News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: WEEK 8 - WDL DEMONSPHERE CHAMPIONSHIP CLASSIC VIII [DEC 11 - DEC 17] Discussion  (Read 6458 times)

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
  • Welcome 2 Your Own Death
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
Week 8 - THE WDL DEMONSPHERE CHAMPIONSHIP CLASSIC VIII
December 11th - December 17th

(#3) Techno Vikings [TKV]
Caution, Zakken, Infer, Godlike
MAP08: Something Epic (ZDCTF08)
vs
[BST] Best Ever (#1)
RoSKing, Avc, Cartel, Dastan
MAP23: Mercurial (RAGECTF10)

r4z0r

• Unsportsmanlike
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
jake had his hand chewed off due to an accident at his dog walking business but still went full dora the explorer mode and carried the shit out of his team

tkv win ??? unless avc decides to actually dedicate time off rapping to practicing for wdl

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
jake had his hand chewed off due to an accident at his dog walking business but still went full dora the explorer mode and carried the shit out of his team
I know this is just a meme but give Infer and I some credit too, we've been working our asses off to make it this far
 :vincecry

Cartel

• Rookie
  • WDL Newcomer
    • View Profile
If there's a rookie of the year award, Infer definitely deserves that.  He's been playing extremely well.

Alt_Stab

• WDL Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
Agreed. Infer has been excellent. He works really well with Jake at mid. This should be a great matchup. Don't have a prediction yet besides that I think it will go at least 5.

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
Infer is technically new to the WDL, but he's been playing competitively for nearly as long as I have. He also played in the last IDL season's MasterBowl. I think the rookie of the year award should go to somebody who's actually relatively new to this side of competition, like Cartel or Razor. But either way is fine by me!

r4z0r

• Unsportsmanlike
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
Infer is technically new to the WDL, but he's been playing competitively for nearly as long as I have. He also played in the last IDL season's MasterBowl. I think the rookie of the year award should go to somebody who's actually relatively new to this side of competition, like Cartel or Razor. But either way is fine by me!

Cartel was around for much longer than I have been in the competitive ctf scene I only started after I joined a3 about a year ago (summer of 2016)

Alt_Stab

• WDL Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
I agree on Cartel. Def in the running for rookie of the year. Cartel has been consistently good, holding his own against top competition on a game by game basis. BST as a whole has played awesome, and I think Rosking has been a top 1 or 2 player this year, and definitely should be in the running for captain of the year. Also I agree all of TKV has played really well. Jake has been awesome again this year. Infer, as stated before, has been great. And even Godlike has made big-time contributions. Should be an excellent matchup.  :gladi8rup

Ralphis

• 0 time WDL Champion
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
BST has really been a great team that has flown under the radar despite their record. That might have to do with their fairly light schedule early in the season (they played the bottom 3 teams). But Rosking has done an excellent job. Early in the season, I didn't think they would be able to get a lot done with Cartel as a newcomer and Dastan as an off-the-street pickup that could only play one day per week.

I was very wrong. Rosking has BST rolling with captain-of-the-year credentials. He went into a playoff game against a very, very good DEM squad and beat them without the league leading runner AVC. Cartel has made a strong case for rookie of the year for sure.

Caution has whined both seasons about being captain - why that is I cannot figure out. He had the first and only perfect regular season for any team ever last season and has continued that dominance into the fall. After dropping their first game of the season, TKV has been on a 6-game win streak heading into the championship match. He's a great captain and his players have been great as well. Zakken has dealt nearly 700 more damage per round than anybody else in the league this season. Infer is near the top in flag touches per round.

This battle is going to come down to the homefields. If BST can win their first two rounds, I think they take this game. Then again, I thought that would stop TKV against us last week. At the end of the day, I think TKV edges out BST 3-2-1 in 6 rounds.

:kobe2