News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: UT announcer and more Xhairs!  (Read 6694 times)

capo

• Banned
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • FW ON TOP!
UT announcer and more Xhairs!
« on: July 05, 2014, 06:11:55 AM »
Step 1:
In game , in sound options change announcer to "TEAM COLORS" this announcer also works with "POSSESIVE", but i think team colors announcer is better.

Step 2:
Download and install Slade.

Step 3:
Run slade and open your odamex.wad, you are looking for this files i marked in picture. So just press shift and mark files like i did in picture and press delete, this delete odamex default announcer.
Now we need ZVOX2oda you can download it from here. So open zvox2oda announcer in slade, you are looking for this files i marked in picture. So mark this files and pres ctrl+c and after change on odamex.wad tab and click on RAILGF1, this mark this file and you will paste files under this file, so now press ctrl+v. You could now see files from ZVOX2ODA.WAD in your odamex.wad. Now save your odamex.wad and you are done!

For lazy people you can just use my odamex.wad (this is stable 0.7 version) and put it to your odamex folder. But remember with every other release there will always default announcer, so you better learn this easy method i described. Also you can use any announcer, Ralphis' announcer  or Rottvox. The method is same for every announcer. Have fun!  8)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 08:03:06 AM by capodecima »

capo

• Banned
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • FW ON TOP!
More crosshairs you like?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 03:11:15 PM »
I just made some more crosshairs, odamex is very limited at the moment with crosshairs and you cant use more than 8 crosshairs.
I created 6 new modern crosshairs since i saw a lot zandro players use crazy crosshairs. So someone maybe find his favourite cross to kill ppl more easy. ^^
There is not skin folder on odamex like on zandronum, so you have to edit your odamex.wad. I edited in slade XHAIR3-8, there are still 2 classic crosshairs, bcz i think they are cool. You can use this odamex.wad. Just put it to your odamex folder and you are pretty much set.
In display options, section crosshair you can pick your new crosshair. I recomend use scale crosshair "off" or the cross will be really big or you like big crosshair ? Then let it "on". Keep fraggin!

PS. this odamex.wad is for odamex 0.7 stable version, there will odamex 0.7.1 soon, so you can find new version of odamex.wad with new crosshairs here at the time.

PS2. Here are some screenies http://imgur.com/a/nb1Sx

EDIT also this odamex.wad include the ZD announcer for CTF, this means you can play odamex with ZD sounds and zandro crosshairs but you still play odamex. WOW 10/10 this is a lot. xD

EDIT2 I think i fixed everything, the offset was not 100% correct, i noticed this during shoting rockets. ^^ Now it could be alright, also added new crosshair for best doom player Jenova. ^^
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 05:13:09 PM by capodecima »

capo

• Banned
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • FW ON TOP!
Re: More crosshairs you like?
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 05:15:37 PM »
REDOWNLOAD. :D

Xenaero

• Hall of Famer
  • http://xen.unidoom.org/christmas.mp3