News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: WEEK 5 - MAP23 RAGECTF10 [NOV 20 - NOV 26] Discussion  (Read 8867 times)

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
  • Welcome 2 Your Own Death
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
WEEK 5 - MAP23 RAGECTF10 [NOV 20 - NOV 26] Discussion
« on: November 19, 2017, 05:51:32 PM »
Week 5 - MAP23: Mercurial (RAGECTF10)
November 20th - November 26th

Techno Vikings [TKV]
Caution, Zakken, Godlike, Infer
10 pts (3-1-0)
vs
[DEM] Damn!
Rude, turSKA, Starrk, Halloween
8 pts (2-2-0)

Sexual Panthers [SXP]
HumanBones, OurHero, Dranzer, Unknown
3 pts (0-3-1)
vs
[SUC] Super Chargers
Ralphis, Jwarrier, Souler, SkullRush
13 pts (3-1-0)

Giant Pea Shooters [GPS]
Alt_Stab, Denzoa, Tony, PerroNDoN
10 pts (3-1-0)
vs
[BST] Best Ever
RoSKing, Avc, Dastan, Cartel
13 pts (3-1-0)

The Phantom Troupe [TPT]
Tai, D'Sparil, TMD, Razor
3 pts (0-3-1)
vs
[HYP] Hurt You Plenty
DevastatioN, Dragon, Wartorn, Decay
4 pts (1-3-0)

r4z0r

• Unsportsmanlike
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: WEEK 5 - MAP23 RAGECTF10 [NOV 20 - NOV 26] Discussion
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 08:40:49 PM »
TKV VS DEM

game of the week in my opinion DEM has godmode turned on for them and TKV pulled the upset against BST's best lineup if i had to guess I'd say that it depends on my man bill's wifi If he decides to sit down and play at taco bell and get dropped shots every 3 seconds then DEM would easily sweep them under the rug but if TKV fields infer instead to outsmart Rude's defensive plays then TKV would take it. I'm leaning more to TKV

TKV 2-1 DEM

SXP vs SUC

Dranzer threw on my team to end up not winning against us and suc is back baby

SUC 2-0 SXP

GPS vs BST

Very tough matchup as well close to Game of the week material because gps has denzoa who walks through everything but all the other gps players are sitting ducks if BST ends up practicing a little more this season then they could easily take this 2-0

BST 2-0-1(its a tie) GPS

TPT vs HYP

I was sick this week and couldn't play up to par but I'm sure that I'll be back in action by next week also TMD was a legendary player

TPT 2-0 HYP

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
  • Welcome 2 Your Own Death
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 08:47:05 PM »
Ralph win pls

Stab win pls

Dev win pls

Cartel

• Rookie
  • WDL Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 10:35:27 PM »
13-2-1 overall on my predictions

TKV vs DEM

Not a whole lot to say here.  Both very good teams, evenly matched, big time fraggers going head to head. Should be interesting watching possibly Caution and Rude going to war at the mid position to control that soulsphere. I got TKV with a 2-0 win.  W - TKV

SXP vs SUC

SXP got better with the addition of Dranzer and came very close to beating TPT.  Dranzer just needed one more second for that to happen.  However, they're facing one of the best teams this year.  Jwar is very good at this map so I just don't see SXP taking this one.  SUC gets the sweep.  W - SUC

GPS vs BST

Got our first loss of the season against TKV.  Came VERY close to a tie.  Not going to knock Avc for making the decision to take the hallway route rather than the stairs.  He's the best runner in WDL and that's the way he thought was best.  It just didn't work out in the end.  If our match was played on any other map, except 32 :D, I do think we would have taken the series, but it is what it is.  As for our match against GPS.  We're playing a map I like, I'm familiar with and I'm good on.  I feel very good about this weeks game.  Felt good about our games the first three weeks and we won, didn't feel very good about our game against TKV and we lost.  So I'm hoping my good feeling is right again.  Ros will have his hands full with Denz, assuming he's mid, which he most likely will be, and with his ammar shield, it's going to be a tough task for him.  But I think we get the sweep.  W - BST

TPT vs HYP

IMO, the match-up of the week.  Playoff implications on the line here.  Saw a shakeup in positions with HYP with Dev running instead of D.  Might see that setup again this week.  Does TMD get the start over Razor?  Possibly.  I have a feeling this will be a three game series with TPT taking the win ending HYP's season.  TPT gets the final spot in the WDL playoffs.  W - TPT

Ralphis

• 0 time WDL Champion
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 10:57:51 PM »
TKV vs DEM

Both teams are solid playoff contenders but TKV has really been on a roll. This map, however, may play to DEM's strengths. A DEM "upset" 2-1 over TKV.

GPS vs BST
Probably the type of map that will cater to AVC's offense, but GPS is certainly capable of hanging with any team in the league. It should be close, but BST is probably still the better team despite their hiccup against TKV. BST 2-1 over GPS.

HYP vs TPT
Basically a playoff game (because I plan to smash SXP), this should be a good one. Both teams have shown flashes of brilliance but have come against stronger opponents. On a more level playing field, they should keep it tight and close. Despite all of TPT's problems, they finally pull off a win and knock HYP out of contention. TPT 2-1 over HYP

SXP vs SUC

Not going to knock Avc for making the decision to take the hallway route rather than the stairs.  He's the best runner in WDL and that's the way he thought was best.

Cartel

• Rookie
  • WDL Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 11:30:30 PM »

SXP vs SUC

Not going to knock Avc for making the decision to take the hallway route rather than the stairs.  He's the best runner in WDL and that's the way he thought was best.

Alt_Stab

• WDL Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 07:23:59 AM »
TKV vs DEM
Last week's DEM v SUC matchup was easy to predict because DEM wasn't going to get enough practice on a brand new map and SUC always comes prepared, so game over. This week's map is very familiar to DEM though, and both Rude and Starrk have a history of playing well there. I think TKV will have a battle on their hands, but they're playing at a really high level. I expect a close game, not really sure who will win, but I'll lean slightly towards TKV, 2-1.

HYP vs TPT
Both teams will be going hard in this matchup, because for the loser, THERE IS NO TOMORROW (they will literally be executed  :gladi8rdown). I don't have a real good feel for who will come out on top here, so I'll throw a dart and say HYP eeks out a close 2-1 victory.

SXP vs SUC
Another Bones v Ralphis classic. I think SXP might surprise some people here and take a round from SUC. Bones can hold down mid or D against anyone, and Unknown has shown he can handle himself. We all know what Dranzer can do. I still think that SUC, with their great chemistry, especially now with Souler on board, will take this in the end. 2-1 SUC.

Ten

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 10:47:25 AM »
Ahh, week 5. Where the matches are massively hyped up and intense thanks to the approaching playoffs.

TKV vs DEM

TKV is red-hot. Jake has a knack for putting together teams that he can mesh very well with and create chemistry out of thin air with, probably because he's the WDL god of mid. I'm curious to see if Infer or Godlike will be getting the nod for the runner spot as they've both displayed impressive performances in their victories against top teams SUC and BST. DEM on the other hand, is looking a bit dizzy after having their asses handed to them by SUC in a quick two-rounder last week. They have the talent, I think they just need a bit more coordination and practice before they head into any more games. DEM has already clinched playoffs, but this week will be an early playoff game for them as TKV is going to make it extremely difficult.

TKV takes it in 2.

SXP vs SUC

SXP is in a very bad position. Despite picking up Dranzer, they were still unable to secure a win and a spot ahead of TPT last week. SXP currently sits at last seed, thanks to losing the tiebreaker with TPT meaning if they don't win or tie any rounds against SUC this week, they're eliminated. Even if they do somehow manage to beat SUC, there is still a high chance that SXP will be eliminated depending on the results from the TPT/HYP game. Unknown played surprisingly well last week in the last round of their game against TPT recording a nearly 200% K/D and highest frags of the round. It's not a far stretch to predict that SXP would've won the entire match had they played him instead of OurHero from the start. As a result, I think Unknown will get the nod to start this week with Bones and Dranzer, and could make for a very good game. However, as I predicted last week, the powerhouse duo that is Ralph and Jwar is just an unfair combination. Once again I think their combined experience and chemistry with each other is going to overwhelm SXP and send SXP home with a winless season while SUC clinches a first-round bye.

SUC in 2.

GPS vs BST

Avc finally had a bad game, who would've thought. Perhaps that hallway run will live down as one of the biggest flukes in WDL infamy? In any event, by losing that match, TKV actually caused BST to be knocked down to 2nd place behind SUC thanks to SUC's tiebreaker win. As unbelievable as it sounds, there is a scenario in which GPS could finish in 1st place if they 2-0 BST here, and SXP also 2-0's SUC. However, both of those events are extremely unlikely to happen as I think BST is going to be fueled by rage for losing last week and will be on their A-game. RosKing is simply too good, he will be impossible to get past while Cartel mows down mid and Avc speeds out of GPS' base. The good news for GPS though, is that they will likely still clinch first-round homefield advantage, assuming TKV takes out DEM.

BST in 2.

HYP vs TPT in "The Playoff Ticket"

All eyes on this game as the winner goes to the playoffs, while the loser heads to the benches (barring an extremely unlikely scenario with SXP beating SUC and then winning tiebreakers). TPT has *STILL* yet to record a single win despite Tai and DSparil being one of the most dangerous defensive combinations in the league. Razor had an absolutely abysmal game last week, which prompted Tai to play TMD (whom I thought had 0 competitive experience) to similar results. HYP is in a similar situation, two very good players with under-performing thirds. Dragon is a top player who can make magic happen, which is HYP's only real ace card. If Dev can step up and firmly handle D while Dragon plays basically every position and helps Decay get out of TPT's base, they just might have a chance. However, I think TPT is finally ready. Finally ready to earn a win for the first time all season, and enter the playoffs as 6th seed with only a single win (the fact that can even happen is memes). Tai, DSparil and Razor is actually a good lineup when Razor isn't dealing with sickness and I see that lineup being more cohesive and solid than HYP's Dragon+2 lineup. TPT will most likely win it in 2 and head to the playoffs while HYP packs up and heads home.

TPT in 2.