News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: WEEK 4 - MAP07 CORE09 [MAR 5 - MAR 11] Discussion  (Read 5742 times)

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
  • Welcome 2 Your Own Death
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
WEEK 4 - MAP07 CORE09 [MAR 5 - MAR 11] Discussion
« on: March 04, 2018, 07:04:27 PM »
Week 4 - MAP07:  Obsidian Outpost (CORE09)
March 5th - March 11th

Professional Esports Enthusiasts [PEE]
razor, turSKA, Dranzer, PerroNDoN
4 pts (1-2-0)
vs
[BSK] Berserker Packers
Zakken, Halloween, SkullRush, OurHero
0 pts (0-3-0)

The Phantom Troupe [TPT]
Tai, Caution, Dastan, Starrk
7 pts (1-1-1)
vs
[SUC] Super Chargers
Ralphis, Jwarrier, Souler, Hugoxds
9 pts (2-0-1)

Sexual Panthers [SXP]
HumanBones, Rude, Tony, Unknown
5 pts (1-2-0)
vs
[GPS] Giant Pea Shooters
Alt+Stab, DevastatioN, Denzoa, ALMN
8 pts (2-1-0)

Best Ever [BST]
RoSKing, Infer, Legion, Quiksilver
8 pts (2-1-0)
vs
[QMP] Quantum Power
Dsparil, Dragon, Langrenus, im1hpu0
7 pts (1-0-2)

Dsparil

• Journeyman
  • Face Oblivion
    • View Profile
Re: WEEK 4 - MAP07 CORE09 [MAR 5 - MAR 11] Discussion
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 11:54:13 AM »
ah yes, time for my favorite part of wdl, the predictions, I just wish more people would participate, just put the results you expect atleast, anyways here is mine:

PEE vs BSK: 2-0 PEE if razor plays, 2-1 BSK if razor doesn't.

TPT vs SUC: game of the week, two top tier plays along with a good third on both teams, I think this will be a tie.
1-1-1

SXP vs GPS: potentially game of the week, 2-1 SXP if denzoa tilts, 2-1 GPS if he doesn't(highly unlikely).

BST vs QMP:  :rock

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
  • Welcome 2 Your Own Death
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 01:36:33 PM »
TPT gets the map author privilege and gives SUC their first loss of the season

GPS explodes and causes nuclear winter if Denzoa tilts, sends SXP to the shadow realm if he doesn't

BST bounces back from their last loss and barely beats QMP

Ten

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 07:46:37 PM »
What an explosive week, all four matches should be solid games.

PEE played surprisingly well last week without their captain, and held QMP to a narrow loss. If Razor shows up this time, PEE will hopefully have some rebound energy and looking to collect a second W. Meanwhile BSK is in a very tight spot playoff-wise, if they lose 0-2 again this week they will be mathematically eliminated from playoff contention. If they tie or even take a point, they will still remain in playoff contention but on unlikely tiebreaking scenarios in which they would probably lose. In other words, they *desperately* need a win this week to stay alive. Zakken is a very powerful D on this map, and SkullRush is a solid runner here, so if can orchestrate some solid mid chemistry with Dosu/Hero, they might have a chance. PEE is a bit stronger on paper, as their main Razor/Turska/Dranz lineup is certainly a playoff-worthy team. I think PEE's stronger fraggers and mid coordination will eventually overwhelm BSK in two rounds, ending BSK's playoff run.

PEE 2-0

Game of the week is probably gonna go to SUC vs TPT. Both teams have incredible starting duos, backed by solid 3rds. TPT is hot off their 2-0 win against a then-undefeated GPS, and I am quite sure this is a map that they're going to excel on. Jake is the god of mid, and he will be the key player in this matchup. I don't see Souler being placed on O or D, which means Ralph and Jwar will have to be careful to communicate and organize some team plays with Souler in mid. In the end, I think TPT will net the win after a first-round tie.

TPT 2-0-1

SXP rose from the dead with their impressive win over BST last week, reminding everyone that they're a playoff-worthy team and I'm curious to see how they play fresh off a win. GPS on the other hand, suffered a brutal 0-2 loss to TPT last week after a strong 8-point start to their season and will most likely be getting a lot of practice in to bounce back into the top seeds. I see GPS possessing more team chemistry on this map, I think Stab and Denz will shut things down, and help give GPS their third win and into high-seed territory.

GPS 2-0

BST was looking red hot for a while there, until their momentum was stopped by a brick wall laid down by SXP last week. Knowing Rosking, BST will be in heavy-duty practice mode during the week to help make sure they don't get burned again. They're going to need it too, because QMP is going to give them one hell of a challenge. QMP's sheer fragpower, aided by expert plays from Dragon, are going to make them very hard to beat on this map. BST can do it, if they practice enough they will certainly generate enough team energy to beat QMP. But will they generate enough? I think QMP will frag their way to victory this week, edging out BST in three grindy rounds.

QMP 2-1

RoSKing

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 08:54:33 PM »
PEE vs BSK
I would really like to see BSK win this game, I believe that they are very capable of doing so but over confidence could be the death of Zakken against a rookie captain such as Razor. If Razor's full team actually plays, they will bring a lot of heavy frag power to the field on this frag oriented map. I believe to contest this Zakken should practice with Dosu this week. He might find success with the skullrush/ourhero combo, but Dosu has shown heavy frag performances in past seasons and I think it would be wise to utilize that as a means to maintain map dominance. Turska/Dranzer are heavy fraggers, and I've seen a little heavy fragging out of razor at times. I believe this map focuses around out fragging and plays out like a tug of war match. I think PEE on paper will be able to out frag BSK and clutch it specifically due to power, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if I saw BSK take this as I think they are very capable of contesting that power with their own given the right amount of practice. I'm going with the upset because I think Zakken will try hard enough to make it work.

PEE 1 - 2 BSK

TPT vs SUC
This is going to be a crazy match. I feel that Starrk might help provide more frag power for TPT, but Dastan might provide more efficency as a runner; Both are viable options. SUC's team looks to have a comparable fragging ability to TPT, but that idea could also be dependent on what position each player is in. Souler might not be able to provide enough fragging power if he runs; He might not have the experience to frag while trying to move efficiently towards the flag or out of the base as some of us might feel. If he can identify when to utilize his fragging power to back up his runner and rotate when he's next in line for the flag; I think SUC can see a lot of success here. However, I think TPT already has complete awareness of how to go about this map. I also think they have more flexibility/options given their team. I think they will adapt to SUC's play style if Tai decides to make good decisions.

TPT 2-1 SUC

SXP vs GPS

SXP blew my mind last week, and they definitely have exceeded my expectations. However when we look at last week's map and it plays immensely different than the other maps this season. I think the map this week follows a very simple forward grindfest where out fragging is all that is necessary to contain control and momentum. Weeks 1 and 2 we saw the same sort of map and SXP seems to fluster on those types of maps. Bones, Rude and Tony are great players and fraggers; I've seen spectacular fragging play out of every one of them. I am more familar with Devastation and Denzoa though, and that fragging combo is scary. I believe SXP can see a lot of success here with rude and tony rotating mid/o and bones on D. If bones decides to follow a rotation strategy when he has offensive pressure and communicates properly to his team, I think they can overwhelm GPS; They will need all the extra aggression they can get to penetrate GPS. Stab is a good runner, I think that he lacks the frag power the most out of everyone here; But being a runner, all that's necessary is making the right kills to make your break through. I believe SXP can make things happen, however SXP has saw a lot of failure on fraggy maps where GPS hasn't. I'd like to see SXP steal this, but I'm leaning towards the Denzoa/Devastation combo over Bones/Rude on paper; I think that will edge it for GPS

SXP 1-2 GPS

Alt_Stab

• WDL Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 07:29:10 AM »
BSK vs PEE:

I think this is a map that BSK plays well on, and they've prepared themselves as best they can from what I've seen this week. That said, I think it's really up to PEE. In my opinion they have the frag power to win this if they use their optimal lineup and get some practice in. I think BSK takes a round, but PEE eventually catches their stride and takes the match 2-1.   :vince6

SUC vs TPT
This seems like a fairly even matchup. I don't see one team having a significant frag or strategy advantage, which should lead to a long match with lots of lead changes. I'm really just throwing a dart here, but I'll say SUC squeaks out the win, 2-1.     :vince4

BST vs QMP
Due to conflicting schedules, it appears that QMP might be missing one of their starters for the game, and if that's the case, I think BST will be too much to handle. BST 2-0.   :vince2

Jwarrier

• Posts too much
  • REG
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 05:07:03 AM »
BSK vs PEE
PEE 2-1

SXP vs GPS
SXP 2-1

BST vs QMP
BST 1-0-2

Souler

• Journeyman
  • Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 01:55:40 PM »
BSK vs PEE

BSK needs to win or dies. :psyboom

If Razor shows up and leads his team as a captain they can win, if not maybe Zakken, Hero and SKR can pull out an strat to win here...

But who knows?
PEE 2-1

BST vs QMP

Unbeaten QMP vs BST

I don't see D'Sparil/Dragon giving up so easy, This is one of the match nobody should miss!

In the other hand, If QMP cant make it to play with their starters, they might lose.

BST 2-0

SXP vs GPS

I love GPS and SXP, both strong teams made of veterans and experienced players

SXP 1-1-1 GPS

SUC vs TPT (The patrol of Tai)

:blink
Tai D:

Tai

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2018, 11:26:26 AM »
PEE vs BSK

Both teams looking to bounce back from defeats this week, including PEE last week being without their captain Razor cause reasons. On paper, I think PEE has better fragging power on a pretty grindy map, while BSK with the right lineup can possibly be shifty enough to offset PEE's fragging prowess. Also, BSK has been practicing much more and I think have a better idea of how to tackle this map, so I'll go with them in a narrow win.

BSK 2-1

SXP vs GPS

SXP may be rounding into form this season after putting it to BST last week, while GPS is recovering from their defeat to TPT (oh hi). I think SXP is slightly more diverse than GPS, and that will play to SXP's advantage depending on how they decide to matchup on positions. Thus, I think SXP squeaks this one out in 3 and starts announcing themselves as a legit team.

SXP 2-0-1

BST vs QMP

A game to watch for sure. QMP's coming off an impressive victory to PEE considering QMP was also playing with their assumed 4th. Now they face BST, not at all happy with the defeat to SXP after starting their season 2-0. As I may have said before, I think BST's one of the more diverse teams in the league this season, and even Map07 is a little fraggier than last week, I think that will serve them well, especially if it's true that QMP won't be at full strength. So that said, I have to go with BST to bounce back this week in a big way.

BST 2-0

TPT vs SUC

Ralphis

• 0 time WDL Champion
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2018, 01:48:16 PM »
PEE vs BSK

Probably one of the most important games of the week. A PEE victory pretty much eliminates BSK from playoff contention while a BSK victory keeps both within reach. Unfortunately, BSK just hasn't been able to put it together yet. If there's any week to do it, it's this one.

PEE 2-1

SXP vs GPS

SXP hit their stride, GPS hit the wall, and both should center up. SXP has momentum, they probably take a win here.

SXP 2-0

BST vs QMP

Two very good squads. QMP hasn't eaten a loss yet, but only has one win. BST lost last week, but had resounding victories in their first two contests. RosKing's continues his MVP bid and propels BST over QMP this week in a very close game.

BST 2-0-1