News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Fall 2017 Exit Interviews  (Read 8388 times)

Ten

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: Fall 2017 Exit Interviews
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2017, 11:53:01 AM »
All in all, it's been a very solid and entertaining season so far. The WDL seems to be getting better and better with each passing season.

I'd like bring up something I mentioned in the previous seasons' exit interviews regarding the regular season point system. I still think it'd be a cool idea to consider the idea of implementing a 6-point system to replace the current 4-point system. I liked the model that Zakken had originally mocked up;

Code: [Select]
2-round win: 6 points
3-round win, enemy ties one of the rounds: 5 points
3-round win, enemy ties two of the rounds or wins one: 4 points
Tie: 3 points
3-round loss, enemy ties two of the rounds or loses one: 2 points
3-round loss, enemy ties one of the rounds: 1 point
2-round loss: 0 points

It would be a good way to more precisely show teams' performances in their games, and it would also more fairly distribute the appropriate amount of points in accordance with how a team performed on a given week. As I mentioned before, it's a bit unfair and also misleading that a team who wins 2-1-0 in a given week earns the same amount of points/standing as a team who wins 2-0-1, or conversely a team who loses 0-2-1 earning the same standings as a team who loses 1-2-0. Another added benefit it would add is that it would also reduce the amount of ties and needs for tiebreakers.