News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: WEEK 5 - MAP14 CORE26 [MAR 12 - MAR 18] Discussion  (Read 5601 times)

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
  • Welcome 2 Your Own Death
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
WEEK 5 - MAP14 CORE26 [MAR 12 - MAR 18] Discussion
« on: March 11, 2018, 04:45:35 PM »
Week 5 - MAP14: Mephitic Waste (CORE26)
March 12th - March 18th

Best Ever [BST]
RoSKing, Infer, Legion, Quiksilver
12 pts (3-1-0)
vs
[GPS] Giant Pea Shooters
Alt+Stab, DevastatioN, Denzoa, ALMN
10 pts (2-1-1)

The Phantom Troupe [TPT]
Tai, Caution, Dastan, Starrk
7 pts (1-2-1)
vs
[SXP] Sexual Panthers
HumanBones, Rude, Tony, Unknown
7 pts (1-2-1)

Berserker Packers [BSK]
Zakken, Halloween, SkullRush, OurHero
4 pts (1-3-0)
vs
[QMP] Quantum Power
Dsparil, Dragon, Langrenus, im1hpu0
7 pts (1-1-2)

Super Chargers [SUC]
Ralphis, Jwarrier, Souler, Hugoxds
13 pts (3-0-1)
vs
[PEE] Professional Esports Enthusiasts
razor, turSKA, Dranzer, PerroNDoN
4 pts (1-3-0)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 05:19:15 PM by Zakken »

Dsparil

• Journeyman
  • Face Oblivion
    • View Profile
Re: WEEK 5 - MAP14 CORE26 [MAR 12 - MAR 18] Discussion
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 01:01:50 AM »
BST vs GPS: Game of the week, 2-1 BST

TPT vs SXP: 2-1 SXP

BSK vs QMP:  :austin

SUC vs PEE: 2-0 SUC

Jwarrier

• Posts too much
  • REG
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 04:52:12 AM »
BST vs GPS
2-0 BST

Map heavily favors BST.

TPT vs SXP

2-1 Game of the week, TPT wins in a close one.

BSK vs QMP
2-1 BSK

Upset time.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 08:37:55 PM by Jwarrier »

Souler

• Journeyman
  • Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 03:06:23 PM »
BST vs GPS

BST 2-1

TPT vs SXP
1-1-1

BSK vs QMP

I wanna see Dosu on playoffs but.. QMP seems to have more experience on this map

SUC vs PEE
Perro... amigo...
 :gladi8rdown

SkullRush

• Rookie
  • Check my YT channel booiis! https://goo.gl/8a4XSN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 07:54:38 PM »
BST 2-1 GPS
TPT 1-1-1 SXP
SUC 2-0 PEE
BSK maybe 2-0, 2-1-0, 1-1-1, 0-1-2, 0-2 maybe QMP (im probably right about this one easy)

Alt_Stab

• WDL Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 06:43:43 AM »
TPT vs SXP:

A week 5 matchup between two of the three teams tied in the standings at 7 points apiece, this is easily the match-up of the week. Neither team got a dub in week 4, and both want at least 1 point to make sure they're not at risk of missing the playoffs, so I expect a playoff type atmosphere. And with both teams packed with veterans this should be a hell of a game. That said, I think Rude's running style fits this map perfectly, and he puts SXP over the top. SXP 2-1.  :vince4

BSK vs QMP:

BSK is fighting for a playoff spot and needs a 2-0 win to make that happen. Can they do it? Yes. Will they? I say they take a round, but in the end QMP proves too much to handle and takes a close one. QMP 2-1.   :vince3

SUC vs PEE:

The undefeated number one team in the league faces off against the other team this week that needs a 2-0 win to have a chance at making the playoffs. The difference in this matchup is that PEE's captain has been asleep at the wheel for much of the season, and although they have the talent to pull off a win here, they'll need to focus as a team to make it happen. However, I remain dubious that Razor will put forth the effort, and it's more likely that SUC pulls away early en route to a big victory. SUC 2-0.  :vince5 

BST vs GPS:

:vincemoney :vincemoney :vincemoney
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 09:21:16 AM by Alt_Stab »

Infer

• Rookie
  • Para com essa porra aê tá viajando
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 09:13:27 AM »
TPT vs SXP

Both teams have tricky runners(Rude and Dastan) that know how to abuse rocket jumps so this is going to get down to every player's fragging power as in clutch kills/saves. Their momentum is not good: TPT is coming from a loss against SUC, and SXP from a heartbreaking tie against a ~weaker~ GPS. They both need at least 1 point to keep fighting so this is game of the week for me.

I predict TPT has an edge here and will win in 3 rounds.

TPT 2-1

BSK vs QMP

BSK is going to fight with all of their power coming into this one, they need a 2-0 against QMP and it's gonna be really tough. The european duo's fragging power is way too strong for the Berserker Packers, so unless both Skullrush and Ourhero go tricky and abuse rocket jumps and lift jumps, I don't see them overcoming Quantum Power. This sure will be a close series.

I BELIEVE IN ZAKKEN!

BSK 2-0

SUC vs PEE

This will come down to whether Razor decides to wake up and actually do captain stuff like praccing with his team or not. So, unless that happens it will be SUC's easiest swipe of the season. Even though it's a very hard job for PEE to win against Ralphis, I think they can take 1 round out of the Super Chargers.

SUC 2-1

BST vs GPS

juiz.gif" border="0
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 10:48:14 AM by Infer »

Ten

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2018, 02:58:39 PM »
Ah, week 5. The week of intense playoff-determining games. The fight for the lower seeds should be interesting, the possible seeding scenarios are rather interesting this season.

PEE showed signs of life in week 2 with their surprise win over SXP, but have completely fumbled that potential momentum with 5 winless rounds since then. If Razor wants to salvage his season, he's going to have to practice his ass off with Tursk/Dranz if they want to make it to playoffs. If PEE loses here, they will be eliminated and their season over. SUC, meanwhile, is looking rather collected with an undefeated season so far. The Ralph/Jwar vortex has been incredibly strong this season, could this finally be Ralph's first WDL championship? I feel like this map heavily favors teams with strong chemistry, and SUC has plenty of it. I see SUC coming into this game with much more cohesion and communication than PEE will have, and while it's certainly possible PEE could pull an upset and win a round, I don't think they will have the stamina to keep up with SUC in the long run. SUC defeats PEE in 3 rounds, ending PEE's playoff run and securing SUC a first-round bye.

SUC 2-0-1

Game of the week is going to have to go to TPT vs SXP. The two teams are completely tied in points and record, each securing only one win so far despite having strong lineups. While it might be hard to believe, both teams aren't guaranteed playoffs yet. If this game is a 2-0 match and BSK or PEE earns 4 points, the loser will be eliminated. SXP would also face elimination with a 0-2 loss and a PEE victory of any kind. Both teams have a rock-solid defense, so how the teams coordinate their offense is going to be the key factor in this game. I think it would be wise for Tai to play Dastan this time around, as they will have a tough time scoring without him. Tai is a very strong D [insert "Tai left D" meme], and I suspect Dastan and Caution will be executing some high-level offensive plays. I'm curious to see how well Rude will able to get past TPT's defense with the strong support of Bones and Tony. I expect a grindy game here, but in the end I think Dastan will hero his way to TPT's second victory, clinching a playoff seed and leaving SXP's playoffs fate to the results of the SUC/PEE match.

TPT 2-1

GPS was forced to play without Denzoa yet again last week against SXP, but Stab and Dev managed to press on with their 4th and earn an impressive from-behind last-minute tie, keeping them in high-seed territory. Both teams have already clinched playoffs at high seeds, and this game will be a fight for a first-round bye. This will be a tough game for GPS, as this looks like a map BST will excel on. I see BST coming into this game with more offensive force, whereas GPS will come in with their heavy fraggy defensive game. BST can frag just as easily as GPS however, which means GPS will have to get some serious practice in to coordinate their offensive front if they want to beat BST here. I can easily see GPS turtling down on defense and keeping a round to a low-scoring tie, but in the end I think RosKing's heavy practice and teamwork will net them the win this week, securing BST a first-round bye while GPS awaits their seed placement from the TPT/SXP/QMP games.

BST 2-0-1

QMP suffered a brutal 0-2 loss last week to BST without their star player, and as a result left them in a desperate fight for playoff points. As with TPT and SXP, QMP still faces possible elimination thanks to being only 3 points ahead of the bottom seeds. If BSK wins in any fashion here, QMP will be eliminated from playoffs while BSK could possibly clinch depending on the results of the SUC/PEE and TPT/SXP games. That being said, it's unlikely we will see that happen. BSK did earn an unexpected 2-0 win last week, but over the other troubled team in the league. Assuming Dragon plays this time, it is going to be an extremely difficult game for BSK. Sparil has incredible fragging power, and Dragon is one of the best players in the league. Backed with a solid 3rd in im1hpu0, QMP is going to be coming into this game rock-solid, starving for that playoff-clinching second W. BSK does have Zakken on defense, which could stave off QMP for a little while, but I just don't see Dosu and Hero possessing the offensive strength to get past QMP's frag-heavy defense. QMP defeats BSK in two rounds, clinching a playoff spot and ending BSK's season.

QMP 2-0

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018, 10:39:08 PM »
Week 5 Playoff Picture

1st. [SUC] Super Chargers
Clinched #3 seed or higher

#1 seed requirements:
- A 2-round win against PEE.
- A 3-round win against PEE if BST does not win in 2 rounds or if SXP and BSK win (one of them in 2 rounds).
- A tie against PEE if BST does not win.
- A 3-round loss against PEE if BST ties and SXP gains more points than QMP, or if GPS wins in 3 rounds.

#2 seed requirements:
- A 3-round win against PEE if BST wins in 2 rounds and SXP and BSK don't win (one of them in 2 rounds).
- A tie against PEE if BST wins.
- A 3-round loss against PEE if BST wins, or if BST ties and QMP gains more points than BSK, or if GPS wins in 2 rounds.
- A 2-round loss against PEE if GPS does not win in 3 rounds and BSK gains more points than QMP.

2nd. [BST] Best Ever
Clinched #3 seed or higher

#1 seed requirements:
- A 2-round win against GPS if SUC does not win in 2 rounds and SXP and BSK don't win (one of them in 2 rounds).
- A 3-round win against GPS if SUC does not win.
- A tie against GPS if SUC loses in 2 rounds, or if SUC loses in 3 rounds and QMP gains more points than SXP.

#2 seed requirements:
- A 2-round win against GPS if SUC wins in 2 rounds, or if SUC wins in 3 rounds and SXP and BSK win (one of them in 2 rounds).
- A 3-round win against GPS if SUC wins.
- A tie against GPS if SUC does not lose, or if SUC loses in 3 rounds and SXP gains more points than QMP.
- A 3-round loss against GPS if SUC loses in 2 rounds and SXP gains more points than QMP.

3rd. [GPS] Giant Pea Shooters
Clinched #5 seed or higher

#1 seed requirements:
- A 2-round win against BST if SUC loses in 2 rounds.

#2 seed requirements:
- A 2-round win against BST if SUC does not lose in 2 rounds.
- A 3-round win against BST.

#3 seed requirements:
- A tie against BST.
- A 3-round loss against BST if TPT vs SXP goes in 3 rounds, and QMP does not win in 2 rounds.
- A 2-round loss against BST if TPT and SXP tie, and QMP does not win.

#4 seed requirements:
- A 3-round loss against BST if TPT vs SXP goes in 2 rounds.
- A 2-round loss against BST if either a winner comes out of TPT vs SXP or QMP wins in 2 rounds.

4th. [SXP] Sexual Panthers
In playoff contention

#3 seed requirements:
- A 2-round win against TPT if GPS loses.
- A 3-round win against TPT if GPS loses in 2 rounds and QMP does not win in 2 rounds.

#4 seed requirements:
- A 2-round win against TPT if GPS does not lose.
- A 3-round win against TPT if either GPS does not lose in 2 rounds or QMP wins in 2 rounds.
- A tie against TPT if QMP does not win.

#5 seed requirements:
- A 3-round win against TPT if GPS does not lose in 2 rounds and QMP wins in 2 rounds.
- A tie against TPT if QMP wins.
- A 3-round loss against TPT if QMP loses in 3 rounds (or BSK wins in 2 rounds but PEE doesn't gain 2 or more points than BST) and PEE does not win in 2 rounds.

#6 seed requirements:
- A 3-round loss against TPT if either QMP does not lose (or BSK wins in 2 rounds and PEE gains 2 or more points than BST) or PEE wins in 2 rounds.
- A 2-round loss against TPT if BSK does not win in 3 rounds (if PEE gains more points than BST), and PEE does not win.

5th. [TPT] The Phantom Troupe
In playoff contention

#3 seed requirements:
- A 2-round win against SXP if GPS loses.
- A 3-round win against SXP if GPS loses in 2 rounds and QMP does not win in 2 rounds.

#4 seed requirements:
- A 2-round win against SXP if GPS does not lose.
- A 3-round win against SXP if either GPS does not lose in 2 rounds or QMP wins in 2 rounds.

#5 seed requirements:
- A 3-round win against SXP if GPS does not lose in 2 rounds and QMP wins in 2 rounds.
- A tie against SXP if QMP does not win.
- A 3-round loss against SXP if QMP loses in 3 rounds (or BSK wins in 2 rounds but GPS gains 2 or more points than PEE) and PEE does not win in 2 rounds.

#6 seed requirements:
- A tie against SXP if QMP wins.
- A 3-round loss against SXP if either QMP does not lose (or BSK wins in 2 rounds and GPS doesn't gain 2 or more points than PEE) or PEE wins in 2 rounds.
- A 2-round loss against SXP if BSK does not win in 3 rounds (if GPS doesn't gain 3 or more points than PEE), and PEE does not win.

6th. [QMP] Quantum Power
In playoff contention

#3 seed requirements:
- A 2-round win against BSK if GPS loses in 2 rounds and TPT vs SXP goes in 3 rounds.

#4 seed requirements:
- A 2-round win against BSK if either GPS does not lose in 2 rounds or TPT vs SXP goes in 2 rounds.
- A 3-round win against BSK if TPT and SXP tie.

#5 seed requirements:
- A 2-round win against BSK if GPS does not lose in 2 rounds and TPT vs SXP goes in 2 rounds.
- A 3-round win against BSK if a winner comes out of TPT vs SXP.
- A tie against BSK if a winner comes out of TPT vs SXP.
- A 3-round loss against BSK if TPT vs SXP goes in 2 rounds.

#6 seed requirements:
- A tie against BSK if TPT and SXP tie.
- A 3-round loss against BSK if TPT vs SXP goes in 3 rounds.

7th. [BSK] Berserker Packers
In playoff contention

#5 seed requirements:
- A 2-round win against QMP if TPT vs SXP goes in 2 rounds, otherwise if PEE gains 2 or more points than BST if SXP loses, or if GPS does not gain 2 or more points than PEE if TPT loses.

#6 seed requirements:
- A 2-round win against QMP if TPT vs SXP goes in 3 rounds and PEE does not gain 2 or more points than BST if SXP loses, or GPS gains 2 or more points than PEE if TPT loses.
- A 3-round win against QMP if TPT vs SXP goes in 2 rounds, PEE does not win in 2 rounds, and PEE gains more points than BST if SXP loses (or GPS does not gain 3 or more points than PEE if TPT loses).

8th. [PEE] Professional Esports Enthusiasts
In playoff contention

#6 seed requirements:
- A 2-round win against SUC if a winner comes out of TPT vs SXP and BSK does not win in 2 rounds.
- A 3-round win against SUC if TPT vs SXP goes in 2 rounds and BSK does not win.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 04:13:07 PM by Zakken »

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2018, 04:11:37 PM »
Playoff Picture - Simple Version

4th. [SXP] Sexual Panthers
Playoff requirements:
- A win or a tie against TPT.
- A 3-round loss against TPT if BSK defeats QMP in 3 rounds or PEE does not win in 2 rounds.
- A 2-round loss against TPT if BSK does not defeat QMP in 3 rounds (if PEE gains more points than BST), and PEE does not win.

5th. [TPT] The Phantom Troupe
Playoff requirements:
- A win or a tie against SXP.
- A 3-round loss against SXP if BSK defeats QMP in 3 rounds or PEE does not win in 2 rounds.
- A 2-round loss against SXP if BSK does not defeat QMP in 3 rounds (if GPS doesn't gain 3 or more points than PEE), and PEE does not win.

6th. [QMP] Quantum Power
Playoff requirements:
- A win or a tie against BSK.
- A 3-round loss against BSK if TPT vs SXP ends in 2 rounds or PEE does not win in 2 rounds.

7th. [BSK] Berserker Packers
Playoff requirements:
- A 2-round win against QMP.
- A 3-round win against QMP if TPT vs SXP ends in 2 rounds, PEE does not win in 2 rounds, and PEE gains more points than BST if SXP loses (or GPS does not gain 3 or more points than PEE if TPT loses).

8th. [PEE] Professional Esports Enthusiasts
Playoff requirements:
- A 2-round win against SUC if a winner comes out of TPT vs SXP and BSK does not win in 2 rounds.
- A 3-round win against SUC if TPT vs SXP goes in 2 rounds and BSK does not win.