News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: WEEK 6 - PLAYOFF QUARTER-FINALS [MAR 19 - MAR 25] Discussion  (Read 5080 times)

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
  • Welcome 2 Your Own Death
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
WEEK 6 - PLAYOFF QUARTER-FINALS [MAR 19 - MAR 25] Discussion
« on: March 18, 2018, 07:22:25 PM »
Week 6 - PLAYOFF QUARTER-FINALS
March 19th - March 25th

(#6) The Phantom Troupe [TPT]
Tai, Caution, Starrk, Dastan
MAP08: Something Epic (ZDCTF08)
vs
[GPS] Giant Pea Shooters (#3)
Alt_Stab, DevastatioN, Denzoa, ALMN
MAP01: Red Shift (CORE36)
Winner plays: [SUC] Super Chargers @ MAP28: BAD MOON (THIRTY16-25)

(#5) Sexual Panthers [SXP]
HumanBones, Rude, Tony, Unknown
MAP16: Return to Phobos (ZDCTF16)
vs
[QMP] Quantum Power (#4)
Dsparil, Dragon, im1hpu0, Taurustar
MAP25: Infection (RAGECTF21)
Winner plays: [BST] Best Ever @ MAP14: Mephitic Waste (CORE26)

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
Re: WEEK 6 - PLAYOFF QUARTER-FINALS [MAR 19 - MAR 25] Discussion
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 08:56:05 PM »
TPT vs GPS
The rematch from week 3, TPT clinically dismantled GPS's main line-up in Map12, and I believe that story will repeat itself here. Playoffs are where TPT's potential will truly come forth, and with a homefield like Map08, I don't see GPS having any plans that could possibly work against TPT's high-pressure offence. It must be stated, however, that GPS DOES have the homefield advantage, so while TPT should win as soon as they get favourable momentum, they'll have to work hard to pry it out of GPS's hands. I can see TPT practising a lot more than GPS this week as well, given Dev and Denzoa's crappy avails, which will further solidify TPT's impending victory. It is very unfortunate, but I predict Stab will lose his 3rd playoff quarterfinals in a row.
TPT 3-1 GPS

SXP vs QMP
This will be a hardcore grind, given both maps are heavily mid-centred and simplistic. QMP's been having a hard time lately, while SXP only gets better and better with each week. Both teams seem very accustomed to the best-of-5 struggle of playoffs, so adaptation will be key to pulling ahead. Rude has been SXP's star player, and finding ways to score in maps that don't have much room for tricks will be a true test for him. For QMP, it will be up to im1hpu0 to prove himself as the clutch factor that they need to bring those comebacks like they did in the first couple of weeks. I predict SXP will squeeze out that W once QMP eventually runs out of steam.
SXP 3-2-1 QMP

Dsparil

• Journeyman
  • Face Oblivion
    • View Profile
Re: WEEK 6 - PLAYOFF QUARTER-FINALS [MAR 19 - MAR 25] Discussion
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 10:05:24 AM »
TPT 3-2

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile