News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: WDL Player Tier List  (Read 13846 times)

r4z0r

• Unsportsmanlike
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
WDL Player Tier List
« on: October 17, 2017, 07:37:30 PM »
NEW TIER LIST
So after this season of the wdl has concluded I figured its worth a revisit to my old tier list and shift the players around based on how they played in the wdl.

I still haven't included captain's skill levels because that would be unsportsmanlike

A+
no one y'all suck

A
Jwarrier
Dragon

A-
AVC
D'sparil
Infer
Zakken

B+
Denzoa
Starrk

B
turSKA
razor(oh boy...)

B-
OurHero
Dranzer

C+
Dastan
Tony
Perrondon
Cartel
Souler

C
Decay
Godlike
Ral
Unknown
Skullrush

C-
Wartorn
SwiftShot
Dew
Halloween

D+
Zoltar
TMD

D
Alpha
Shift

D-
RebirthOfK

F+
Awup
Bluevenom
Hirius

F
BlueVenom
fm33
Mandii

F-
Godsdoomer
MetalGuy
Saltmine
Son of TDF
Tsunami

:psycash

Old tier list(for historical purposes)

This is gonna be FUN OK lets make predictions what tier are players here?????

THIS DOESNT INCLUDE CAPTAINS SKILL LEVEL CUZ THAT DOESNT MATTER JUST DRAFT GOOD PLAYERS AND YOU WIN

Super Shining Star Amazing GodTier Level
razor

A+
AVC
Dragon

A
Dranzer
D'sparil

A-
Jwarrier

B+
Denzoa
turSKA

B
Infer
Zakken

B-
Cookies
Cartel
OurHero

C+
Dastan
Tony
Perrondon

C
Decay
Godlike
Ral

C-
Wartorn
SwiftShot
Dew
Starrk

D+
Souler
Unknown
Zoltar

D
Halloween
Skullrush
Alpha
Shift

D-
TMD
RebirthOfK

F+
Awup
Bluevenom
Hirius

F
BlueVenom
fm33
Mandii

F-
Godsdoomer
MetalGuy
Saltmine
Son of TDF
Tsunami

:psycash
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 10:08:24 PM by r4z0r »

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
  • Welcome 2 Your Own Death
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
Re: WDL Player Tier List
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 08:15:26 PM »
I don't feel like making a tier list of my own so I'll just explain the problems I see in yours. Before I actually get started, I'm assuming you intentionally kept the WDL captains out of this list? If so, you should make that clear in the OP.

On what basis is Dranzer A-tier? I'd put him somewhere between B+ and B-, because even though he is a good and occasionally smart player, he has yet to establish himself as a true top player.

Infer and I being on the same tier is kind of weird to see. I'd assume myself to be at least one or two tiers higher than Infer from results alone. Also, turSKA arguably belongs to the A-tier. He is NOT overrated, I can tell you that much.

I'd put Tony on B- or B, probably. He is a little underrated, and has taken quite a few teams to decent success throughout WDL history (do remember that he beat my team last playoffs).

Souler, Unknown and Zoltar deserve to be placed a couple of tiers higher. They may not play that much, but they still have decent fundamentals and can pull some weight. Halloween (Dosu) and Shift are both B- tier players, so what are they doing so far down at D? Skullrush is also at least a little better than D tier...

Lastly, Hirius is somewhere in D tier and Godsdoomer used to be a C-tier player back in the day, so I doubt he's fallen off that hard.

r4z0r

• Unsportsmanlike
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 09:32:15 PM »
Hi here to respond!!

I don't feel like making a tier list of my own so I'll just explain the problems I see in yours. Before I actually get started, I'm assuming you intentionally kept the WDL captains out of this list? If so, you should make that clear in the OP.

Yes this is true Ill clear that up in the OP or maybe make a seperate section for captain skill???? nah ill just notify tat they arent included

On what basis is Dranzer A-tier? I'd put him somewhere between B+ and B-, because even though he is a good and occasionally smart player, he has yet to establish himself as a true top player.

Because dranzer clicks on ppl very very well and in doom this means a lot especially in odamex it MEANS A LOT considering dropped shots can occur as can bad rng and all sorts of other quirks so the more consistent you can hit your shots the much better you will be compared to your competition. I was thinking to put him in A+ tier simply because he is without a doubt the best fragger in FA but I figured that someone would say that he needs a little bit of help with strategy so i bumped him down one rank.

Infer and I being on the same tier is kind of weird to see. I'd assume myself to be at least one or two tiers higher than Infer from results alone.

why did we lose to kru on map16 then?>???????? no but really you guys are both hampered by ping as well as having different set roles entirely. Infer is an o player through and through while you play mid. Its challenging to say which is which as team composition would sway the results a lot however I will say this that there are way more defensive and middle players than offence players in the FA list so infer would be a more high priority pick because of taht even if running with your statement that you are better and you have proof, people can always find some other mid players like denzoa or tony, but people will find it hard to find a good o like infer.

Also, turSKA arguably belongs to the A-tier. He is NOT overrated, I can tell you that much.

I will probably throw him to B+ or A- tier considering that he plays O his only real downside being his semi-lackluster fragging and his ping being a big hamper.

I'd put Tony on B- or B, probably. He is a little underrated, and has taken quite a few teams to decent success throughout WDL history (do remember that he beat my team last playoffs).

Possibly, but the teams were pretty unfair last playoffs with humanbones and dragon(i think thats their other player?) definetly being the ones to put the backpack on and carry tony through. Not saying tony is at all a bad player but I might consider MAYBE moving him up to B- if he really commits to this league and practices a lot.

Souler, Unknown and Zoltar deserve to be placed a couple of tiers higher. They may not play that much, but they still have decent fundamentals and can pull some weight. Halloween (Dosu) and Shift are both B- tier players, so what are they doing so far down at D? Skullrush is also at least a little better than D tier...

All of the players you mentioned above are very low for a reason. This tier list is not based solely on skill but also on their ability to interact with their team, invest time to practicing, etc... thats why people like shift and skullrush are so low, sure theyre not good nor are they bad, but their lack of commitment and toxic attitude w/ skullrush really makes them an unsuitable pick for most teams, especially if they arent already friends with you. also quite a few of these players havent played odamex so they aren't used to the different flow that this port offers compared to the other ones. also most of these players have awful ping so it'd probably be hard for them to succeed in such an environment such as odamex where fragging really well is as essential as being able to tell what team you're on.

Lastly, Hirius is somewhere in D tier and Godsdoomer used to be a C-tier player back in the day, so I doubt he's fallen off that hard.

Hirius is definetly good no doubt about it but only on zd, ive never seen him play here so i assume the transition for him would be a very rough one, especially with his awful ping. Also ive never heard of godsdoomer anyone i didnt know goes into F-

Hope that clears up some of ur thoughts.

Dragon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 07:56:36 AM »
How on earth am I A+?

Tony

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 08:37:59 AM »
How on earth am I A+?
Because you carried me so hard last season  :psyduck

Dragon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 09:31:20 AM »
Because you carried me so hard last season  :psyduck
We didn't even win! :P
Also I think you did pretty good for yourself, surely much better than C+!

X-Ray

• Veteran
  • I REALLY LOVE JOHNCENA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 01:27:21 PM »

r4z0r

• Unsportsmanlike
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 06:56:51 PM »
How on earth am I A+?

This will be a long explanation (not really pranked) but in essence the best compariasion i can give you is a European Caboose. You can aim on people really well and when you get mad you go insane with killing people and clicking on them!!! very valuable in port with bad rng right. As well, you can show a lot of commitment to practicing and games AND ON TOP OF THIS you can play any position very well, not limiting yourself to just being a D or O player making you more valuable because any team that has you can fill you into their weak spots and do very well. The only hamper you have is possibly your ping and maybe some team compisition because if ur paired with someone u hate i dont see that going down well I was thinking of putting u in A tier but the chemistry you have with other players and how much u would try with them keeps u at A+(dsparil and rosking being great examples of ppl u work extremely well with) :)

Xenaero

• Hall of Famer
  • http://xen.unidoom.org/christmas.mp3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 07:39:28 PM »
S rank reporting in

Dragon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2017, 08:45:55 AM »
This will be a long explanation (not really pranked) but in essence the best compariasion i can give you is a European Caboose. You can aim on people really well and when you get mad you go insane with killing people and clicking on them!!! very valuable in port with bad rng right. As well, you can show a lot of commitment to practicing and games AND ON TOP OF THIS you can play any position very well, not limiting yourself to just being a D or O player making you more valuable because any team that has you can fill you into their weak spots and do very well. The only hamper you have is possibly your ping and maybe some team compisition because if ur paired with someone u hate i dont see that going down well I was thinking of putting u in A tier but the chemistry you have with other players and how much u would try with them keeps u at A+(dsparil and rosking being great examples of ppl u work extremely well with) :)
I can agree with this to a certain extent, but if anything I'd say that what limits me the most would be the fact that I do indeed not work with as many as you make me out to be able to. Sure I can adapt to what I'd say are most situations, but it comes more around to my team adapting to how I play rather than me adapting to how they play (if it's far away from my regular playstyle).

satsujingear

• Rookie
  • WDL Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2017, 10:06:38 AM »
So innacurate, i'm at least SSS+

SkullRush

• Rookie
  • Check my YT channel booiis! https://goo.gl/8a4XSN
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2017, 12:05:36 PM »
Well, i can interact with anyone really well and i have plenty of time for practices, didn't understand why im so low :/
I agree with the fact that i'm not good and not bad tho, 55% accurate gj
Atleast these tier lists are funny  :psypop

r4z0r

• Unsportsmanlike
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2017, 03:42:24 PM »
Well, i can interact with anyone really well

no you can't

and i have plenty of time for practices,

idk about that I wouldnt say you are as committed to the game as a lot of other people on the list for example tony or boner or dranzer even. besides you never come to help other team practices and if thats a foreshadowing of whats to come then it doesnt really put you in a good light at all

Atleast these tier lists are funny  :psypop

yes

SkullRush

• Rookie
  • Check my YT channel booiis! https://goo.gl/8a4XSN
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2017, 04:01:03 PM »
Well, i talk to many doomers constantly everyday, i have no beefs with anyone, and i recognize that i can be toxic, but i can be chill too, it's up to you and other people to like me or not.
As far as i know, teams weren't picked yet so i can't help them at practice, i said that i have time, that can only mean that, when there be a practice, i will be around (just like i am online in privs and all that).

But anyway, tier lists are always funny because the guy who always calls himself the "Super Shining Star Amazing GodTier Level" always gets carried or wrecked 1v1, but no bad feelings for you my child, i know this is just a good meme, daddy still loves u <3

Cartel

• Rookie
  • WDL Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2017, 04:03:25 PM »
A+

Avc
Jwarrier

A

Dragon
Dspiral
turSKA

A-

Godlike
Zakken
Dranzer

B+

Denzoa
Hirius
Infer

B

Swiftshot
Starrk

B-

Unknown
Dastan

C+

Tony
BlueVenom
PerroNDoN
r4z0r

C

Cartel
OurHero
Souler
Halloween

C-

Zoltar
Alpha
Decay
Skullrush

D+
Tsunami
Rebirth
Awup

D

Saltmine
fm33

D-

Mandii
MetalGuy

E (Meaning I don't who they are so I can't give an opinion)

Cookies
Dew
Godsdoomer
Son of TDF
TMD
Wartorn