News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: WEEK 4 - MAP28 THIRTY16-25 [NOV 13 - NOV 19] Discussion  (Read 4615 times)

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
  • Welcome 2 Your Own Death
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
WEEK 4 - MAP28 THIRTY16-25 [NOV 13 - NOV 19] Discussion
« on: November 11, 2017, 05:29:16 PM »
Week 4 - MAP28: BAD MOON (THIRTY16-25)
November 13th - November 19th

Hurt You Plenty [HYP]
DevastatioN, Dragon, Wartorn, Decay
3 pts (1-2-0)
vs
[GPS] Giant Pea Shooters
Alt_Stab, Denzoa, Tony, PerroNDoN
7 pts (2-1-0)

Sexual Panthers [SXP]
HumanBones, OurHero, Dranzer, Unknown
1 pt (0-3-0)
vs
[TPT] The Phantom Troupe
Tai, D'Sparil, TMD, Razor
1 pt (0-3-0)

Super Chargers [SUC]
Ralphis, Jwarrier, Souler, SkullRush
9 pts (2-1-0)
vs
[DEM] Damn!
Rude, turSKA, Starrk, Halloween
8 pts (2-1-0)

Techno Vikings [TKV]
Caution, Zakken, Godlike, Infer
7 pts (2-1-0)
vs
[BST] Best Ever
RoSKing, Avc, Dastan, Cartel
12 pts (3-0-0)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 05:09:38 PM by Zakken »

r4z0r

• Unsportsmanlike
  • Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: WEEK 4 - MAP28 THIRTY16-25 [NOV 13 - NOV 19] Discussion
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 11:35:05 AM »
gps vs hyp

gps just goes through everything they are DEM 2.0 in this league and dragon loses his temper too

gps 2-0 hyp

sxp vs tpt

wheelchair matchup im giving up because tai was at a furry convention and d'sparil is praying

sxp 2-0 tpt

Suc vs dem

Dem just goes throuhg everything and suc has shown themselves to not be as strong of a team as everyone had hyped them up to be with that loss to tkv

dem 2-1 suc

tkv vs bst

avc gets mad that no one cares about him and goes to home depot leaving cab to field dastan and cartel, tkv could pull an upset win but its unlikely unless they really practice their balls off

bst 2-1 tkv

PerroNDoN

• Veteran
  • #PrayforPerroNDoN
    • View Profile
    • My tracks and projects
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 01:37:31 PM »
SXP VS TPT

This is where the bets will be present, two teams with 1 point and we will see which of these will win at least, all my money goes to SXP !!!!!
2-0

SUC VS DAM
SUC IS BACK BABY
2-1

BST VS TKV

This is one of those games that everyone has wanted to see, the rosking team is one of the most balanced of the season, but I think Zakken can do anything
It's a pretty complicated map to run if you're not a good shooter
So if AVC can kill people it will win
1-1

Cartel

• Rookie
  • WDL Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 02:23:47 PM »
11-1 on the year with my picks :)

HYP vs GPS

Dragon was owning me in game 1, got saved many times by Ros, but I was able to get things under control in game 2.  Really surprised to see Dragon run, was fully expecting to see Wartorn.  I'm expecting Dragon to move back to mid this week, while Decay and War battle it out for the O position.  My bets are on Decay.  As for GPS, Denz has been a rock on D this year.  As long as he plays, GPS will win. GPS W

SXP vs TPT

Who would have thought TPT would be 0-3 at this point? But I do believe they'll get their first win on the season.  Just can't see Hero being able to run on Tai/OJ.  TPT W

SUC vs DEM

I had a feeling SUC was going to lose against TKV.  TKV's fragging was just too much and while Skull has been playing well, his ping will always be an issue.  I can only imagine if he had a low ping.  Not sure where Blue is.  Haven't seen him in practice at all.  SUC may consider dropping him in exchange for Souler.  Give Skull some competition on defense.  As for DEM, extremely good fragging team and a solid offense.  A bit of a changeup with their lineup last week.  Starrk went D and turSKA on O.  Definitely seeing them doing that again.  Gotta have your best fraggers up front to take on Ralph and JWar.  Overall, I see another loss for SUC this week.  DEM W

TKV vs BST

Most can agree that this is probably the match up of the week.  Undefeated BST vs a strong TKV who started the season with a loss but has won 2 straight.  Infer will probably get the start this week, but I can't imagine he'll play at mid like he did last week.  That would be a tough role to take on both Ros, who's probably playing the best out of everyone this year, and against Avc.  So I'm expecting Caution at mid to balance it out.  Of course, Zak on D and Infer on O. Infer and Zakken's ping could cause some problems with the many shotgun spawns especially if they're chasing down Avc.  Should be an interesting game.  BST W

Blue team goes 4-0 this week.

Alt_Stab

• WDL Treasurer
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 05:14:24 AM »
SXP vs TPT
I think this will be a close game, but if I had to guess the winner I'd say I'm leaning slightly towards SXP at this point.

SUC vs DEM
SUC in 2.

TKV vs BST
Game of the week. I predict a three rounder that could go either way. I'll say TKV pulls it off, though I wouldn't be surprised at all if BST wins. Basically a pick'em. 

HYP vs GPS
 :vincemoney

Zakken

• Hall of Famer
  • Welcome 2 Your Own Death
    • View Profile
    • nhentai
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 11:18:34 AM »
HYP vs GPS
Stab has proved nay-sayers that his team can keep up with the best, just as long as he's got powerhouse Denzoa in tow. HYP, on the other hand, has been struggling to find their footing, as Dev and Dragon haven't been able to compensate for Wartorn/Decay's lacklustre performances thus far. Their best bet is to try putting their 3rd player on an unexpected position (like D, perhaps?) and see how much mileage they can get out of it, but either way, it's hard not to imagine GPS outplaying HYP at every exchange.
HYP 0-2 GPS

SXP vs TPT
This will be a very decisive match for both teams, as whoever wins will open up a big opportunity for a playoff spot, while the losing team will almost certainly kiss the season goodbye. SXP has shown sparks of brilliance against DEM last week, exemplifying their sheer willpower to improve and stand strong against dire odds, and will continue to grow steadily stronger if they keep on practising regularly. TPT, however, has been a clown fiesta, with the only active and committed player being Razor. With Dranzer being extremely nonchalant, D'Sparil being laggy and seldom available and Tai coming out with his 2003-tier communicative skills, all signs point to SXP finally getting their blood and sweat's worth with their first victory of the season, but they ought to stay on their toes, as TPT still has a decent amount of talent up their sleeve.
SXP 2-1 TPT

SUC vs DEM
As I've said while casting DEM's last game, Rude and turSKA is a scaaaaaaaary combo, I'm telling you. Even though SUC will certainly try to quickly regroup from their loss, I don't feel this map plays to SUC's strengths. Assuming both teams play with their main line-ups, DEM will exploit every weakness in SUC's composition, and even though SUC will be sure to brute-force some captures their way, the momentum will largely stay on DEM's side for this one.
SUC 0-1-2 DEM

TKV vs BST
welcome to the tryhard match-up

Ralphis

• 0 time WDL Champion
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 09:42:08 PM »
SXP vs TPT
TPT drops Dranzer, SXP picks him up. SXP turns Dranzer loose on TPT. TPT suffers. SXP 2-0

TKV vs BST
Should be a very good game. It's a toss-up, but my gut says TKV. TKV 2-1

HYP vs GPS
GPS is on a roll. HYP has great pieces, but the Decay/Wartorn tandem requires development that might not be far enough along for this one. 2-0 GPS

SUC vs DEM
 :psycash :psycash :psycash

Ten

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 02:51:01 PM »
HYP vs GPS

As predicted from the start of the season, HYP has been suffering from perhaps one of the worst cases of not having a useful 3rd we've seen and it's been more than evident. GPS, on the other hand, is looking as strong as ever with a solid lineup covering all positions well. GPS will most likely cut right through the gaping holes in HYP's lineup, and add yet another L to HYP's coffin.

GPS 2-0

SUC vs DEM

This is a hard game to predict, not gonna lie. I think this is a map where Ralph will want a heavy Jwar manning D with SkullRush trying to clear mid. Rude is a heavy-hitter and will probably man D, with Turska running and Starrk clearing mid. It will be a very solid matchup that will go nearly the full 30 minutes, but in the end I'm predicting the combined experience of Ralph and Jwar give them the edge over DEM and pushes SUC to one win away from securing a first-round playoff bye.

SUC 2-1

SXP vs TPT

I have no idea where to begin with this one after finding out that Tai had dropped Dranzer to the FA on waiver. Based upon the information that has been provided to me, it's very likely that SXP will be picking up Dranzer which is an absolute game changer for SXP, and gives them life putting them back into the playoff race. That being said, even with Dranzer on SXP, TPT still has the upper-hand. Razor has proven to be a very capable runner, which is something SXP is still lacking in any case. But with Dranzer they can still have a very good shot at making playoffs if they practice and find a good chemistry together. This is all assuming DSparil and Tai can manage to show up together, which is something that they seem to have difficulty doing. If one doesn't show, SXP mops the floor. If they both show, TPT will win thanks to a stronger offensive front.

TPT 2-1

TKV vs BST

Game of the week, easily. BST is looking very intense right now sitting atop the standings at 1st place with 12 unanswered points. However, as someone pointed out on IRC earlier, BST has also only played the bottom 3 teams in the league so far. That's not to say that is the only reason why they're in 1st place right now, they are still very much a strong team. This week will be their true test as a team, as they finally play another top team. Zakken and Caution make an insanely powerful defensive duo, and Infer is a capable runner. On other hand, RosKing and Avc are an even *better* duo, with a reliable support in Cartel. I think BST will come out ahead with another win, but I think it's going to require them putting in every ounce they have in order to earn that win as TKV will not make it easy. BST wins in three hard-fought rounds and finally has a point taken from them.

BST 2-0-1

Cartel

• Rookie
  • WDL Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2017, 09:47:03 PM »
Updating my predictions...

Still going with GPS over HYP
Still going with BST over TKV even though I'm not feeling too good about this map.  WAAAAY more challenging than I'd expected.

As for the new lineups, I'm still sticking with TPT over SXP, but now going with SUC over DEM. 

Cartel

• Rookie
  • WDL Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 03:20:14 PM »
Changing my prediction for the SXP & TPT match-up.  Going with SXP now.  I don't think TPT has practiced at all this week.  I believe TPT has checked-out for this season.