News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: WEEK 2 - MAP11 CORE29 [OCT 30 - NOV 05] Discussion  (Read 3757 times)

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
  • Welcome 2 Your Own Death
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
WEEK 2 - MAP11 CORE29 [OCT 30 - NOV 05] Discussion
« on: October 29, 2017, 03:29:59 PM »
Week 2 - MAP11: Toxic Refineries II (CORE29)
October 30th - November 5th

Techno Vikings [TKV]
Caution, Zakken, Godlike, Infer
0 pts (0-1-0)
vs
[SXP] Sexual Panthers
HumanBones, OurHero, Souler, Unknown
0 pts (0-1-0)

Damn! [DEM]
Rude, turSKA, Starrk, Halloween
1 pt (0-1-0)
vs
[GPS] Giant Pea Shooters
Alt_Stab, Denzoa, Tony, PerroNDoN
4 pts (1-0-0)

Hurt You Plenty [HYP]
DevastatioN, Dragon, Wartorn, Decay
3 pts (1-0-0)
vs
[SUC] Super Chargers
Ralphis, Jwarrier, BlueVenom, SkullRush
4 pts (1-0-0)

The Phantom Troupe [TPT]
Tai, D'Sparil, Dranzer, Razor
0 pts (0-1-0)
vs
[BST] Best Ever
RoSKing, Avc, Dastan, Cartel
4 pts (1-0-0)

r4z0r

• Unsportsmanlike
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: WEEK 2 - MAP11 CORE29 [OCT 30 - NOV 05] Discussion
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 03:50:47 PM »
tkv 2-0 sxp

gps 2-1 dem (this is gonna be a close match)

suc 2-0 hyp (team??)

bst 2-0 tpt i lost hope

PerroNDoN

• Veteran
  • #PrayforPerroNDoN
    • View Profile
    • My tracks and projects
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 09:26:51 PM »
TKV Vs SXP
Damn, Ourhero, bones and souler are so cool, but i think TKV has this game
i will love to see SXP win this one

DEM Vs GPS
i win

HYP Vs SUC
Sorry Dev, Ralphis got this one

TPT Vs BST
mmm i want to see this game

Tony

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 07:06:14 AM »
TKV Vs SXP
Both teams are coming into this game off of a week 1 loss. I think this one will go to TKV 2-1

HYP Vs SUC
I think this one will be a lot closer than everyone thinks, but ultimately, I believe SUC is going to win 2-0 (in 2 very close games)

TPT Vs BST
BST will easily take this 2-0

Ten

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 08:09:39 AM »
TKV vs SXP

Infer had a rough week 1, but this will be a good warmup team for him to bounce back on and get him back up to speed for week 3. Caution did very well week 1 recording some impressive stats further solidifying his status as a god on mid, and Zakken remains as strong as ever on D. Meanwhile, Souler and OurHero are both decent players, but neither of them are 1st-pick level and are going to make this a difficult season for Bones. I don't see SXP having much of a chance here, this is a large open map that's difficult to D and mid on, areas in which TKV is much stronger in.

TKV 2-0

DEM vs GPS

Will Rude be able to play his 1st-pick this week? Turska was absent last week, causing DEM to suffer their first loss in a crazy 3-game season opener, but if he's available they can still be a force to be reckoned with. Conversely, my boy DENNY<3 recorded some damn fine stats in his opening week, and Stab was looking very solid as usual with his Caution-like mid support. What I really want to see is GPS busting out Tony and truly ascending into a potential high-seed team. If Tony plays, and is mostly de-rusted, GPS will have a very very good season. I make my predictions on best-lineup scenarios for both teams, and with that being said I think this will be a tight game. DEM will probably have the slight offensive advantage with Turska, but GPS will have more firepower and support systems in place. The biggest factor in this game will be who DEM's third is and how they perform. Starrk and Halloween are both good players, but in the end I think the more polished Stab/Denzoa/Tony lineup will prove triumphant.

GPS 2-1

HYP vs SUC

My Zan clanmate SkullRush pulled an upset and surprised the hell out of everyone with his impressive performance on D against one of the toughest teams last week. If he can generate more steam and keep that pace going, SUC will have a great season as the Ralph+Jwar duo needs little explanation. HYP on the other hand, despite somehow managing to come out bleeding with a win last week, isn't looking nearly as solid. Dev and Dragon are a good duo together, but HYP currently suffers from the 'no solid 3rd' syndrome at the moment. Wartorn and Decay *must* have some use if they were drafted onto to the team, but how much? Dragon is a very good and adaptive player who might be able to get a couple of caps in, but otherwise I see HYP being completely outclassed in this matchup.

SUC 2-0

TPT vs BST

Here we go, game of the week by far. Despite suffering a somewhat-surprising upset loss in week 1, TPT still remains a very powerful team. The Tai/Sparil duo is a fragging madhouse machine, and what Tai needs to do this week is play his actual runner this time instead of another fragger. Razor is another up-and-coming player who's proven to be an efficient runner and could potentially have a breakout season - if given the chance. Unfortunately for TPT though, the team they have to play to rebound from that opening loss is perhaps the strongest team in the league. This is just my opinion of course, but I consider RosKing to be the #1 best player overall in the league, and I also consider Avc to be by far the best runner in the league after an absolutely insane breakout season last year. That's just an unfair combination. BST isn't 100% bulletproof, though. Cartel and Dastan are both *very* good players over on Zandro where they originated, so the question remains on how well they will be able to transition that over to Odamex. Cartel had a decent performance last week, though it was against a team that required little effort. This week will be their true test, though I'm expecting Ros to play Cartel more as he's a low-pinging mid and doesn't need Dastan's running ability as much as he needs his fragging ability. We shall see. In either event, I predict the Avc/Ros duo proves unstoppable once again and BST continues on its' path to becoming the W2017 TKV.

BST 2-0

Cartel

• Rookie
  • WDL Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 06:20:35 PM »
TKV vs SXP:
I could see Unknown getting the nod to start at defense this week against TKV.  TKV could too change up their lineup with Godlike over Infer.  Regardless, I'm going with TKV for the win.

DEM vs GPS:
I went 3-1 last week with DEM being my only wrong pick.  However, I was under the impression turSKA was going to play.  I do think he plays this week.  Den had a very strong game, but could have his hands full this week.  DEM got the flag out sooo many times and could have scored several times, but HYP had some clutch defensive plays.  I'm going with DEM for the win.

HYP vs SUC:
HYP's win over DEM was much closer than what the final scores showed.  Like I mentioned before, DEM got the flag out many times but HYP was clutch, however, they're going up against a team with an even stronger offense.  SUC takes the win.

TPT vs BST:
Not going to lie, I was pretty nervous in game one and my stats showed it.  First WDL game and a lot of people watching didn't help. I did settle down in game two, but I can't afford to play like I did in game one this week.  We're taking on a tough team who needs a win. I'm going have to take some extra measures to ensure I'm calm and ready to go with this matchup.  I have some ideas, so I should be good.  Like SXP, I think we could see a shake up with TPT's starting lineup.  Razor may see his first action in WDL.  Overall, BST over TPT. 

Jwarrier

• Posts too much
  • REG
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 08:04:53 PM »
TKV vs SXP

This may be the map that allows Bones team to shine.  While I could see miscues leading to an SXP victory I think this week TKV takes this in 3 rounds.  2-1 TKV

DEM vs GPS

DEM is a dangerous team that we have not yet seen the true fire power yet.  With that being said I think the team that gets the most practice to iron out strategy play on this map wins.  I have to give this one to my two time captain Alt Stab and his team of little pea shooters. 2-1 GPS

TPT vs BST

TPT has a fraggy and very defensive lineup... then they have the unsportsmanlike r4z0r.  This map is about brain play and team work so I think BST takes this in 3.  2-1 BST

HYP vs SUC

SUC is back baby.  2-0 SUC