News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: WDL Summer 2014 Season Feedback  (Read 28107 times)

Ralphis

• 0 time WDL Champion
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
WDL Summer 2014 Season Feedback
« on: August 11, 2014, 03:01:00 PM »
Now that the first ever WDL regular season has concluded, I'm opening up the forums for player feedback both good and bad. If you don't wish to give feedback to the public, you can send me a direct pm listing what you loved/liked/didn't like/hated. Thanks and I hope to see you next season!

Rude

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
Re: WDL Summer 2014 Season Feedback
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 10:12:44 PM »
Sweet league  8). The only issue I had was with the main servers - A B, they seemed to crap out at times but were playable I guess.  Other than that everything was rad, the website and stats are all nice. Hoping for more teams season 2!  And the only thing I hate is capodecimas guts!!!!

capo

• Banned
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • FW ON TOP!
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 03:23:26 AM »
I know i have not much to say. Bcz i am the quitter. :D (i technically dont quit tho) But i must say i loved play my matches, and if there were times more friendly for europeans. I could definitely not "quit". But i really get bored, tired, pissed play this old fucking game at 2-3 am. The old IDL times are gone for me. But when i played matches it still worked magnificent and i enjoyed the game, if i played on good server. Again must say, i could still play if the times were more friendly for Euros.
Now the cons. I think bad were servers. Canadian server was crap, waters server was mostly time crap, wazzups server was a lot time outdated. I think servers need be resolved better next season.
Also competition in this league seems be a bit low. (almost nobody practiced at all:)) I dont say its bad. Old IDL players dont put too much effort to game like he did in past. This is naturally. And IDL has same problem. Nada league is also a lot chill. This is alright. There always will players hungry play their games like IdeIdoom or Yorick this season. I think season 2 can be much more better. Peace

PS I love you Rude.  :-*
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 04:12:17 AM by capodecima »

IdeIdoom

• Rookie
  • RATTLE RATTLE RATTLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 09:10:39 AM »
As a newcomer, I quite enjoyed this season.

At first, for every new comer, really, I didn't quite understand the rules. I still don't to some degree but I can follow easily.
Now, the times aren't that Euro-friendly, as capo said. I usually get pretty tired the next day, but that's my problem. The servers were fine for me. They had some mishaps here and there, but they were constantly good. This season has its highs and lows (which I won't mention), but overall, it's doing good and can successfully be completed and can warrant more and more seasons. Though, I sometimes wonder how long it will take to update the front stats and standings page.
I've noticed, the only team that has done some practicing along the weeks was SDC. The other teams either practice before gametime or practice in SDC's practice.

I'd like to see an increased number of teams next season, also some better servers so people wouldn't complain as much.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 09:13:13 AM by IdeIdoom »

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
  • Welcome 2 Your Own Death
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 03:13:54 PM »
This was a great season overall. I really liked the point system that was put in place, as it did a great job at ranking teams' true strength in the standings. Servers were kind of an issue occasionally, but you all can direct your complaints to Capo over there -- if he wasn't so eager to ban every person from his own server cluster for any stupid reason, we would've never had to get new servers entirely, two or three times throughout the season on a hurry. He actually did his team good when he stopped showing his ugly face! The gametime issue is a relative one, too: they are always designed based on a team's general availability, so if you would like to have games happen at more Euro-friendly times, you should get more European players to sign up next season so they take up a larger percentage of team rosters!

As for "nobody practicing", it depends on each team. Teams like TMC were carefree to the point of truly harming their whole season (no-showers like Shane didn't help either), while others like SUC and SHQ practiced occasionally and performed as expected. A lot of people involved in the league have a busy real life schedule, and that is a constant that we all unfortunately have to deal with. One thing I can say with 100% certainty though is that whoever actively seeks for practice often gets it, be it captain or member. The truth is, if a team is not practicing much at all, it usually means that the entire team is slacking in that regard, not just the captain or a member. And that is perfectly fine too -- it is just the way some teams prefer to operate. Now, whether or not that is an effective strat by any means is debatable and, as always, the game results are the only evidence you need to make conclusions out of it. If anybody here had (or still has) issues with somebody on their team who they felt did not properly fulfill their obligations as a member, this thread would be a good place to talk about it.

The couple of things I would really like to see next season are:
  • A greater number of teams. 8 teams would be great to have, and as a result, team practices would occur more often and keep the league lively. We'll need to hype it up good to get the amount of people for that though.
  • A good, professional streamer to cast the games. I've tried casting games on my own, but my connection's upload rate is far too crappy to even stream the video at a stable framerate, no matter the quality I set it to. Perhaps the likes of Jehar could deliver? That could surely increase WDL's popularity among other communities, which is a huge plus.

Dragon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 10:39:48 AM »
I don't have much to say other than the fact that I enjoyed this season a lot.
The only really bad thing I felt was He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named's super-duper play vs SDC in the last game of the regular season.
Other than that I felt that the league has went really well and it's been really really to have been given the opportunity to play in this.

I feel the organizers have really done a good job. Just by changing the drafting system it did a lot.
The selection of port is also something that made this league better. Great job Odamex developers and everyone who has helped, you've done a tremendous job on everything really, it's by far the best port out there.

I agree with Zakken's post saying that we should aim for a higher number of players next season and I even think it's safe to say that we can.
Also for the servers, the only problem I felt was the fact that you had no consistancy in which server you played on for every week, could be one server one week and another one another week. But even with 150 ping, it still feels like 70 so it really doesn't matter in the end because Odamex.

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 07:37:23 PM »
For sure. We'll have plenty of time to test out servers and iron them out for next season, you can be certain of that. Most WDL proceedings for this first season were done on a whim, so we should all be glad things worked out as smoothly as they did!

Water

• Albino
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 05:49:47 PM »
I was very happy with the season.

Since I only have generally good things to say, I'll highlight some things I'd like to see fixed and contribute to fixing:

- More stable servers, the ones I got were sadly subpar and would jack my ping up to insane levels (150+) for no reason, it did this to Ralph as well and a few others.
- Stats, I plan on taking this over since we need it fully operational for next season
- Maybe get peoples thoughts on the zd123b33 ssg? :D

I noticed that after a server restart, it performs much better. I also discovered that when the server isn't restarted for a week (or more) it performs badly.

This was really awesome, I desperately want the next season to roll around sooner than later!

Alt_Stab

• WDL Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 09:58:43 PM »
This... was my favorite thing I've done in Doom. Some might laugh, but until now I've declined to play in the IDL, and until the ZCL I hadn't competed in an organized format like this, and this was even better than that (not to minimize it) for several reasons. First of all, frankly I think that Odamex makes Zdaemon and Zandro look silly (when it comes to playing serious ctf). I won't go into details but for a number of reasons I don't even think there's a choice when it comes to platform in terms of which one offers the best competitive format. The other thing that made this season so awesome was the way it was set up and ran by the admins. Going to an auction system was a stroke of brilliance, and I think we all loved that. And also, just the level of passion displayed by the admins and most of the players was infectious. Doom's just a game, but the older I get the less free time I have, and so I tend to take it seriously, and it's great to be in a community with others that are like-minded.

capo

• Banned
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • FW ON TOP!
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 01:47:55 AM »
I dunno where i could post and i don't want create new thread so i post here.
I am pretty sad people still thinks i throwed the games, throw rude, tox under a bus. Quit in middle of season etc. I want here share my whole opinion and show you why i stopped play after week 3.
I want just say again if someone don't noticed it, i reallly enjoyed my games i played in WDL, and despite some games or maybe game were kinda fucked up for me. I still really liked play under the WDL status. I loved my position first round drafted guy. I also blame myself for losing some rounds. Which is also we dont made it playoff. When i saw the draft results, i was like "we have no chance win a game".  Maybe this was pretty bad attitude at start, i dunno. But when we played first training tox, rude and me, i thought we have chance. I think tox is pretty good in duels with solid aim but in ctf he doesn't worked well with me and rude. But i also think me and rude could be more strong and carry more tox. I think we  played under our skills. Really i don't  feel like me and rude had some good chemistry at all, which is weird if we played plenty of matches together in FW scrims. I also think we met always team on map which he was really good. Like water, dragon map06 or soul, legion map17 (i don't played this match).
If i just will judge map by map it could looks like this.
Map07 against DMC
I really thinks we had get some points at least 1 fucking point for  one tie round or something. But we were so much out fragged by shane. reck, DS. We practiced this map a lot, and we probably had just play more defensive and simple make it tie. I don't blame anyone in my team for this lost. I was not able score for 20 minutes sadly, and rude and tox leaked some flags. Good game on non-standard map.

map06 against ADD
This is map i really like defend and i knew i can have big troubles against attacking water and second round dragon. But i really don't think i fucked up this round, i had solid defence here. But my team wasn't able score. First game was 2-1 and second 5-3. I think we really had bad attacking here, i think on this map we had score more than 1 cap in first round. I think we had have more practice here but still it was good game. But i think with enough luck or practice or something, we could get some points. Sadly we are still at 0 after 2 match. 

map24 against SUC
This was with no doubt my best game in league. We don't practiced this map at all. I played maybe 2 rounds on this on zandronum like defender and i knew what i have do here. First game i really fucked up but i really don't throwed this first round. I was just rusty, mouse don't felt comfortable, i have this quite often nowadays simple if i don't play any game doom or csgo doesn't matter for while, my mouse feels like i hold in hand piece of rock and can't play properly for while. But oh well in second round we stepped up. Second round was tie. And i really felt we can win 3rd and make it tie. We started leads 2-0 and i think after 5 minutes we still led 2-0. I had some super clutch moments against Ralphis, rude probably aswel. In short we lost this round 3-2 and get only point. I blame myself for losing this match.

With this being said we get our first point in league. I was not happy at all bcz i knew this is over for us. We had no chance make playoff. I don't remember this correct but i think SUC was 4th after this game, we were still last. And if you check the final score TMC has 9 points even with one forfeit. We could also have 9 points if we win our last 2 games, and by head to head rule TMC beat us so they were in playoff anyway. I also don't thought it could be even this close, that we could tied with TMC in ideal scenario. But shane fucked up, pluz forfeit made it really close. But still TMC 2 first clear victories plus beat us  were enough to made playoff.
With all this being said. I had really good season, i know the CTF  team SupeR presented was not really the best. And we played kinda random some game eg. 06. But still i think i could be just better, maybe carry more, practice more at least with rude which was online quite often and work on our synergy. Bcz i really think we was really "close" to make playoff with better plan and shit. But i don't blame anyone, its just like it was and how we played at time.
So after all i had really good games, i think i could be just more professional and work better with team, and simple enjoy the game but meh what is gone is gone, we all do mistakes,  i wish WDL good run in future, and maybe  see you in season 3, 6 or 10 who know.

PS. Also i know quit after week 3 was really bad but i was at this time in bad shape but really don't felt like play more games at 2 AM simple for no reason. I know if everyone was like this, the league could be pretty bad. But i think by-Zero enjoyed his shot in league. So how arrogant this can sounds. I don't feel i did something wrong or even endangered smooth league run. I can just consider more signup in future seasons if i get a chance.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 04:49:23 AM by capodecima »

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2014, 10:10:19 PM »
No, Capo. Just... no.

I am pretty sad people still thinks i throwed the games, throw rude, tox under a bus. Quit in middle of season etc. I want here share my whole opinion and show you why i stopped play after week 3.
I, for one, did not call you out on throwing the few games you played, but rather the way you treated your teammates and made their season more stressful than it should be.

I want just say again if someone don't noticed it, i reallly enjoyed my games i played in WDL, and despite some games or maybe game were kinda fucked up for me. I still really liked play under the WDL status. I loved my position first round drafted guy. I also blame myself for losing some rounds. Which is also we dont made it playoff. When i saw the draft results, i was like "we have no chance win a game".  Maybe this was pretty bad attitude at start, i dunno. But when we played first training tox, rude and me, i thought we have chance. I think tox is pretty good in duels with solid aim but in ctf he doesn't worked well with me and rude. But i also think me and rude could be more strong and carry more tox. I think we  played under our skills. Really i don't  feel like me and rude had some good chemistry at all, which is weird if we played plenty of matches together in FW scrims.
Rude himself admitted that you were a big liability and that playing with you turned out to be a regretful decision, and one he would probably avoid making again. I don't know if there's truth in anything you said here (and personally I think you're just bullshitting), but you made your position very clear several times before, and that is "Rude is a horrible player and captain, how could he be so stupid to only spend $16 on the draft?".

But i don't blame anyone, its just like it was and how we played at time.
You blamed Rude for doing a bad draft, and you blamed Tox for not being a good CTF player. While I'm not going to call you out on blaming others, I will call you out for blatantly lying there.

So after all i had really good games, i think i could be just more professional and work better with team, and simple enjoy the game but meh what is gone is gone, we all do mistakes,  i wish WDL good run in future, and maybe  see you in season 3, 6 or 10 who know.
This is not the first time you try to play your shenanigans off as just "regular happenings" or "mistakes" that should be forgotten. Your purpose for making that post in the first place condemns you! You only wrote this somewhat apologetic post because your non-stopping trash-talk and venom was finally met with retaliation. You're only writing this now so you can have a chance of avoiding your responsibility of serving your punishment. I honestly doubt you would've written something like this if Ralphis chose to continue ignoring your bashing, and I'm glad he finally took action. And in return, you decide to DDOS him just because he banned you from the channel. Way to burn your own bridges, idiot.

PS. Also i know quit after week 3 was really bad but i was at this time in bad shape but really don't felt like play more games at 2 AM simple for no reason. I know if everyone was like this, the league could be pretty bad. But i think by-Zero enjoyed his shot in league. So how arrogant this can sounds. I don't feel i did something wrong or even endangered smooth league run. I can just consider more signup in future seasons if i get a chance.
"Not feeling like it" is a horrible excuse for not showing up for your games. As you've had IDL experience, you should know how the gametimes are presented, and you could've just chosen not to sign up at all if you knew you're not going to be reliable on the regular times. I also know for a fact that for the week 4 game, you were perfectly online and available, yet you chose to play CS:GO instead just to spite your team. Also, you don't feel you did something wrong? How about when you threatened to ban most people from your servers, therefore rendering it unusable as fair grounds for WDL? Or how you threatened Rude to just bail on him if your server conditions weren't met? If anything, you were the sole cause of trouble in this season, along with Shane. Hopefully you'll learn to behave by next Summer, but knowing you for a good few years, I'd say you probably won't.

capo

• Banned
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • FW ON TOP!
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2014, 03:24:34 PM »
Yo i lied about my post before. It was all one big bullshit and lie. I cant live more in lie. Yes i threw every game, threw my team under bus and whatnot i deserve ban. (at least 2 years). If there is really heaven and hell. I go definitely to hell after this. Sorry guys.

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2014, 09:44:20 AM »
It's okay Capo, all of us here already knew that.

capo

• Banned
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • FW ON TOP!
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2014, 10:37:35 AM »
And by stats i have still stronger ssg than you even when i am throwing. Go figure noob. :D

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2014, 08:08:09 PM »
Many of my stats are among the top 5 best, those being far higher/better than yours. The fact you think SSG accuracy is the only thing that matters just proves how much of a scrub you really are. :'( :'( :'(