News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: WEEK 6 - PLAYOFF QUARTER-FINALS [NOV 27 - DEC 3] Discussion  (Read 4948 times)

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
  • Welcome 2 Your Own Death
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
WEEK 6 - PLAYOFF QUARTER-FINALS [NOV 27 - DEC 3] Discussion
« on: November 26, 2017, 05:55:22 PM »
Week 6 - PLAYOFF QUARTER-FINALS
November 27th - December 3rd

(#6) The Phantom Troupe [TPT]
Tai, D'Sparil, Razor, TMD
MAP02: Not Kansas (ZDU34)
vs
[TKV] Techno Vikings (#3)
Caution, Zakken, Infer, Godlike
MAP08: Something Epic (ZDCTF08)
Winner plays: [SUC] Super Chargers @ MAP28: BAD MOON (THIRTY16-25)

(#5) Damn! [DEM]
Rude, turSKA, Starrk, Halloween
MAP32: Insane Gunslinger Compound (THIRTY7-27)
vs
[GPS] Giant Pea Shooters (#4)
Alt_Stab, Denzoa, Tony, PerroNDoN
MAP18: Towering Gardens (CORE24)
Winner plays: [BST] Best Ever @ MAP23: Mercurial (RAGECTF10)

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
  • Welcome 2 Your Own Death
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
Re: WEEK 6 - PLAYOFF QUARTER-FINALS [NOV 27 - DEC 3] Discussion
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 06:10:04 PM »
omw to destroy everyone in these playoffs like https://youtu.be/4txVqr1eNwc?t=22s

r4z0r

• Unsportsmanlike
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 08:17:58 PM »
TPT vs TKV

I don't mean to be a debbie downer but im saddened that we didn't find a diff homefield for us nonetheless I hope we can adapt and I feel very confident in the map08 matches as I think that Tai's wise experience on this map alongside d'sparil's clearing out mid fragging style with my super "im good at 08" style running will seal the deal. Not sure how either team sizes up on map02 but it will be interesting to see the match play out :) Also jake is TKV's power player for map08 and I don't see him being able to handle 3 positions at the same time. if he D's TKV's O power is weakened, if jake runs then their D is hampered.

TPT 3-2 tkv(6 rounds[one is a tie])

DEM vs GPS

On paper both of these teams look very evenly matched however my gut is telling me to go with DEM simply because of the fact that everybody on dem seems to just walk through everything I throw at them. And this isn't a personal complaint, I've talked to multiple people about this and they all agree with me that for some reason, Rude, turSKA and their merry gang take just a fraction of the damage that anyone else would take. Now on paper ignoring these ammar shields, GPS would seem to have the upper hand with overall player skill level and their map playing extremely well to Alt-Stab's strengths however I just don't see GPS being able to land shots consistently on DEM, and what would be a crucial save right before DEM captures the game winning flag could turn into a measly 15 dmg shot from point blank, letting DEM walk flag after flag into their own base.

DEM 3-2 GPS

RoSKing

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 07:18:25 PM »
TPT vs TKV

I think that these games will be closer than people believe.

Map08

Starting off the first two rounds on map08, I believe that TKV will have a hard time getting past TPT, but I also feel that TKV has more offensive capability than TPT does. I would say Razor is probably a better runner than Infer/Godlike on this map, but I think Caution as a second runner will be able to help secure more flags than Tai/D'Sparil. I haven't seen too much of D'Sparil running, and I do believe that he has some tricks to bring to the table; However, I think Caution has more experience making runs/timed pushes on this map.

Tai won't be a push over, but D'Sparil will need to be aware of when to pull back and help Tai. Over committing for TPT will be the death of them, and Tai isn't one to give his team mates enough notice of when to help him. By the time he says anything, the runner is already at middle and making their way into the base. I honestly would probably have D'Sparil D and Tai mid, as I believe that Tai would be a better support and would provide more of a straight forward pressure that would free razor up to make some bigger plays. Knowing Tai, he would rather trust in his own ability to defend and put D'Sparil on mid. Depending on how D'Sparil or Tai plays mid on this map is the key to whether or not TPT has success here.

Zakken has a lot of defensive experience here and I believe will make the appropriate communication calls for TKV to help their flag stay safe. I'm asssuming if Infer plays that he will want to be mid, but I think that he plays too conservatively to be effective. I would put Godlike or Infer on offense, have them zombie run and occassionally try to rocket jump, while Caution tries to sneak into the base as a Mid while helping Zakken out when he needs it. There are some players that can O by themselves on this map, but in high competitive play this map can be very grindy. You will need to have a distraction and someone who can either support them or sneak out of the base after they've made their move.

I believe that the finesse/communication style that TKV has will be more critical on this map, TPT will trip over each other on offense due to lack of practice and the mid not adapting their playstyle around the rest of the team thus suffering from a few critical plays going wrong for them.

The second match of map08, I feel TPT will try to play more passively and will cause a stalemate for both teams to make it either a scoreless match or very low scoring match.

Map08 TKV 1-0-1

Map02

Moving onto Map02, I think that this is where TPT has a little bit more of an edge. The map is insanely small, and plays to the aggressive style of TPT. TKV can be just as aggressive, but I feel they are more of a finesse/communication styled team than they are aggressive. I believe that if TKV plays this map conservatively with one runner pushing, that it will end badly for them. I feel like TPT can control this map with pure fragging, and it will go in their favor if TKV doesn't try to spread them out. I think that the first round will go to TPT, but I also think that Caution will be able to adjust his play style by the second match to spread TPT out enough to have Zakken feel comfortable, make critical saves and supporting his flag carrier.

Map02 TKV 1-1 TPT

Map08

Moving back to Map08, with TPT having their backs against the wall; I'm assuming that they will apply a very heavy pressure strategy to try and contain TKV as best as they can and try to get them to leak. It might work out, or it might allow TKV to sneak in and exploit them. Again with the finesse/communication style of TKV, I think it will allow them to adapt to TPT's play style and secure them the victory.

Map08 TKV 1-0 TPT

Overall TKV 3-1-1 TPT

==================================================================================

GPS vs DEM

I believe that this will be another close playoff game. I believe that the communication style favors GPS this time where as the aggressive style favors DEM this time. I think that the week 2 game of DEM taking GPS 2-0 provides backing for this idea, as it is a map that seems to favor aggressive teams but at the same time requires some level of communication.

Map18

Starting off on Map18 will be huge in providing GPS momentum through this series. It's a map that Stab has shown time and again he is comfortable on. I think Stab could utilize himself as an efficient mid player here as he knows how defense works here and could potentially provide more finesee to offense to secure more flags out. I'd imagine that Perro would run and I believe that Denzoa could provide a good defense here as the map seems to favor defensive players more than offensive.

With DEM having Rude, Turska and Starrk/Halloween. It's hard for me to picture how they would play this out in their heads. Personally, I would like to see a heavy offense with Turska and Rude, either of them playing mid or offense; With Halloween/Starrk on defense. If either Starrk/Halloween can let Rude/Turska know when they are in trouble, the map is large enough to give them enough time to help cut off at middle and keep their flag secure. This map heavily favors defense, and I believe that the best bet is to put as much offensive pressure on until your Defense is in trouble. If DEM plays to their strengths and can effectively communicate with each other, then I think they could give GPS a run for their money here.

Map18 GPS 1-1 DEM

Map32

Moving onto DEM's map32, while I believe that it does favor them; I believe that they could be exploited here if they don't position themselves correctly. I would again put either Halloween/Starrk on D, and just have Rude/Turksa play a rotating offensive combo to apply pressure and help their Defense whenever necessary. This is another map that heavily favors Defense, so I believe that putting your best offensive pressure on this map will get you a lot farther than putting one of your best players on defense. Rude and Turska as an offensive combo, especially on maps like this could be deadly. They both have huge awareness, and are very finesee type players. It would be ideal for them to use this to their advantage and to find anyway to exploit the defense of GPS.

I believe that this map actually somewhat compliments GPS' lineup, as I feel that the positions for their team should be pretty straight forward on how to line themselves up. Tony/Denzoa on defense to secure the base, while having perrondon and stab provide offensive pressure that will help them exploit DEM's defense. If DEM's defense isn't spot on then I can imagine GPS being able to exploit them pretty easily. I believe Tony has played this map in a season and provided a great defense, and I don't think Denzoa will have any trouble doing the same. I think the critical part here will be how well perrondon can run, and how well Stab can float between helping his defense when necessary and exploiting DEM's defense.

I believe that both teams are very capable of exploiting each other, and I think that this will be a huge tug of war style kind of matches. I think both teams excel in each other's disadvantages, and that will make for exciting games on this map. I think DEM will take the first round on this map, but I think that GPS will clutch out with some adaptation and better communication.

Map32 GPS 1 - 1 DEM

Map18

Then to end the final round back on GPS homefield Map18, at this point I think both teams will be very worn out, and be at each other's necks constantly. I expect DEM to try to switch their positions from how they initially played the first couple of rounds, with Rude on defense to keep them safe, while putting Starrk on offense with most likely Turska on mid to put just enough pressure to clutch out one cap and keep GPS at bay.

With GPS I feel like they should stick to what they have known to  work through out this entire series and from what they have practiced. They really don't have any reason to go outside of their comfort zone, and I think that depending on how well the offense plays on GPS will dictate the end result of this match.

I think that DEM could out finesee GPS here which would win them this round, but I think that GPS will probably feel comfortable enough to secure the win through consistency and communication.

Map18 GPS 1-0 DEM

Overall GPS 3-2 DEM

Avc

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 09:01:00 PM »
all the time you took to write that i went out and got married

also tkv vs tpt - razor will ezily win this bc i believe in him and he is good at doom. as long as tai doesn't leave d for a bucket of kfc (xd rhymed) ez 3-2-1 tpt. make me proud razor (pls)

gps vs dem - well uh u see we have a good match here and well gps will probably win this 3-1 srry dem i love u guys tho
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 09:02:57 PM by Avc »

Cartel

• Rookie
  • WDL Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 11:43:48 PM »
17-2-1 on the season with my predictions.  Not too bad.

In week one, I had a feeling GPS was going to beat TKV and they did.  Getting that same feeling with TPT.  I think they end TKV's season today. TPT W

I really hope GPS wins because I do not want to play Map32.  Not a horrible map, but I'm not a fan.  Personally, I could see GPS with the sweep on this one.  Alt is insanely good at D on map18.  DEM might get a cap or two, but I just don't see them getting the win there.  GPS W