News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: WEEK 8 - WDL DEMONSPHERE CHAMPIONSHIP CLASSIC IX [APR 2 - APR 8] Discussion  (Read 4670 times)

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
  • Welcome 2 Your Own Death
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
Week 8 - THE WDL DEMONSPHERE CHAMPIONSHIP CLASSIC IX
April 2nd - April 8th

(#6) The Phantom Troupe [TPT]
Tai, Caution, Starrk, Dastan
MAP08: Something Epic (ZDCTF08)
vs
[BST] Best Ever (#1)
RoSKing, Infer, Legion, Quiksilver
MAP14: Mephitic Waste (CORE26)

Dsparil

• Journeyman
  • Face Oblivion
    • View Profile
probably going to be one of the best games played in wdl(not that I have seen much), BST is an unstoppable force with great teamwork who have excelled in most of their games so far, and their homefields is perfect for that. But tpt is not looking any less impressive with tai's solid defense and caution's superb adaptation. I think what will determine the outcome is who TPT plays as a third and in which homefield, in the end though I'll say that rosking comes out on top and takes his first championship home.
BST 3-2-1

r4z0r

• Unsportsmanlike
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
jake is literal human god at 08 and tai play good D cab and infer cant carry legion's benched masterbowl title hard enough and the cab curse of always ending 2nd place lives on yet again...

tpt win

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
  • Welcome 2 Your Own Death
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
This should be a very exciting one. The storylines here are great also! RoSKing makes #1 and reaches the grand finals for the third consecutive time as a captain and Infer is 3-for-3 in Doom league finals appearances. RoSKing could win his very first season, Infer could win a back-to-back title, and Legion could win his first season as a true starter. Meanwhile, Tai reaches the championship game for the first time as a captain (second time including IDL), Caution is there for the third time in a row, Dastan for the second time and Starrk for the first time since Summer 2016. This could be Tai's second WDL title, Caution's back-to-back-to-back championship and a first title for Starrk and Dastan.

BST struggled a decent bit against SXP in their own homefield, so their leverage against TPT on Map14 is not as great as it could be. They did, however, pull a very clutch couple of captures on game 5, tipping the scales of an intense match. On the flipside, TPT's otherwise massive Map08 leverage is not as terrifying against BST since they are, in my opinion, the only team in this season that could possibly keep up with TPT's pace in their dreaded homefield. TPT won't be able to rely on solid Map08 victories alone as they did in their previous matches, as they will need to convincingly surpass BST in Map14 to face favourable odds of victory. With Tai and Caution vs RoSKing and Infer being pretty much a battle of gods in its own right, the deciding factor will be, as per usual, the third players and how they'll coordinate with the rest of their respective teams. Will Starrk provide enough pressure to bring flags home? Will Dastan make BST's defence look stupid? Or will Legion make enough calculated plays to give BST the edge instead? I'll go out on a limb and say this will go to game 6, as BST and TPT alternate wins between each round and tie game 5; BST finally figures TPT out and mounts a close final victory to win the season. Regardless of the result, if you don't listen to Ultimate Battle while watching this match, you're doing something wrong.
BST 3-2-1 TPT
Brasil!

Ten

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
There's a significant gap between the top 3 and bottom 3 players of the starting 6 in this matchup. TPT has more players in the top 3 than BST does. Odds are TPT wins.

TPT 3-2

Either way I have an LF member winning, go both teams! ^_^

OurHero

• Rookie
    • View Profile
LETS GOO!!! #BSTWIN