Man i just really wish i could've done something to help you i know you've been depressed in the past and we used to talk these things over till the sun came up i just wish you didn’t feel like you had no one on your side i would've bent over backwards to help you bro cuz man time doesn't heal all scars this one will stay open till the day i die and meet you at heavens gates until that day there is a spot reserved in my heart for you i will never forget you or your crazy good king of the hill impressions. I hope you found peace and are no longer fighting your inner demons fly high brotha you'll truly be missed by everybody down here on earth

Spunky117

• Registered just to make one post
  • WDL Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2017, 05:30:08 PM »
I have been devastated by this news for the past few days as i'm sure all of you have. I met DS on the newest doom's multiplayer when they released the first Alpha. I have since considered him one of my best friends and we'd always tear it up in Doom. I'm going to miss the hell out of you dude. You may be gone, but you will never be forgotten.

I am currently making a snapmap dedicated to DemonSphere and i'm currently working on a tribute room. There will be panels with your S/N. Upon use they will activate a datapad message that can display 1-2 paragraphs worth of text. If any of you would like to take part in that, feel free to PM or E-mail me with what you'd like to say.

Rest in Peace Aaron.

Tony

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2017, 08:07:06 AM »
It's hard to put all this into words but here it goes:

Like many others, I had first met Aaron years ago, as a member of the Doom community. Our friendship quickly evolved beyond just Doom though. We quickly discovered similar interests in other things, and have spent countless nights playing video games, watching YouTube videos, or just hanging out in Skype or Teamspeak. I will never forget those fun times. One of these times that really sticks out was a night where Aaron and I sat online, drank, and spent hours watching YouTube videos of emu racing, which shortly before, we had discovered was a thing.

In 2014, Aaron let me know about how he attended QuakeCon, a video game convention, every year. I decided that it would be fun to meet up with Aaron and attend. We arranged to stay at his place and drive down to QuakeCon the next day. From the moment Aaron picked me up from the airport, we immediately hit it off. We got to his place, in the 100 degree humid weather, and sweated our asses off putting my computer back together, and getting it ready for QuakeCon. That night, we had a blast playing Counter-Strike, and watching movies.

The next day, on the four hour drive to Dallas, we discovered we had pretty similar interests in music as well. I think we must have listened to most of System of a Down and Eminem’s discography on that drive, while discussing other bands.

The times we’ve shared at QuakeCon are memories that I will cherish forever. I will never forget how much fun we had not only at the convention itself, but the countless trips to “our bar” at the convention center, the traditional trips to In-N-Out and Taco Bueno, and just hanging out in the hotel room with other members of the Doom community.

Aaron truly was a great friend. I could always reach out to Aaron about my life’s problems, and always trust him to be honest and caring. even when we didn’t agree on certain topics.

May you rest in peace and always be in our thoughts and prayers,
Aaron “DemonSphere” Emge