News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Fall 2017 Exit Interviews  (Read 9567 times)

Ralphis

• 0 time WDL Champion
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
Fall 2017 Exit Interviews
« on: November 25, 2017, 03:55:26 PM »
With the regular season wrapping up tomorrow, there's a 90.9% chance that you won't win the championship, but that's ok - there's always next season! Please give your candid thoughts, criticisms, praise, etc on the season, including what you think can be done better in the future. Thanks for participating and we hope to see you next season!

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
  • Welcome 2 Your Own Death
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
Re: Fall 2017 Exit Interviews
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 07:16:57 PM »
Whatever happened to the WDL Radio? Aside from that, everything seemed great. I'd like to thank Jehar for streaming so many matches thus far for good viewership, and I hope that we get even more players to participate next time!

EDIT: Come to think of it, I'd much appreciate it if next year's WAD had new music overall. Almost anything else goes, I suppose. I hope this isn't too much to ask.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 11:15:02 PM by Zakken »

Dastan

• Journeyman
  • Your beloved african friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 02:45:14 AM »
This season prolly seems to be one of the best WDL seasons over the years.
Balanced teams, good management and Jehar taking the time to stream games (which I highly thank him for); this couldn't be any better!
The only thing you could do better next season is, as Zakken mentioned, bringing back WDL radio.
Overall, this has been a pretty good season and I hope future ones will be more like this.
Cheers!

Jwarrier

• Posts too much
  • REG
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 04:19:04 AM »
Next season?!  Let's demand a mandatory WDL radio for round one of the playoffs!  HB & Stab you men schedule a hot date.

Saltmine

• Rookie
  • Getting traded out of teams at world record speeds
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 08:05:22 AM »
I have to say, for my first season in the WDL, it has been a fantastic season even if I haven't played. It's been fun watching all of the games, seeing what people's thoughts are on the match-ups ahead and on the current maps, and I really appreciate Jehar streaming all of the games. That  is an effort that not many people could match. Even though this has been a tremendously different season, especially with the weight of DS's passing on all of our shoulders, it has been a very good season. I would like to express my gratitude to all who have set up this wonderful league for all of us Doomers to enjoy. The only thing I would consider changing is taking out the waivers. It is just, in my opinion, a waste of time that makes inter-team trading and dropping to and adding from free agency a lot more complicated for all of us.
That is just my opinion. I would love to hear your opinions, too!
                                                                   Thanks, -Saltmine

Ralphis

• 0 time WDL Champion
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 08:29:03 AM »
The only thing I would consider changing is taking out the waivers. It is just, in my opinion, a waste of time that makes inter-team trading and dropping to and adding from free agency a lot more complicated for all of us.
That is just my opinion. I would love to hear your opinions, too!

I'll take this opportunity to explain what waivers are and why we use them.

Firstly, waivers do not affect inter-team trading at all. For the first 2.5 weeks, teams can trade players and homefield pick order between each other.

Waivers exist to prevent certain teams not having an opportunity to grab good players. For instance, Dranzer was dropped this season by TPT. If waivers didn't exist and I knew that was about to happen, I could've immediately put in to pick up Dranzer as soon as I heard Tai was dropping him.

Waivers prevent league officials and "insiders" from being able to pick up recently dropped skill players quickly and to deter "skill dumping". It prevents a top team from grabbing these players before all teams have a fair opportunity to know that the player is available. The closer a team is to the bottom of the standings, the more priority they receive in claiming a player. That's why the bottom ranked SXP was able to claim Dranzer after Tai's drop instead of a top team like SUC or BST. If a player passes through the 2-day waiver period without being claimed, they are fair game to be added/dropped at any time (See: SUC adding Souler a week after he was dropped from SXP).

There is a ton of precedent with waivers working in the "real world". Professional sports leagues do it, as well as fantasy sports. It helps maintain a level playing field, prevents collusion, and contributes to a more competitive environment.

PerroNDoN

• Veteran
  • #PrayforPerroNDoN
    • View Profile
    • My tracks and projects
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 12:58:36 PM »
i want for the end of the season Xenaero doing a highlight movie
or i will do that shit with my sony vergas skills
and drum and bass music, nobody wants that, right?

Xenaero

• Hall of Famer
  • http://xen.unidoom.org/christmas.mp3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2017, 02:54:29 PM »

You do it. I don't do videos anymore.

PerroNDoN

• Veteran
  • #PrayforPerroNDoN
    • View Profile
    • My tracks and projects
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2017, 11:20:19 AM »

first, i gotta figure out how the fuck i record with fraps in odamex

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2017, 12:02:03 PM »
first, i gotta figure out how the fuck i record with fraps in odamex
Use Window Capture on OBS and make local recordings.

PerroNDoN

• Veteran
  • #PrayforPerroNDoN
    • View Profile
    • My tracks and projects
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2017, 12:03:25 PM »
Use Window Capture on OBS and make local recordings.

finally!! i did it!

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2017, 12:11:55 PM »
Glad I could help! Now, you better include some clips of me in that highlight movie, yeah??

With the regular season wrapping up tomorrow, there's a 90.9% chance that you won't win the championship, but that's ok
It's actually 91.8% this season. This OP is fake news.

Cartel

• Rookie
  • WDL Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2017, 03:45:36 PM »
Definitely would like to see WDL radio again.  Good stuff.

Starrk

• Holocaust Denier
  • Veteran
  • #MLG #360noscope #rekt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2017, 08:03:50 PM »

I'm not gonna fucking open Fraps for doom - Xen

Saltmine

• Rookie
  • Getting traded out of teams at world record speeds
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2017, 02:50:12 AM »

Waivers exist to prevent certain teams not having an opportunity to grab good players. For instance, Dranzer was dropped this season by TPT. If waivers didn't exist and I knew that was about to happen, I could've immediately put in to pick up Dranzer as soon as I heard Tai was dropping him.

Waivers prevent league officials and "insiders" from being able to pick up recently dropped skill players quickly and to deter "skill dumping". It prevents a top team from grabbing these players before all teams have a fair opportunity to know that the player is available. The closer a team is to the bottom of the standings, the more priority they receive in claiming a player. That's why the bottom ranked SXP was able to claim Dranzer after Tai's drop instead of a top team like SUC or BST. If a player passes through the 2-day waiver period without being claimed, they are fair game to be added/dropped at any time (See: SUC adding Souler a week after he was dropped from SXP).

Aah, yes, I see.
But HumanBones said something during the regular season about submitting bids to him privately. How do these "bids" work, and how do they tie in with waivers?