News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: WDL Winter 2015 Draft Results and Discussion  (Read 10843 times)

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
  • Welcome 2 Your Own Death
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
WDL Winter 2015 Draft Results and Discussion
« on: January 20, 2015, 04:48:01 PM »
Teams

Team DemonSphere
DemonSphere, Dragon, Alpha, Dranzer

Team Water
Water, Torvald, Yorick, Denzoa

Team Alt_Stab
Alt_Stab, Legion, Jwarrier, Xenaero

Team Ralphis
Ralphis, PerroNDoN, HumanBones, Climhazzard

Team Rude
Rude, DevastatioN, Starrk, nub_hat

Team Zakken
Zakken, Tai, Wazzup, dingdang

Auction draft timeline
  • DemonSphere: Legion ($7) ---> Alt_Stab (1st)
  • Water: Torvald ($10) ---> Water (1st)
  • Alt_Stab: DevastatioN ($23) ---> Rude (1st)
  • Ralphis: PerroNDoN ($1) ---> Ralphis (1st)
  • Rude: Dragon ($23) ---> DemonSphere (1st)
  • Zakken: Jwarrier ($12) ---> Alt_Stab (2nd)
  • Zakken: Yorick ($12) ---> Water (2nd)
  • Rude: Denzoa ($3) ---> Water (3rd)
  • Ralphis: Tai ($12) ---> Zakken (1st)
  • Alt_Stab: HumanBones ($17) ---> Ralphis (2nd)
  • DemonSphere: Wazzup ($13) ---> Zakken (2nd)
  • DemonSphere: Alpha ($1) ---> DemonSphere (2nd)
  • Alt_Stab: Climhazzard ($12) ---> Ralphis (3rd)
  • Rude: Xenaero ($6) --->  Alt_Stab (3rd)
  • Zakken: Starrk ($6) --->  Rude (2nd)
  • Zakken: Dranzer ($6) --->  DemonSphere (3rd)
  • Rude: nub_hat ($1) --->  Rude (3rd)
  • Zakken: dingdang ($5) --->  Zakken (3rd)

Free agency

Dastan
Doomguy1999
Doomkid
IdeIdoom
im1hpu0
Infante
Shift
TMD

« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 09:18:08 PM by Zakken »

-Alpha-

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
Re: WDL Winter 2015 Draft Results and Discussion
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 09:10:05 PM »
All of these teams look very interesting and will bring some exciting gameplay throughout the season. Obviously water's team is the worst, other wise good teams all around. Good luck to all, you'll need it.  8) 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D :-[ :-[ ;) :)

Intoxicate

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 11:13:48 PM »
Nice draft! Teams look good and pretty balanced, although I've gotta cheer on my man Rude gj landing Dev hopefully you can get some big wins! :D

capo

• Banned
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • FW ON TOP!
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 05:53:51 AM »
Water's team seems be smartest in the league, possible victor of the league. He  made the smartest bids again Torvald is similar level to water, Yorick is young and very talented and WTF Denzoa for 3 bucks? I think this guy easy show what is his real price. I think this team will very well coordinated and make stable results.  I like how the team is well balanced in frag power and smart play.
I am rooting for my boy Rude and DevastatioN. I hope they go far. I think if Starrk will care enough and frag a lot (or nub_hat became doomgod alongisde dev), i think they have  really big chance make good results.
Also like Alt_Stab's team which is full of doom veterans but Alt_Stab. Alt_Stab could easy bench yourself and let them play xD. (Alt_Stab's team song
).
Also i am really not sure about DS' team, they can probably dominate league (but this could be really bad). 
I am not sure about Ralphis' team, they have great team on paper but i think on those heavy frag based maps, they hardly made it to top 4. welp we'll see. xD
I see big chances for Zakken's team this season. The team is really very frag based and i think they can ends 1/2 in regular season.
Overall team seems be not stacked at all like last season. Where were tai, dragon and water in one team. I am expecting really tough fights and a lot frags. xD Good luck and have fun all. xD
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 06:22:40 AM by capo »

Water

• Albino
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 07:52:31 AM »
This season will be interesting, I spent the least and my team is full of people who have very little league experience (I think the only one is Yorick, I could be wrong). Hopefully team newcomers can kick some ass.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 10:32:24 AM by Water »

capo

• Banned
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • FW ON TOP!
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 02:08:04 PM »
I am changing my prediction about SUC, they actually have chance do playoff if they will donate a lot burgers to perro. xD

<please link smaller images next time, thanks>
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 02:39:44 PM by Water »

Xenaero

• Hall of Famer
  • http://xen.unidoom.org/christmas.mp3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 03:19:31 PM »
At this point I know better than to do predictions on how a team on paper might play in the actual season.

What I will say is the auction draft format was extremely interesting to see in action and looked like a successful idea. Good job.

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
  • Welcome 2 Your Own Death
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 03:25:03 PM »
Dingdang was drafted thanks to the brave assistance of these players.

Rude

• Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2015, 06:41:03 AM »
Nice draft! Teams look good and pretty balanced, although I've gotta cheer on my man Rude gj landing Dev hopefully you can get some big wins! :D

Tox!! Thanks man! Hope to see you at a game or two :D

I have a few things to say about the draft.  Overall the teams look solid, I really dont know whats going to happen in any of the matches really, every game is going to be close. I got Dev for 23$, which is more than I spent on my entire team last season lol.  He is easily worth the money :D.  I am happy that I got Starrk and nub_hat as well, Im excited to play with these guys and go far!  The free agency was very strong this year, I think we were very close to being able to have 8 teams.  A lot of guys deserve to be on teams that are still in the FA, Im sure they will be picked up and get some games played tho.

DS - the DS/Dragon combo is pretty scary.  But can Dragon perform without the Water/Tai support?  Dranzer is a solid fragger, this team is going to be tough.

WUMBO
- Some are saying this team sucks, while I do agree they all suck shit, I think they are going to be strong.  Water has the ability to control zandronum acolytes and lead them out of their wretchedness and towards some sort of cleanliness. Yorick, Tor, and Den have shown their skill, this will be a tough team.

GPS - This is an interesting team, I am excited to see who Stab uses and who sits.  It is 4 very capable players.  Not sure what to expect from this team, Im excited to play them. 

SUC
- Ralphis played the draft well.  He accomplished what I attempted to do last season, sat back and waited and was able to get his first two picks uncontested.  And now this team has the 3 most experienced ctf players in the league, yikes. Im really excited to play this team. Are ancient skills known to be the best?

SDC - Zakken got a nice price on Tai, letting him grab Wazzup as a third.  Not sure who will run, but not sure that matters at all.  This is a scary team.

Water

• Albino
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2015, 08:16:17 AM »
Who said my team sucked @_@

Xenaero

• Hall of Famer
  • http://xen.unidoom.org/christmas.mp3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2015, 04:00:03 PM »
On second thought, I'll speculate a little.

• Team DemonSphere (DemonSphere, Dragon, Alpha, Dranzer)
DemonSphere has been a consistently solid all-rounder for a long time now, and if Dragon is the same as I remember during the final days of Skulltag, he always had a decent interest in competition. Can't speak for Alpha and Dranzer as they're both new faces to me.

• Team Water (Water, Torvald, Yorick, Denzoa)
Other than Water, who are these people? They seem to play with decent teamwork though, so that's good news for Water. The names Denzoa and Dranzer are too close and will confuse me a lot.

• Team Alt_Stab (Alt_Stab, Legion, Jwarrier, Xenaero)
I'm not very good. There's decent game sense on the team that stems from sheer experience, it'll be interesting to see how we start to play together. Jwarrier is old and I thought he was dead but I guess not, must be thinking of someone else.

• Team Ralphis (Ralphis, PerroNDoN, HumanBones, Climhazzard)
Ralph has always been a good running force, it'll be interesting to see how his team backs him up. I can see inconsistency being an issue with the lineup if the defense doesn't bring a full hand to the table.

• Team Rude (Rude, DevastatioN, Starrk, nub_hat)
Dev isn't to be underestimated for frag power, despite not really being a CTF player, so it looks like it's pretty cut out who's going to be where, which makes the other teams' planning a little easier. Starrk has made some good improvements since I saw him last.

• Team Zakken (Zakken, Tai, Wazzup, dingdang)
Zakken is SoulSucka right? He's alright. Tai is high in frags but not in awareness, maybe Wazzup can watch his flank in games. Speaking of, who dug that corpse up? Isn't that the same Wazzup that was in TC???????? Like all Tai teams, hard to predict if they're going to explode at the seams or do really well at any given moment.

Starrk

• Holocaust Denier
  • Veteran
  • #MLG #360noscope #rekt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2015, 08:00:14 PM »

Jwarrier

• Posts too much
  • REG
    • View Profile